collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies left behind in charity shops  (Read 4999 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies left behind in charity shops
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »
 I have left some behind...because I don't have enough money for all sometimes. I am on the call list for mlps at a nearby thrift shop, but they rarely have g1s...I still buy up others because I feel that even if i do not want the pony, someone out there does, or I give them to my daughters as prizes for this and that.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2012, 11:18:01 AM »
I try to pick up G4s whenever I see them and recently there have been quite a few blossomforth ponies floating around for whatever reason!

G3s I will pick up if they are ok priced, at the flea market a lady wanted too much for really ratty ones. 

G1s I grab and have yet to see too many of them but when I do, home they go! (As long as they are not too expensive of course!)

G2s I would love to find and surely would take em.  :biggrin:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »
I left a bunch of ponies at the flea market yesterday. One in particular I remember I wanted to grab, but the part around the hoof magnet had been chewed off.  :blink: I also feel silly because I left behind some doubles of one I had already purchased at another stall, not realizing the others I found were upgrades of the one I got earlier. LOL. Also left behind a ton of Breyer's, fakies, So Softs and other horse plush. There was too much for me to buy it all, so I had to be more choosy about the ponies I grabbed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
I just found my first ever G1s at a thrift shop! Applejack, Bowtie, Moondancer, Majesty, and a fakie in a ziplock. They are all in sad shape, but I brought them home.

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »
I left some G3s at thrift yesterday.  I feel a little guilty, but I think I've plateaued-out on G3s, esp common ones.   

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2012, 12:06:09 PM »
i left some g3s at  a swapmeet today 2 wystiria a mcd cherrilee star catcher Pink Sunsparkle and Princess peppermint i wanted to get them i just didnt have any cash

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 12:25:19 PM »
lol I love this thread. :D I also have a "No G1 Left Behind" policy. I've only left 2 or 3 behind at an antique mall once because they were marked $15 each and were very common. I usually have no problems with pricing at the flea markets though. The vendors know me and give me a little break on purchasing multiple items (i.e. 6 ponies for $3 when they're usually $1 each). I rarely find G2s, but usually scoop them up if I do. G3s get left behind, unless it's one that I want or know I can resell. G4s only get bought if I need them. And if I find an Applejack, regardless of generation, she becomes mine.  :happy:  Fakies only get purchased if I like them or if I know I can resell them to someone else.
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
I leave behind the baits, there are a few customizers where i live who I know will put good use to them. I will usually pick up G3's if they have resale value or there are 3 or more in the bag at the thrift stores, we dont really have a regular flea market here in the summer months which is lame. G1's I will leave behind if they have major flaws or are very common otherwise I will snatch em up :)

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »
I never leave a G1, even if they are all manky. I used to  always get G3's but  after a G3 herd downsize I rarely buy them  from thrift shops. On the rare occasions that I have seen G2's I usually buy them. g3.5 get no love from me.

I'll buy the new McD's ponies since I  only bought AJ while they were out.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
No pony left behind!

Er, not quite. I don't pick up doubles unless they're bagged up with someone I don't have. I get fakies quite often as long as I like how they look, too. :) I'll even go for McDs or Ponyvilles if I don't have them.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
I left a G3.5 Pinkie behind just yesterday. It was the styling size. I would have bought her but she was covered in pen and marker. Plus, Goodwill likes to use Sharpie to price toys. Just too much pen for me!
My Goodwill types the price on a sticker and puts it on the item. A few days ago at the Antique Mall, when I got my ponies (I posted them in the brag areana), I was comtemplating on whether or not to get a TE Sweet Stuff who had a 50 cent price written on her NDS from whatever thrift store she was at before. She was a 2 for $5 deal. I'll probably get her next time, I need sunfading practice.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Englishgothgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 06:17:41 AM »
lol jahlila your post inspired me!

(pics not mine it came off google!)

support your G1's people!

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
There was a time when I couldn't leave even the rattiest Peachy behind, but I actually very rarely buy duplicate ponies I see these days.  I HATE selling ponies, which is why I have boxes and boxes of duplicates (we're talking 2000-ish!) which I am only just now forcing myself to go through and photograph to sell.  It's not worth the heartache of buying more unwanted ponies to send off to an uncertain fate! :P

That is one reason I love the pony community and these types of boards. When I sell ponies on the board to other members, I know they're going to someone who loves them and wants them.

I feel bad about the ratty ponies sitting in people's bait boxes waiting for someone to make them pretty. I totally love restoring old G1s and making them pretty again so people will want them and want to take care of them. I like to think of myself as a pony half way house. I give them a bath, some new hair or paint as needed and get them back on their hooves. And then send them on their way where they will find their true herd with someone who loves them. I love the pony community. ^.^

But more on topic, I have left a pony or two behind for various reasons. They haunt me, but I do hope another pony fan or even a little girl picked them up and are enjoying them.

Gothpony: Awesome pic. I would so buy that pony! LOL
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:01:46 AM by TimeDance »

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »
I would find it incredibly difficult to leave a G1 behind. But if it was a G3 I already have, I'd most definitely leave it there, unless of course it was rare.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Shorelines

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:39 AM »
i have left plenty :P

yesterday i didnt buy a tailless peachy.
and i have left baby celebration without a tail... 
a showstable with lemondrop
2 soft g3s
plenty of g2s..
and some expensive rotten g3s ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal