collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay  (Read 11832 times)

bluegeist

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »
I really want this along with White Celestia and Zecora, but gosh...that's a lot of money! This along with the new MH stuff will be the death of me  :drunk:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
Hm, yeah, I'm not too terribly excited. That's a lot of money and I already have Pinkie and RD (NO idea why they just HAD to toss those 2 in there >.<) and I wish Vinyl's glasses came off. Lemon Hearts, NMM, and Trixie are gorgeous, but I'd really rather just buy them separately...I dunno what I'll do when I see this in stores. Maybe I'll get more excited then..
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
I dont think $40 is too bad for the amount of ponies you are getting! However, as I only want Flower Wishes and Lemon  Hearts/Treats...I think I ll need to see about splitting a box with someone.

I am going to say well done to Hasbro for trying and for glittering up some ponies but I agree the selection of ponies for what is supposed to be "fans favourites" is truly random if they are judging by the "brony" community - NMM, Trixie, RD and Vinyl Scratch make enough sense...the others just seem odd inclusions. 

Pinkie is also quite popular in the "brony" community. Of course they usually tend to up the crazy factor on her.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Appleseed

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 12:51:33 AM »
I wish Pinkie and Dash were replaced with other ponies, we don't need them being re-released for the umpteenth time. Otherwise stellar if not pricey. Is it going to be Toys-R-Us exclusive? Because I seriously hope not! The local one closed down a few years ago :( :(

Offline agnusdei

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • little lamb
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »
I love the packaging with nightmare moon on the box, how cool!  really looking forward to this set, I like glitter cutie marks (even if the glitter is all over their sides and not just on the actual symbol) so that's an extra plus for me.  I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't have a pinkie pie yet, so the fact that her and dash are included instead of other "fan favorites" isn't a deal-breaker for me. thanks for sharing, I can't wait till this set comes out! :hope:

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2012, 04:19:15 AM »
I love this set... but still, August... well I guess it will go faster than we think!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »
But Nightmare Moon's glitter looks like it's specifically just on the moon, like the moon-shape is made of fine glitter (as with the early G1 pegasi and unicorns).   The others just have the typical G3 style of glitter, where some glue is spread over the symbol and then glitter is randomly sprinkled over it.

I could be wrong, but this doesn't seem to be the case with NMM;  I don't see any glitter on the purple parts of her symbol.

I keep calling her Lemon Hearts/Treats...as I think they look like 3 gems [similar style to Diamond Rose] rather than hearts as well.

I am not sure about the glitter - even enlarged the symbols are tough in scale to make an accurate decision but I think the glitter looks more "just the symbol" than the random tossed around glitter we have seen on Taobao ponies. But I would guess unfortunately the finished products will probably end up the same as with Sweetie Swirl and Starbeam Twinkle random glitter instead.

I dont think $40 is too bad for the amount of ponies you are getting! However, as I only want Flower Wishes and Lemon  Hearts/Treats...I think I ll need to see about splitting a box with someone.

I am going to say well done to Hasbro for trying and for glittering up some ponies but I agree the selection of ponies for what is supposed to be "fans favourites" is truly random if they are judging by the "brony" community - NMM, Trixie, RD and Vinyl Scratch make enough sense...the others just seem odd inclusions. 

Pinkie is also quite popular in the "brony" community. Of course they usually tend to up the crazy factor on her.

Thats true about Pinkie I guess...I maintain the others are random though :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2012, 06:48:11 AM »
TRU Exclusive >.< And the problem being, TRU will only accept US credit cards. Otherwise I'd have it pre-ordered and sent to my VPost address.

Edit: Oh, wait, I forgot. They do now :P However, given VPost's nature, I have to wait until the release date is closer before I can place an order...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:00:32 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2012, 07:00:56 AM »
I really thought Zecora was going to be in this set. I'm so glad I was wrong though because I know I want her but I'm not sure yet if I want the rest.

I am surprised how many people here are calling the set pricy or expensive. That's just about exactly how much we'd be paying if we bought them all individually (around here, I've mostly seen individual ponies in stores for 5.99, so this is actually cheaper), and I'd imagine Nightmare Moon would cost more than the regular-sized ponies if she were a single. So this is actually a perfectly reasonable price...I was expecting a lot more since this is marketed as a collectable set.

I am curious, though....is it just me or is Rainbow Dash's hair wrong? It looks like her mane is orange, then red, then yellow, and her tail is a blend of blue and purple? And green is...somewhere? I hope that's not what it actually looks like.

Gonzo

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2012, 07:21:53 AM »
I have a bad feeling that by the time I've saved up enough money, it'll be sold out--but then, I'm not looking forward to the shipping.

So excited about this set! :D One of my sisters collects G4s and agreed to split the cost with me (I already have Dashie and Pinkie); time to start saving up.

I am curious, though....is it just me or is Rainbow Dash's hair wrong? It looks like her mane is orange, then red, then yellow, and her tail is a blend of blue and purple? And green is...somewhere? I hope that's not what it actually looks like.

Yeah, Dash's tail is blue and purple (the green is on the very bottom of her mane).

Offline CrystalCrown

• Flamez o' Justice
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • You don't need a license to drive a sandwich!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2012, 07:33:18 AM »
OMG. I LOVE the box art.

I think if i get this set i might just keep it MIB because the box is freakin' awesome!
:fox: :rainbow: F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me! N is for anywhere and anytime at all down here in the deep blue sea!  :frog:

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2012, 07:44:00 AM »
I wonder if they put Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in there because of a story

[slight content edit ~Kiwi]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 02:45:22 PM by Kiwi »

Asphodel

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2012, 09:15:50 AM »
Nooooooo no no nooo!  :cry:

I like to think Pinkie Pie is there because she's "so random", and Rainbow Dash because she seems to be a massive favourite with certain internet bronies  ^.^

Personally, I'm not a fan of RD at all... but I need, need, need that Nightmare Moon! :lovey:

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
Nooooooo no no nooo!  :cry:

I like to think Pinkie Pie is there because she's "so random", and Rainbow Dash because she seems to be a massive favourite with certain internet bronies  ^.^

Personally, I'm not a fan of RD at all... but I need, need, need that Nightmare Moon! :lovey:

Haha yeah, I hope that too! I want all of those ponies, really, they're so pretty! * u *

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
IMO Rainbow Dash and Pinkie are there to appeal to little kids, not collectors or bronies.  I know this set is called "the collector set", but Hasbro certainly will be happy if kids buy it as well!   :P

It's true that Rainbow Dash and Pinkie have lots of collector and brony fans, but IMO most adults who really wanted toy versions of them already have them.  They have not exactly been hard to find, ha ha! :happy:

No, I think this is more to inspire this sort of thing: "LOOK, Mom, it's RAINBOW DASH!  I had her on my Christmas list and I didn't get her . . . Please, Mom, please?  Look, she comes with all these other ponies, that makes it a really good deal!"
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal