collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)  (Read 10004 times)

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
Re: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
I am not pleased at all with this "question and answer". Mostly evasive answers, and the most of the few answers that were given weren't exactly something to be very excited about. No male ponies for the rest of the year. No new poses (stop being lazy gosh darn it!). And no sea ponies D| I hope they do sea ponies eventually :<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Folly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2012, 11:25:25 AM »
I know :< I KNOW there's a lot they're legally not allowed to talk about, but it's really a bummer that the answers aren't even remotely... answery.

Although, did they actually give a straight up "no" to some questions?  Because that could indicate that the ones about future releases that they're dancing around are actually "yes"es.  And the answer to the cutie mark question was probably so stupid because "'cause it's cheaper" wouldn't have looked good xD

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »
I know :< I KNOW there's a lot they're legally not allowed to talk about, but it's really a bummer that the answers aren't even remotely... answery.

Although, did they actually give a straight up "no" to some questions?  Because that could indicate that the ones about future releases that they're dancing around are actually "yes"es.  And the answer to the cutie mark question was probably so stupid because "'cause it's cheaper" wouldn't have looked good xD
I think almost anything would've been better than "We package it so the cutie mark faces the customer".

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »
Unfortunately Hasbro Q&As for the most part at Fairs have pretty much always had a lack of substance in answer...understandable in many ways but also incredibly frustrating!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »
It's frustrating that they don't really answer anything clearly and don't tell us about any of the new stuff, just about stuff that's already out. It's July now, we all already have a pretty good idea what will be in stores by the end of the year from what was at NY Toy Fair and all the stuff that's on pre-order from online shops. We wanna know about all that stuff that keeps popping up on taobao and ebay!
I guess I can understand if they can't say yet but what makes me want to headdesk is:

'No I looked this up and we're not skipping wave 2 blind bags. This is wave 2 in front of me and it's in our warehouses right now *points to wave 3 box*'
They really don't understand do they  :yikes:
(obviously they don't understand or they would have brought way more Fair ponies to sell...)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:10:26 PM by 3377345 »

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
I guess I can understand if they can't say yet but what makes me wan to headdesk is:

'No I looked this up and we're not skipping wave 2 blind bags. This is wave 2 in front of me and it's in our warehouses right now *points to wave 3 box*'

I KNOW!!! I can finally feel my husband's frustration when he calls tech support and knows more about the problem and product than they do.  I am so glad I broke down and ordered TeaLove from China when I found a good deal.  Wave 3 doesn't interest me nearly as much as ANY of the other waves so I'm not looking forward to another 5-6 months of those on the shelves :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
I think almost anything would've been better than "We package it so the cutie mark faces the customer".

Next year someone should ask if they are planning on removing the non-display-side eye as well.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »
I shouldnt be surprised, but I got myself all excited about what wonderful insights they would give us... but , like last years, it's a big let down...

I'm boycotting the mock Q & A stuf next year, to save myself the stress.

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
Next year someone should ask if they are planning on removing the non-display-side eye as well.

Lol, I love it! Though I doubt even that would get the point across...

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2012, 05:36:45 PM »
The question I'm dying to ask Hasbro (although I would never get a straight answer) is:

WHY BOTHER?  Just tell us, "It's all industry secrets!"  and don't have a Q&A session! Don't get us all excited that we might get to ponder about the possibilities and then cut us off with, "But it's all industry secrets, didn't you know?" 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »

>_<  :lmao:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Bronley

« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 06:08:25 PM »
It's frustrating that they don't really answer anything clearly and don't tell us about any of the new stuff, just about stuff that's already out. It's July now, we all already have a pretty good idea what will be in stores by the end of the year from what was at NY Toy Fair and all the stuff that's on pre-order from online shops. We wanna know about all that stuff that keeps popping up on taobao and ebay!
I guess I can understand if they can't say yet but what makes me want to headdesk is:

(obviously they don't understand or they would have brought way more Fair ponies to sell...)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 07:36:57 PM by Bronley »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »

>_<  :lmao:

Mind you, there's always the danger they'd go, "OMG, great idea!!"
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
The question I'm dying to ask Hasbro (although I would never get a straight answer) is:

WHY BOTHER?  Just tell us, "It's all industry secrets!"  and don't have a Q&A session! Don't get us all excited that we might get to ponder about the possibilities and then cut us off with, "But it's all industry secrets, didn't you know?" 

Right.  Instead they should drop the "Q & A" just get their marketing team to make up several little tidbits of what they "can" tell us, if anything and just present that.

ETA:  Otherwise Taobao is going to continue to be our source of "inside" information!  Hasbro?  Do you want that?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 06:48:12 PM by gabumon »

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »
Interesting they seem more open about bringing in more ponies from older generations.  Perhaps with the brand firmly on its hooves, they believe they can put money into trademarking.

All I have to say is we need a campaign to get Hasbro to make G4 versions of our favorite ponies.  Come on, Hasbro, please make Wind Whistler.  I'd buy her in a heartbeat.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal