collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vinyl Scratch brushable pics  (Read 10859 times)

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl Scratch brushable pics
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 09:30:29 AM »
Is there any chance that this could just be the picture of a prototype?  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
Meh, I'm not impressed with her. I don't like that the glasses don't align with the eye indents and I also don't like that the glasses are just stamped on.

So the collector's set is Trixie, Flower Wishes, DJ P0N-3/Vinyl Scratch, Nightmare Moon, Lemon Hearts, Pinkie Pie & Rainbow Dash, correct? Out of all of them, I only want Trixie, Flower Wishes and Lemon Hearts so all the others will end up in my trade box. I just hope the set won't be super expensive.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:41 AM »
Yay more ponies.   I am happy they made her, but I would really rather they would have just put normal eyes on her. Bonus points would have been involved if they added removable glasses.

Also, glitter, ok I will take glitter. If you really hate it, I bet it is removable. I think it is pretty and ties together the set nicely. 

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
... they should've just given her normal eyes instead of those horrible glasses lol

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
Bleh, I really don't like her glasses. She isn't really how I'd pictured her at all.. I'm not keen on her mane either, it should be styled differently! Not cool, man.

Personally out of the collector's set, I'm only looking forward to Flower Wishes and Pinkie. And Zecora, if she's being included with it..

Edit: ew, you can see her eye indents!! I really don't like that! D:
Fight like a girl..

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 12:43:17 PM »
For collectors indeed.  You'd think Hasbro could have put a little more effort into these since they're trying  to cater their adult audience.  It seems so haphazard and slapped together.  Do they really think that this looks good?

This. It's clearly not a collector set, as it's not collector quality. This is hasbro being their normal cheap selves and making a quick buck on something they can sell to collectors.

Honestly i think they are still trying to appeal a bit to kids too. With the glitter and the two pink ponies and such. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Releasing such a big set with higher quality ponies only aimed at collectors would be quite expensive and a bit of a risk. I mean, there are 7 ponies in that one pack. (I'm not looking forward to getting that thing shipped...) I also feel these resemble the toy fair prototypes very well so i don't understand where some of the high expectations came from. We knew she would not have removable glasses and the chances of those indents being there were always high (Just like with Luna). It's a pack with characters that are popular amongst the older fans. Some characters that would otherwise not have gotten any kind of release. That's really all there is to it.

Besides, it's not that bad we can't see her eyes. That way people will not bicker about what shade of red they are. XP

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »
Add me to the "don't like the way they did the glitter" camp. Now don't get me wrong I love glitter like mad *throws glitter everywhere* but they couldn't have kept the glitter just on the note? I wonder if there is a way to remove just the glitter around the note while keeping the note glittery?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
I wonder if there is a way to remove just the glitter around the note while keeping the note glittery?

If you're very careful, a Q-tip dipped in acetone may do the trick.

Bee-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 02:15:54 PM »
Yikes. Well, I WAS excited to have her in my collection, but I think I'll pass on buying the Hasbro release and just invest in a custom with the correct eyes and glasses.

Still looking forward to the Zecora release, though!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »
I was very joyful about this one pony since unicorns is my thing. But deary me, hasbro can't you at least make more professional accessories? I mean look at the LPS line they had tons of stuff to dress up your pet, can't you make some extra equipment for our ponies to dress in luxury? :huh:
I wouldn't mind if they just made her regular eyes, but I don't know if I'll get her now. Since stamped on stuff isn't my thing really. If I do get her, she'll be customized. I'm a bit sceptical now, since most ponies feels a bit half done compared to the quality of the g1. It's not about quality but quantity nowadays it seems. :lookround:
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 04:31:51 PM »
Yay picture!

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »
I think she is cute, but I would have loved to see eyes and removable glasses :)

As for the glitter, I don't mind it too much.
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 06:05:15 PM »
I'm not that fussed with the glitter, because that probably could be removed with hot water and a little bit of scrubbing.

Not if it's like the G3 glitter.  I wanted to customize a G3 unicorn, including dying it a new color, so I had to get the glue and glittter off her horn.  (Almost all the G3 unicorns had glitter on their horns.)

Oh. My. GOD.  I had to practically BATHE her in pure acetone to get it off.  And even that isn't feasible for Vinyl, because the glitter is over her symbol.  So if it's goodbye glitter . . . it's also goodbye symbol.

It's not that I hate glitter.  It's that I hate this specific way of applying glitter.  It just "breaks up" the look of a pony.   It makes the pony look . . . I don't know . . . pieced up.  Like, you have this pony that is 95% plain-bodied and then it has this random splotch of glue and glitter globbed onto it. 

I would be doing cartwheels and handsprings if Hasbro had done a G1-style glitter symbol where the glitter actually "makes up" the entirety of the symbol.  I can't articulate why, but that makes much more aesthetic sense to me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:08:43 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
o.0 When I saw the prototype of DJ at the Toy Fair with the glasses painted half-hazardly over the eye indents of the original unicorn mold, I really thought that was just a prototype and they would have a better look when the actual toy was ready.... Too much to expect from Hasbro I guess?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Yikes. Well, I WAS excited to have her in my collection, but I think I'll pass on buying the Hasbro release and just invest in a custom with the correct eyes and glasses.

Still looking forward to the Zecora release, though!

She would still make a perfect base for a custom with the correct eyes and glasses. Easier than rehairing a Rarity anyways.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal