collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! SHIPPING DEADLINE OCTOBER 1ST!  (Read 25793 times)

reyl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Alternate Re-Hair Swap! PARTNERS ASSIGNED! START WORKING!
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »
I know I find this question not quite helpful: Which Hasbro ponies have your most favorite color combos?

I'd like to know a few of my partner's favourite colour combos... without having a specific hasbro reference since their combos are what I'm trying to get away from on this...

So what I'd like to know is more like this, using myself as an example... My favourite colour combinations are... red/orange/yellow, red/black, blue/black, Green/white, yellow/white, purple/blue. And my least favourite colours are fading pink and Hearthrob. Hope others will do something like this :)

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »
Color combos make no difference to me. I favor different shades of green together but if it doesn't go with the pony then I don't want it...lol. This is 100% up to my partner! I will love whatever you think looks the best :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »
I know I find this question not quite helpful: Which Hasbro ponies have your most favorite color combos?

I'd like to know a few of my partner's favourite colour combos... without having a specific hasbro reference since their combos are what I'm trying to get away from on this...

So what I'd like to know is more like this, using myself as an example... My favourite colour combinations are... red/orange/yellow, red/black, blue/black, Green/white, yellow/white, purple/blue. And my least favourite colours are fading pink and Hearthrob. Hope others will do something like this :)
I asked the question only because I wanted to get an idea about what color combinations are most attractive to people:)  Some collectors love really bright and loud hair colors, like Shady's hair for example, vs a more muted color palate with softer pastel colors.  If my partner prefers the latter, I'm not going to buy Electric Banana or Black Magic.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »
Allllrighty, I have baits on the way! Right now I'm planning to do 2 ponies :)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2012, 05:32:01 PM »
My partner doesn't have to use the colors I listed. I love bright colors, neon, pastels, and I like deep, rich colors, too. I'm not fond of muted or dull colors. My favorites are pink, blue and yellow.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
Oh no PandaBerry!  Ok, then lets post our top 5 favorite colors we have used and 5 that we have always wanted to use. I'm going to use Dollyhair color reference for my 5:)

In no particular order, the color's I've used that are my favorite:
1) Ultraviolet
2) Moonlight
3) Mermaid
4) Golden Goddess
5) Envy

Colors I would love to try:
1) Fairy's Breath
2) Lemon Drop
3) Raspberry Nymph
4) Raspberry Rose
5) Water Hyacinth

So tell us yours:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »
What Panda said.  Except for the last bit.  More blue/teal/red type of gal.  And hate tinsel!  However, I am finding that bits of Sunlight/Starlight add the shimmer without the crinkle.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »
great Idea, Michelle!

In no particular order, the color's I've used that are my favorite:
1) Blizzard
2) Sugarberry
3) Mulberry Crush
4) daiquiri ice
5) buttercream
6) kitten
7) hot lips!
8) bobby blue
9) cherry pie

Colors I would love to try:
1) sour apple martini - ALWAYS SOLD OUT D:
I've tried just about everything else XD

reyl

« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »
I adore Cherry Pie :) I've recently acquired some Starlight and it's SO SHINY <3 My favourite look is several shades of the same colour, or pretty much any colour combined with black or white. I don't have any ponies with more natural tones, so that might be cool (like browns and blonds). Hematite is *gorgeous* and I haven't seen it in person yet. I'd like to have a pony with Lemonade hair, but it seems to be sold out all the time.

Really what I'd like most is for my partner to be creative and be excited about what they are making. And hopefully to make it stand out and be different from the usual Hasbro pony hair colours.

Post Merge: July 11, 2012, 06:28:49 PM

I asked the question only because I wanted to get an idea about what color combinations are most attractive to people:)  Some collectors love really bright and loud hair colors, like Shady's hair for example, vs a more muted color palate with softer pastel colors.  If my partner prefers the latter, I'm not going to buy Electric Banana or Black Magic.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like the question wasn't useful at all, because it is. It just wasn't specific enough for what *I* wanted to know at the time. :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:28:49 PM by reyl »

Xaniss

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
Color combos make no difference to me. I favor different shades of green together but if it doesn't go with the pony then I don't want it...lol. This is 100% up to my partner! I will love whatever you think looks the best :)

I really second this - on reflection of what I put for 'fav colours' I was really vague for my partners (shades of blue/purple and green  :huh:),  as I really love many colour combos on ponies - for example I love Glow (the winger) she is a darker blue with fading pink hair - gorgeous! But in essence I don't like pink - never wear it, won't buy anything pink-coloured but I like pink on ponies!! I also adore Sunburst/Fireball (the Mountain boys), Candy Apple, Masquerade (typically I usually don't like the green/yellow combo - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi!  :|  - but the colours suit her), Chief, Bubbles, Windy, Trickles - heck even Applejack!

I've seen custom ponies that were bright (neon) purple with electric banana hair - and the pony looked awesome! I'm really easy and happy with monochromo ponies (especially blue/purple - even yellow or green), pastel ponies, bright ponies, rainbow haired ponies, single colour, streaks (large or small) - anything. I hope that helps clear up some confusion with whoever poor soul gets me!  ;)

On another train of thought, I do want to throw this out to every-pony: Do you like hair fragrance?

I made a dollyhair order... around the 23rd of June (still waiting to be received  :cry:  <-- Getting impatient!) that does include two hair smells and I was toying with the idea of making some sweet-smelling hair (if it fits with my chosen pony's personality/theme that is  ;))  so does anyone have any objections to hair fragrance?  :)

Oh and in relation to the colours used vs colours I'd love to use.. I'm a total newbie with hair but will say:

In no particular order, the colour's I've used that are my favorite:
1) Mermaid
2) Amethyst
3) Sour Grapes
4) Heart Throb
5) White Witch

Colours I would love to try:
1)  Fairy's Breath
2)  Lemonade (sold out  :cry:)
3)  Wisteria! (again sold out!)
4)  Daiquari Ice
5)  Venom
6)  Evil Enchantress
7)  Sugar Plum
8)  Razzle Dazzle (who else thinks of Madame Razz when this name pops up??  :P)
9)  Blueberry Muffin
10) Starlight

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2012, 07:21:27 PM »
Colors I love working with
Firebird
Pussycat
Death by Bourganavilla (sp?)
Black Magick
After Midnight
Sunlight
Moonlight
Starlight
Envy

Colors I want to try
Brilliant Firebird (sold out!)
Satsuma
Poison Ivy
Hyacinth
Deep Sea
Any kind of thermal or glow in the dark hair
Old Bubblegum
Midnight Magic
Tigermelon
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »
I am afraid I got a really exciting idea and, having a lot of time on my hands today, have nearly finished mine.  Now my fingers are stained with dye!  **dodges fakies**

I like both curly and straight hair, and I like it factory length to a little longer.

My favorite color combinations are green/pink, yellow/gold, purple/green, green/gold, and near-rainbow combinations of four colors, although my tastes aren't limited to those combos--I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever inspiration my partner dreams up :) .

I love the colors Passionfruit, Daquiri Ice, Dusty Rose, Mulberry Crush, Blueberry Muffin, Envy, and Forget-Me-Not.

I've wanted to try some glow-in-the-dark, the blue thermal hair RetroDolls has, Key Lime, Deadly Nightshade....  I could go on for quite a while.  I wonder if Dollyhair will get in that new shipment before this swap is over.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »
Hehe, I haven't worked with many colors either so I'm just gonna say I like working with them all  :P

I like hair fragnances, so feel free to use them if you're my partner :)

Edit: I'm now halfway done :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:03:14 AM by Uninu »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
I know it's not super helpful, but I do love them all.  xD  I haven't ordered from them yet and only used hair that was dyed by others or that I traded for, but it was from them, so I guess that counts.  I'm really not picky, LOL! 

Now, I have a question:  To my dearest partner:  If I can't find all the ponies on your list, are you ok with getting different ponies, such as collector poses, shy poses, etc?

Xaniss

« Reply #194 on: July 12, 2012, 03:17:53 PM »
Well, since we don't know WHO our partner(s) are... I'll say I'm not concerned if I receive a pony that ISN'T on my list - I thought I kept to a pretty common list with ponies that were easier to find... but I guess everyone has that same train of thought  :lol:

I (personally) would prefer shy pose over collector pose if that helps my partners out!  :)

On another note - I've ordered up supplies and now I need to play the waiting-to-arrive game  >_<

~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit: I'm now halfway done :D

I am afraid I got a really exciting idea and, having a lot of time on my hands today, have nearly finished mine.  Now my fingers are stained with dye!  **dodges fakies**

Please stop torturing me!!!  :yikes:  I don't even have my PONIES yet to work with!! Let alone the hair I need!!  Oh, the humanity, ohhhh the suffering!!  :cry:

Okay, I've had my drama spat for the morning  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal