collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! SHIPPING DEADLINE OCTOBER 1ST!  (Read 25789 times)

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! PROGRESS PICS DUE FRIDAY, AUGUST 31st!
« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2012, 04:17:26 AM »
I rerooted the random mystery pony and even though she came out super cute I think I will send her to a new home, hoping that her calming adorable smile will bring sunshine to her new owner's days :)

Awww, that sounds so cute!  :heart:  Can't wait for her new owner to show her off!  :D

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #436 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:38 AM »
zomg waiting to ship is going to kill me XD

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 04, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
I am so excited for my partner to get her ponies but reading all these makes me excited to see what my partner came up with too!  :biggrin:

that means we still have one more month before we can mail them out. feels like a long time.

I erred on the side of longer timeframes since shipping has been iffy for our overseas participants. :) Never know how long something will take to get to them insofar as hair/baits/etc.

Rose

Also, does that mean people with international partners get to ship a couple weeks early if they are ready?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:37:17 AM by Salli »

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »
Dang, i'm no good at hairstyling!
only 1 of the 3 ended up looking good, need to re-style the other two... Why is making beautiful curls so hard? :( Mine end sloppy and kinda 'hanging'. Ugh!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 04, 2012, 03:09:23 PM »
Dang, i'm no good at hairstyling!
only 1 of the 3 ended up looking good, need to re-style the other two... Why is making beautiful curls so hard? :( Mine end sloppy and kinda 'hanging'. Ugh!

Aww stycling is really hard >.<
I'm not going to style mine ^^' Hopefully my partner wont mind!

Xaniss

« Reply #440 on: September 04, 2012, 03:13:50 PM »
Hey Hokus - I've made some curls for one of my pony and I used straws from McDonalds (I'm cheap lol) and made sure I wrapped the hair as tight as I could around the straw... so tight I ended up crushing some of the straws  :blush:  But I tied them to secure the ends with a length of funny-fabric stuff I received as some packaging... I wish I knew what it was as it works superb! I also secured the straw to the pony itself, so the straw wouldn't slip while I set curls/let them dry.

Then I just boiled permed/chilled the hair and set her aside for about two-three weeks to thoroughly dry - the curls turned out tight and are still holding good... had them loose for about er, two weeks now. Hope these tips work for you too and best of luck to you with your hair styling!  :)

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2012, 07:03:12 AM »
Thanks zova & Xaniss!

I used straws also to make those curls; there is a topic in the custom section with all tips for customizing and i just followed the 'straw curls' one. I don't know what happened here :\ Will try again, thanks for the advice!

zzova, if it doesn't turn out nice, i'll just use a flat iron to make it flat again and leave them unstyled too.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
Yeah but who doesn't like straight, shine pony hair?!! :D

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »
Ok, I am totally finished:).  I had a few extra baits lying around and thought I'd make each of my partners an extra.  These ponies aren't on their lists, but the hair colors sure are!  I have to say, these extras look GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I can't wait to ship them off to their new homes!  Each of my partners is going to get 3 ponies: 2 on their lists and 1 extra.  I'm planning on sneaking some extras like candy and stickers into the boxes. 

Questions:
If I send you some little extras, would you be ok with candy?  What kinds of candy and little goodies would you like?  Don't worry guys, I'm not going to go crazy on extras.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
I am super disappointed these marks on this pony don't seem to be fading at all and my pony has been out in the window for weeks. Mucho apologies to my trade buddy. I'll probably be adding extra goodies to (hopefully) make up for it. I tried! T.T

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
I want to apologize to my partners in advance, for the fact that I'm only giving out one pony each... :( I'll try to make up for it with goodies, though. I'd also like to know what kind of extras my partners would want. :P

And, as for me, candy is fine! I like pretty much anything as long as it isn't cinnamon flavored, or black licorice. :D

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 06, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
Oh, I did 3 because my baits are just sad:(.  A few have eye rubs, missing parts and marks/stains.  I feel bad because I cannot paint at all, and can't do anything to make them look better.  So sorry partners!! 

I am only expecting one pony, so no disappointment at all over here:).  I have no art talents, hair styling talents or any talents really.  I just hope my partners aren't upset with the imperfections on their ponies.

Candy?  Oh yes please!!!  I have a crazy sweet tooth for Skittles, dark chocolate, Starbursts, sour candy, Laffy Taffy and other sugary delights).  I don't care for Marshmallow, peanut butter, mint (I hate it), anise (black licquorish) and white chocolate.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 06, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »
Dislike dark chocolate,  white chocolate, anise flavors.  Love sour stuff and other basic candy.
Fear not, I bet eye/symbol rubs are easy to fix when ponies get home.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

Xaniss

« Reply #448 on: September 06, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
Thanks zova & Xaniss!

I used straws also to make those curls; there is a topic in the custom section with all tips for customizing and i just followed the 'straw curls' one. I don't know what happened here :\ Will try again, thanks for the advice!

zzova, if it doesn't turn out nice, i'll just use a flat iron to make it flat again and leave them unstyled too.

Soft curls are beautiful too Hokus!!  :)  Those soft, wavy curls really do suit some ponies as they look so elegant! Personally, I think you're being too hard on yourself - we are our own worst critics at times and you can only do the best you can - maybe the hair you've used is just stubborn to curl too..? But I hope you are happy with the end result and don't stress!  :hug:

And Michelle - you've hit on my weakness there! Candy!! I pretty much love all candy sorts (though in Australia, we don't get any of the sorts you guys in the States get  :( )  But candy I'm not keen on would include: chocolate with peanuts or lollies/jellies in it, marshmallows, rocky road, strong mints.. can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

I love: skittles, M&Ms, chocolate in general (except for the above), lollipops, Reece's peanut butter cups (yet I like these - I'm a constant contradiction  :P)  sherbet, sour stuff, fizzy stuff - like Fizz Whizz, bah! Besides the above dislikes, I pretty much adore anything - including licorice allsorts!! Ooooh! Just thought... I got some 'hard candy' in a pony package once - it was blue raspberry and a totally fascinating, yum-o lolly, if that helps anyone!

Alrighty, I'm off to do symbols - as it's something I can do, instead of totally sucking at FoC multi-player   :redface:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 07, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »
Guys I have a problem...I'm in love with a rehaired pony I made for one of my partners.  It's one of the extras I wasn't even planning on using.  She's gorgeous!  Not at all a pony I'd ever gravitate towards, but she's quickly stealing my heart:).  I even gave her a pretty tail ribbon and a cute little necklace. 

I'm going to have to wrap her today because I can't keep looking at her.  I think I'm actually going to be sad sending her off.  Is anyone else having this problem?? 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal