collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Let's talk hair colors for WIP Pirate Pony! Also: PIRATE HAT!  (Read 1125 times)

Xaniss

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Let's talk hair colors for WIP Pirate Pony! Also: PIRATE HAT!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2012, 05:18:38 AM »
Here is a pic of pussycat - it was taken at night, so it kinda sucks:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bougainvillea sounds awesome too! ... And the rums all gone and I can totally see green in that hairdo too.... strange..  :blink:

I forgot to add in my first post, that I would second (or are we up to third.. or more??) a pattern for that glorious hat!  :biggrin:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Wowsa, that is one hot pirate!  Those colors are amazing and omg the hat!  It makes me squee with the happy!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 11:08:59 AM »
What about Bubblegum? With purple and black stripe don the middle? I love that hat. I am making a black leather tricorn hat for Barnacle and I love the way you bound the edges. We should have a club for pirate ponies. They are so cool.

Offline Naamah

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 12:50:42 PM »
@Xaniss: THANK YOU!  That's a really helpful picture, though, because it's next to a pony I have!

@Salli: I am SO ON the club for pirate ponies!  I am already planning to do several more, because really, it's just too much fun, and there are so many possibilities!

I am glad you like the edging on the hat! I was really not sure I should  have done it, since my sewing skills are really embarrassingly bad, but I think it looks good, if not as good as I'd hoped.  I am glad it's working for other people!

@everyone: Thank you for all your kind words!  It's really been a mood-booster!  Y'all are so great.

I have some shiny new pinks on the way from dollyhair.com based on your suggestions, and a pretty good idea of where I want to go with it now, so y'all have been super helpful. And it is clear to me that even if she doesn't get green hair, I need to do a pirate pony WITH GREEN HAIR.  Because awesome.  <3

Also, I will really try to get that hat pattern done. I'd love to see what y'all do with it, and I'd really love it if someone tried it and came up with a better version, 'cause I'm not the best at that sort of thing.  (Which should tell you right there it's not that hard!)
"I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth . . . that I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
If you get that pattern up before I start painting details on my pirate boy, I just might smash his apoxie hat off and sew him one!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal