collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pretty sure my mail is being stolen. Update: 6/25  (Read 2329 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty sure my mail is being stolen. Update: 6/25
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
Honestly I am surprised that they would not take it more seriously considering stealing mail is a Federal Offense.    :huh:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »
Honestly I am surprised that they would not take it more seriously considering stealing mail is a Federal Offense.    :huh:

I completely agree.  That is really shocking, tbh.  I really do hope all works out in the end and that you are able to get compensation of some sort, if not the items themselves.  :(

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 02:52:19 PM »
I am curious though with your ebay transactions,  did you change your address to your best friends on your personal account both with ebay and Paypal?  The reason I ask is because if your seller printed their labels out using either one and your old address showed up for some reason, your package may have gone there.  Just a thought?

This is what I am thinking too. If you didn't change your address with Both then they could be shipping to your old address. It's worth checking into.  Hope everything gets resolved and you get that beautiful Moondancer!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
Ponylovingmomma, if the items aren't going to your old address, and if the post office doesn't take you seriously, or if you feel like they're not giving this situation their proper attention, you should go over their heads and file a report with the Postal Inspectors. They're basically the private police force of the USPS (they do detective work, carry firearms, and make arrests). They take this stuff VERY seriously, with it being a federal crime and all if your mail is being stolen. Here's the complaints page: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

Don't feel like you need to hold back anything. The more evidence they have, the better. It's just like reporting something to the police--they need as much evidence as possible. Be very specific, with dates, names of relevant persons, times, items, any past problems.
Don't look for me!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »
Good advice.

I also want to add that maybe you can put some sort of camera there? I don't know where your mailbox is, but if it's near your window you can even use a normal computer camera.

If it's not near your window you can get an outdoor camera. May be too expensive though...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal