collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay  (Read 11816 times)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Boxed collectors set (incl Nightmare Moon) spotted on ebay
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »
Awesome! I'm actually not that bothered by Nightmare Moon 9though she does have beautifully deep colours), or some of the brushables that come with it, but I really want Flower Wishes!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »
I understand it for RD, Pinkie and DJ-Pon3, but not Nightmare, Flower Wishes and Trixie..

Bronies also seem to like Lyra, Ditzy Doo, Big Mac, Golden Harvest and Dr Whooves.. Possibly Daring Do too, but she never gets a mention. We've got Ditzy Doo as Comic Con and Lyra as a single, Big Mac and Golden Harvest at blind bag size but no brushable.

I would... do things for a Daring Do brushable. I love her so hard.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
as much as ive been dieing to see the set..somethings just not right...im sure that will change when i see if on the shelves

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
I really like this set, the box looks amazing too! I really like the ponies that are included and I don't mind the glitter. I hope I'll someday see them here in the Netherlands too because I can only imagine the outrageous prices they're going to get sold for on Ebay..  :yikes:

ScarletSeraph

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
Buy a NMM on eBay by herself?

Is she likely to end up there, would you think, without it going into some sort of bidding war? I was assuming she'd be one of the bigger draws for the set, so I wasn't expecting I'd be able to find anyone who wanted the rest of the set, but not her.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 03:16:12 PM »
I like how this set looks! Won't be able to buy it until December though, so I hope it is still in stores by then.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 04:05:35 PM »
Bah some collectors set!

Boo hasbro your attempts to make a quick dollar makes me laugh.

Would have been a really nice set if Trixie, Pinkie, and Rainbow Dash weren't in it but instead maybe like Golden Harvest, Rainbow Shine, and Minuette instead?

I will still buy the set though, because Nightmare Moon looks amazing. I just hope they are collector quality...
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
hum looks like this is a set my friend and I chip in on and split, kinda disapointed we end up with more pinkie and dash...I love them but those two spots could have been for new ponies oh well..

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
Gosh! I need to find someone to buy it for me and sent it here; why do they make all the cool ponies exclusive? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? T.T

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 04:49:16 PM »
I dont think $40 is too bad for the amount of ponies you are getting! However, as I only want Flower Wishes and Lemon  Hearts/Treats...I think I ll need to see about splitting a box with someone.

I am going to say well done to Hasbro for trying and for glittering up some ponies but I agree the selection of ponies for what is supposed to be "fans favourites" is truly random if they are judging by the "brony" community - NMM, Trixie, RD and Vinyl Scratch make enough sense...the others just seem odd inclusions. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 04:53:40 PM »
I understand it for RD, Pinkie and DJ-Pon3, but not Nightmare, Flower Wishes and Trixie..

Bronies also seem to like Lyra, Ditzy Doo, Big Mac, Golden Harvest and Dr Whooves.. Possibly Daring Do too, but she never gets a mention. We've got Ditzy Doo as Comic Con and Lyra as a single, Big Mac and Golden Harvest at blind bag size but no brushable.

Both Trixie and Nightmare Moon are very popular. O_O Also, it's not because they are not in this box that we will never see brushables of Golden Harvest and such. Lyra, Cherry Berry and Sunny Rays all just got a regular release. Not to mention that male ponies are still pretty new. Shining Armor isn't even fully released.

I feel some people are a bit unrealistic. Hasbro is testing the waters here. They are not able to cram every hint of "fan favorite" pony in there. I guess Pinkie and Rainbow help to keep the sales a bit safe. (Not to mention that there are a lot of bronies who don't really own any toys.)
I also think that if one wants "collector quality" ponies, one would be paying a lot more than 40$. At least over here, 40$ is fairly cheap for 7 ponies.

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Buy a NMM on eBay by herself?

Is she likely to end up there, would you think, without it going into some sort of bidding war? I was assuming she'd be one of the bigger draws for the set, so I wasn't expecting I'd be able to find anyone who wanted the rest of the set, but not her.
She's already there.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
I love, love, loooove the box art and Nightmare Moon, but this seems like a very strange set.

For $40 we get:

Nightmare Moon (fan favorite)
Vinyl Scratch (fan favorite)
Trixie (fan favorite, but available as a single for $5)
Flower Wishes / Daisy (known as one of the panicky Flower Trio, but not really a fan favorite per se)
Lemon Hearts (in the show but not a fan favorite)
Pinkie Pie (has been in a bazillion sets already)
Rainbow Dash (has been in a bazillion sets already)

I dunno, it seems to me to have three main "draw" characters for TV-fan collectors, Nightmare Moon and Vinyl Scratch.  Lots of people are already buying Trixie as a single, but if they haven't bought her already she could certainly have appeal . . .

But that is a lot of ponies for $40, and I guess I can customize Pinkie.  So overall I am quite excited for this set.  Nightmare Moon in particular looks fantastic and will be My Little Pony's third official villain/antagonist character made into a toy (after Gilda the Griffon and Trixie)!!  And Lemon Treats is a YELLOW UNICORN, gotta love that!  I foresee a bunch of Red Roses customs in the future . . . ;)

But it still seems a little weird to me, because there are lots and lots of more popular TV FIM characters and it's not like it would cost any more money to make them rather than Flower Wishes or Pinkie Pie.

BTW, if you mouseover the TRU picture you can see close-ups of the characters!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12885979&prodFindSrc=rv

Edit:  Wait, is that Lemon Hearts?  In the close up her symbol looks more like gemstones.

Edit #2:  An even closer close-up:

Oh my pony, is NMM's moon on her symbol made of glitter, ala early unicorns like Moondancer???
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:29:54 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
Edit:  Wait, is that Lemon Hearts?  In the close up her symbol looks more like gemstones.

Edit #2:  An even closer close-up:

Oh my pony, is NMM's moon on her symbol made of glitter, ala early unicorns like Moondancer???

They all have glitter. I think that might be why Lemon Hearts' symbol looks weird, too.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
But Nightmare Moon's glitter looks like it's specifically just on the moon, like the moon-shape is made of fine glitter (as with the early G1 pegasi and unicorns).   The others just have the typical G3 style of glitter, where some glue is spread over the symbol and then glitter is randomly sprinkled over it.

I could be wrong, but this doesn't seem to be the case with NMM;  I don't see any glitter on the purple parts of her symbol.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal