collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)  (Read 10005 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:58 PM »
Interesting they seem more open about bringing in more ponies from older generations.  Perhaps with the brand firmly on its hooves, they believe they can put money into trademarking.

Did they say "we might bring in 80s ponies", or did they say "we might bring in ponies from older generations"?

Unfortunately if it was the latter, they probably meant G3.  (And indeed they have been plundering the G3 line for brushables and blind bags quite a bit already.)  They seem mystifyingly ignorant of G1.  I mean, they do remember it existed, right?  Right, Hasbro?  *waves a hand in front of their eyes*

I completely agree that we need a petition or campaign to remake G1 ponies as G4s, or at least to remind Hasbro that they exist.  Heck, don't even use the exact same names if that's the problem!  Call her "Whistling Wind" or something!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »
The speaker specifically mentioned they had G1 ponies they could make toys of.  However, they don't have plans at this time.  If enough people ask for the old favorites like Wind Whistler, Shady, Fizzy, Gusty, etc., they might just listen.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2012, 08:28:07 PM »
I think almost anything would've been better than "We package it so the cutie mark faces the customer".

Next year someone should ask if they are planning on removing the non-display-side eye as well.

>_<  :lmao:

Mind you, there's always the danger they'd go, "OMG, great idea!!"

You guys are cracking me up!!

The speaker specifically mentioned they had G1 ponies they could make toys of.  However, they don't have plans at this time.  If enough people ask for the old favorites like Wind Whistler, Shady, Fizzy, Gusty, etc., they might just listen.

I wonder if we all made a petition. :) Not sure if that would work with a company though, lol. I think Whistling Wind would be a nice name, especially if they couldn't just use Wind Whistler.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:30:00 PM by StarDragon »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:18:49 PM by StarlightGaze »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 12:02:37 AM »
Actually, I'm not half-sad about the "not in 2012" answers because the "not in 2011" answers from last year all ended up being released in 2012, so i do have hopes for more boy ponies in 2013 ;)

But yes, some of the answers show how uninformed they are, especially with the wave 2/3 blind bag question and the blind bag -> brushable ponies. I mean really? They should have maybe read the questions a bit better before the Q&A.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
I kinda wonder if they were expecting questions about the past of MLP. However with the questions at every Fair being about the new stuff you would think they would clarify it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one whose (pony)feathers got ruffled! Honestly, Hasbro, WHY did you think up the idea of this Q&A event if you CAN'T SAY ANYTHING about the future of your toy line!? That makes no sense. You think a bunch of people are going to get together in a room and be satisfied with one rep saying a bunch of 'maybes' and 'not nows'?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »
Did they say "we might bring in 80s ponies", or did they say "we might bring in ponies from older generations"?

Unfortunately if it was the latter, they probably meant G3.  (And indeed they have been plundering the G3 line for brushables and blind bags quite a bit already.)
I just wonder if that means any of the G3 pegasus characters will make a comeback.

I completely agree that we need a petition or campaign to remake G1 ponies as G4s, or at least to remind Hasbro that they exist.  Heck, don't even use the exact same names if that's the problem!  Call her "Whistling Wind" or something!
Hah, maybe we'll get a composite character, "Thistle Whistler"!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiIYb7g43g&feature=plcp

I found a video of the Q&A on EQD.

Thanks for posting the link!

After watching the video, I can't help but think that the product managers and developers in Hasbro are somewhat out-of-touch with the consumers.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »

After watching the video, I can't help but think that the product managers and developers in Hasbro are somewhat out-of-touch with the consumers.

^^^   :cold:

:sad:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:59:40 PM by gabumon »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiIYb7g43g&feature=plcp

I found a video of the Q&A on EQD.

Most of the consumers are little kids though. Not some adult fans who want G1 ponies or random background ponies.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »
The question I'm dying to ask Hasbro (although I would never get a straight answer) is:

WHY BOTHER?  Just tell us, "It's all industry secrets!"  and don't have a Q&A session! Don't get us all excited that we might get to ponder about the possibilities and then cut us off with, "But it's all industry secrets, didn't you know?" 

LBS...this is the exact answer! They cant tell us - we know that, we understand that - so dont build it all up with a Q&A session which you cant answer anything on...it would be much nicer if they could do a little speech on what is coming [toys and merch] - even if we know most of it, at least its straight up information.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
Most of the consumers are little kids though. Not some adult fans who want G1 ponies or random background ponies.

True.

However, usually standing behind the kids are the adults paying. (Says, the mommy who glances at pony budget that's at zero.)

My pre-schooler daughter loves any pony! She just wants more of them. :D

The question I'm dying to ask Hasbro (although I would never get a straight answer) is:

WHY BOTHER?  Just tell us, "It's all industry secrets!"  and don't have a Q&A session! Don't get us all excited that we might get to ponder about the possibilities and then cut us off with, "But it's all industry secrets, didn't you know?" 

LBS...this is the exact answer! They cant tell us - we know that, we understand that - so dont build it all up with a Q&A session which you cant answer anything on...it would be much nicer if they could do a little speech on what is coming [toys and merch] - even if we know most of it, at least its straight up information.

Yes! I really don't like the dancing around the answers. They're pony toys not state secrets.

I also felt like I was watching a replay of last year's Q&A with "Crystal Empire" inserted for "Canterlot" in the answers.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 04:04:12 PM »
I wonder if we all made a petition. :) Not sure if that would work with a company though, lol. I think Whistling Wind would be a nice name, especially if they couldn't just use Wind Whistler.

Ya know, it sounds silly, but a mail-in campaign might (and I should say might) just work.  I've read that mail-ins are sometimes responsable for bringing television programmes back to life after cancellation, and I know from personal experience that if you write to a company about service or product issues, they tend to take far more notice than if you call or e-mail.  I've written to a number of companies, for complaints, questions, and even praise, and I usually get a response of some sort.

Can you imagine if all us pony people were to take a few minutes and write a short letter, all with four or five of the same points that keep reappearing (more poses, more boy brushables, more re-issues of G1 ponies in G4 form, cutie marks on both flanks please, etc.)... I don't quite know how many active members the Arena has, but if we could get a couple hundred easy... the deluge would be, um, interesting to see...  hmmm.... :whistle:

Just sayin'...:whistle:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »
BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS BOYS

?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal