collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Pony  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: First Pony
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »
We never forget, do we?  ^.^

Mine is responsable for getting me into collecting, actually.  This was back when there were only the original 6 G1s to be had, and I desperately wanted Minty (green's my favourite colour).  I remember dragging my (long-suffering and very, very patient) gran through the mall, looking for one.  We found ponies everywhere, but not a Minty to be had.  So when faced with "leave mall with some pony, any pony" or "leave mall with no pony at all," I chose Blue Belle.  And immediately began thinking how to get my hooves on Minty.  And was bit - bad - by the pony collecting bug.  :blush:  All these (way too many) years later, and I still have Blue Belle, and even though she started out as "some pony, any pony," she has a place of honour in my collection.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline BlueChaos

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
Mine was Moondancer, whom I still have. Sadly, the poor girl has no tail and is in horrid condition. She was well loved and well played. I really should see about making her a new tail and give her a better clean up.

Offline Matcha

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • pony deviantart!!
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
Mine was SLH Dream Blue, but I immediately gave her to my little sister because i didn't like how frizzy and tinsel-y her hair was d: My mom got my Fizzy Pop afterwards, then Seaside Celebrations Sew-n-So. I sure do wish I had G1 ponies during my childhood though!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
I think mine was Cotton candy. I don't have her anymore which is sad. Though now I do have her and her flat foot version. I still dont remember if I got cotton candy the toy first or the plushie. :/ I still don't have the plushie yet though im not in a hurry to get her.

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 08:51:20 AM »
If it's blindbags, I don't remember since i bought a dozen of those. Technically they were my first experience with ponies.
If you mean regular sized ponies, then it'd be a tie between Rarity and Applejack, since I bought them at the same time.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »
My first pony was kind of three. I got the G4 Pinkie and Sweetie Belle playset, and the Fluttershy Nursery Tree set in August. They're still in good condition. Though, their hair (especially Fluttershy's) is dry.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Powder and Starshine were in my first Easter basket when I was two.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 09:33:12 AM »
I'm an oldschool collector; my first was Peachy with the Parlor, for Christmas when I was 6, followed by CF Blossom.  I was very gentle with all of my toys, and I still have all my childhood ponies in NM condition with accessories.  Peachy was actually the only one to get a pen mark (a very small black one on her butt); don't remember how that happened though.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »
Blind bag Rainbow Dash, from an inspirational nurse <3 :lovey:
Fight like a girl..

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
I'm an oldschool collector; my first was Peachy with the Parlor, for Christmas when I was 6, followed by CF Blossom.  I was very gentle with all of my toys, and I still have all my childhood ponies in NM condition with accessories.  Peachy was actually the only one to get a pen mark (a very small black one on her butt); don't remember how that happened though.

There is nothing wrong with old school. I might be a little biased considering I'm a child of the 80's/90's. At least you had the set. My Peachy and Blossom came from a cousin, so I remember getting the carrying stable case with them in it. I might have gotten the Parlor, but I think it was already torn up and destroyed. Sadly MLP came out when I was still really young (lot of them before I was born actually) so I think they were heavily abused. When I got older and collected Breyer's among other horses I usually took very good care of them, but I also had a little sister. I remember lots of flying toy horses and some even puncturing my water bed. Oh memories.

I wanted to respond to lots of people, but oh my three pages is a lot. All I can say is it's nice to hear all your childhood stories guys and love seeing those ponies! :frolic:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 11:52:04 AM »
Cotton Candy! I dont have her any more unfortunately...she went to live with another little girl a couple of decades ago...but I adored her and I am sure she had a happy second childhood with her new "my little pony mommy" after me.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »
I know I had a handful of G1s growing up but for the life of me I don't remember which one I got first.
The first pony I got when I started re-collecting was Windy though  :)

Offline MsTwilight

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
Mine was FF Blossom. I still have her but she is a little worse for wear after my sister got ahold of her. She now has a chipped ear and cut hair.  >_<

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
I know I had a handful of G1s growing up but for the life of me I don't remember which one I got first.
The first pony I got when I started re-collecting was Windy though  :)

Same here!  I have a feeling it was either Peachy or Windy, but I just can't say for sure.  All I know is, I have always been a big fan of My Little Ponies.  :biggrin:

PersnicketyPony.... you're too cute!!!

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »
Mine was G1 Whizzer.  I remember trying to decide between either her or Princess Tiffany. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal