collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pretty sure my mail is being stolen. Update: 6/25  (Read 2328 times)

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Pretty sure my mail is being stolen. Update: 6/25
« on: June 19, 2012, 04:03:51 PM »
I recently bought this pony: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300719472176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2833wt_1397

Today I was wondering why I haven't received it yet. I decided to check the tracking number and lo and behold it was delivered on the 11th. I never got it. This is the fourth item that is currently missing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190687319188?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1416

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140756840904?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1416

These too are missing and with a seller who has 100% feedback and thousands of transactions made my only conclusion is someone is stealing my mail. A buyer also mailed me cash for a pony and her letter is also missing.

I'm just so upset right now. The book and Sky Dancer I'm not to upset about but I paid a lot of money for Moondancer. She is one of my favorite ponies and I really wanted a mint white one for my birthday which is next week. I live on disability and I was given a little money to buy some ponies for my birthday and now it's pretty much ruined. All this on top of so many other things is just heartbreaking. :(

Right now I really don't know what to do? I'm thinking about offering the buyer of the pony to resend just shipping and I'll give her the pony. As for the stuff I bought? I have no idea.... help please?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:25:35 AM by ponylovingmomma »

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty sure my mail is being stolen.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
That's awful...stealing mail is a federal crime, and from what I've read, the post office investigates it.  You may want to contact the po about it.  There's also a possibility that they have it or lost it, but with 4 items, that seems unlikely...

I suggest asking them what you can do to protect your mail as well.  Apartment complex mail boxes have locks, I wonder if you can add one to your box, if the mailman has a key?  If it was me, I'd be watching my box like a hawk...but then I'd also kick the butt of the person I catch taking my mail...lol...

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 05:01:50 PM »
My goodness, that's awful!!  How long ago were the packages sent?  Have you checked your eBay shipping address to ensure all the details are correct?  That is really scary.  Definitely get some sort of authority involved.  Let us know what happens.
 :hug:

~Lochness~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
All my mail is sent to my best friend's house and addressed C/O Best Friend and then my name. I'm going through a nasty divorce and don't really have a stable place to live so this was the best option for my mail. I'm definitely going to have the authorities brought in on this because I have a feeling it might be a neighbor. What hurts is they probably opened the package, saw it was a toy, and then tossed it in the trash :( I'm not very hopeful that I am getting those ponies back.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »
I sent you a pm :)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:19:58 PM »
God, how horrible. Best of luck tracking it down.

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
I would definitely check with the post office. There have been times when we have wondered where packages were and found out they were at the post office, for whatever reason. Good luck!

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
I had gone to the post office the 13th and they didn't have anything for me, I'll definitely be trying again though. I have to go down to the PO anyway to find out what I can do regarding stolen mail and getting a PO box.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
If there is delivery confirmation then someone should sign for the package right? You might be able to file a dispute and request a copy of the signature.

Only problem is it might be the sender who has to open the case, but check with your post office in the first instance.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 05:59:17 AM »
I'm so sorry for you!! *Hugs*

Something simulare was happen to me , too.
I decided to take a Post Box at my Post Office and it's the best decision I ever made. :)

Offline Cinnabar

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »
So sorry this is happening to you, what a nightmare. Please contact your post office asap!! Mail theft is a very serious crime and they should investigate it!

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 09:11:43 AM »
If there is delivery confirmation then someone should sign for the package right? You might be able to file a dispute and request a copy of the signature.

Only problem is it might be the sender who has to open the case, but check with your post office in the first instance.
delivery confirmation doesn't require a signature as far as I know, I've never signed for anything with delivery confirmation. The delivery person just has to scan the barcode once it's delivered

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

delivery confirmation doesn't require a signature as far as I know, I've never signed for anything with delivery confirmation. The delivery person just has to scan the barcode once it's delivered

This.  I've watched my mailwoman scan the barcode many times and then just hand it to me.  They don't even need to give it to someone, more than once it's been left in my box or between my screen/door (this last one bugs me, I live in a complex where all the doors are on one main hallway, motel style, and am always afraid one of my ghetto neighbors will steal it...)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
How terrible!!  I would most definitely file a report with your Post Office.

I am curious though with your ebay transactions,  did you change your address to your best friends on your personal account both with ebay and Paypal?  The reason I ask is because if your seller printed their labels out using either one and your old address showed up for some reason, your package may have gone there.  Just a thought?

But I do hope you can get to the bottom of this, that's quite a few packages/cash to go missing.  And something is most certainly not right. :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 10:25:16 AM »
I went to the post office and they told me they we're pretty much no help at all. Most of the packages that were lost did not have delivery confirmation, one of them did though. I was told they could try to figure out what happened to that package but I was pretty much S.O.L. on the others. I didn't have the tracking number on me at that moment so I have to go back this week. I'm not sure if I want to get the police involved. The lady at the PO seemed to think it wasn't going to help. Ugh! Seriously, that women was very unhelpful. When I return I'm going to go when the head of the PO is there and talk to him. I think he'll take the situation more seriously.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal