collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)  (Read 9672 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Re: Got a Question for Hasbro? Ask it here! (x-posted from Fair board)
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 01:31:13 AM »
My question to Hasbro: Why is it that Singapore is receiving stuff that isn't showing up in Malaysia or the rest of the world yet?

Hey, I want to ask that question when Malaysia gets things we don't have in Singapore! It's WARRRR neighbour!!!!! lol Malaysia always gets more varieties than us, and we're like your rubbish bin, whatever you can't sell ends up in our stores as well (not that I'll complain), it's easy to tell - there's a Hasbro Malaysia sticker on the ponies, and I know because I go into Johor Bahru to shop for ponies all the time. Sometimes the same ponies just sit on the rack for months in JB and suddenly they appear in Singapore with the Malaysian sticker on the back. :D I guess that means we have better sales volume since we can clear our ponies and ones passed over from Malaysia as well. lol Plus, our ponies are more expensive, so you can say Hasbro can see where the money is. You are always welcome to visit Singapore, the SG Pony Posse will take you out pony shopping!

This.  I'd even settle for G4 incarnations of G1 characters.  I'm rooting for the ponies from Rescue at Midnight Castle or the TAF ponies.

HUGE HUGE HUGE support for this!!!!!! Love LadyMoondancer's suggestion to paint symbols on BOTH sides.

- Will there be some sort of recognition for 30 year anniversary?

Considering  how they killed the Collector's Ponies and Rainbow Ponies in 2008 with the 25th Anniversary collection, I'm kind of afraid of what I'll see if Hasbro does say yes for the 30th Anniversary. Everything was just badly and cheaply done. I don't know, I just don't trust Hasbro anymore.

Quote from: goldenclopper on June 14, 2012, 09:32:03 PM

Oh oh oh new question, this is cartoon related!

In FiM, are unicorns the only practisioners of magic or can the other breeds pick up magic as well?

Where do pega-unis like Celestia come from? What's their history? Do they share the same ancestry with Mimic and wear the four golden horseshoes?

Hasbro employees do not work on the show, so they can't accurately answer show-related questions.   Regular fans know more about Friendship is Magic than Hasbro reps.   Last year, a fair attendee asked a Hasbro rep why Pinkie Pie was packaged with a mouse instead of Gummy the alligator.  The rep. responded that she had no idea that Pinkie Pie had a pet alligator.

I won't be disappointed or surprised. This is not the first time Hasbro acted that way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 01:43:31 AM »
G1s! I want to know MORE about them. I've been collecting since 1987. And I want to know more about them! Any info. But I also want to know how they can license pictures of G1 ponies or artwork, re-use some names and even release g1 sets (Retro sets) but still have lost the copy rights...

More G4 boys in brushables?

Blind bags into brushables?

Sea ponies?

I also second the Taboa question!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 02:39:03 AM »
What I'm curious about the most...

Quality control related:
-Is Hasbro aware of head/body mismatch that especially plagues purpley-pink ponies? Littlest Pet Shop uses similar plastic to G4 MLPs (matte hollow head, shiny solid body), but they don't have this problem - why?

-The DVDs they include with the singles obscure the body of the pony so it's much harder to notice common flaws like dirt smudges and scratched paint. While you shouldn't have to worry about flaws in the first place, the DVD placement makes it worse. Not to mention that having a DVD in front of a pony would make it less noticeable. Have they considered putting the DVDs behind the pony?

Pony release related:
-Minty! Is she ever going to be officially released, and was her absence related to the lack of any Christmas-themed ponies in G4?

-Do they plan on making a wider variety of plush?

That's all I can think of for now :3

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 06:03:11 AM »
1. Will hasbro reduce the amount of plastic in pony packaging? I feel like with every pony I buy I end up throwing away the same amount of plastic from packaging waste.

2. Will there be exclusives targeted towards collectors and not bronies?! For example many would love more gen1-gen4 ponies (or even ponies in gen1 mold!) or even art ponies like in gen3.

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 06:21:19 AM »
Hey, I want to ask that question when Malaysia gets things we don't have in Singapore! It's WARRRR neighbour!!!!! lol Malaysia always gets more varieties than us, and we're like your rubbish bin, whatever you can't sell ends up in our stores as well (not that I'll complain), it's easy to tell - there's a Hasbro Malaysia sticker on the ponies, and I know because I go into Johor Bahru to shop for ponies all the time. Sometimes the same ponies just sit on the rack for months in JB and suddenly they appear in Singapore with the Malaysian sticker on the back. :D I guess that means we have better sales volume since we can clear our ponies and ones passed over from Malaysia as well. lol Plus, our ponies are more expensive, so you can say Hasbro can see where the money is. You are always welcome to visit Singapore, the SG Pony Posse will take you out pony shopping!
Well, you guys did get some stuff ahead of us :P As I said, we never received FS Applejack and they're only going to release the Talking Cadence and Wedding Castle in Malaysia sometimes next week >.< . And Lyra, Trixie, Cherry and Sunny are still scheduled for August for us >.<

And they say that the FS Celestia and Luna are already out, but I'm not seeing them anywhere. Just came back from scouring TRU IPC and Metrojaya The Curve >.<

(I got my aunt to talk to a Hasbro Malaysia rep. That's what they told her. Tho they also told her that they're gonna get FS AJ on the next wave after FS Celestia and Luna).

I guess Hasbro Malaysia/Singapore is like that :/ Have the stuff split 50-50.

As for heading down to Singapore, it's a no-go. I suddenly made an impromptu decision to drive down to Singapore last December to catch a Care Bears Live show at Suntec City on the same day. My mom shot the idea down and warned me that she'll ban me from taking her car ever again if I do try to drive to Singapore. Accommodation wasn't a problem, I have relatives there. The problem is, it's a 350KM drive, and she said Singaporean traffic can be very difficult to drive in compared to Malaysian traffic.

In any case, I apologize if I offended Singaporeans. I take it back and would accept whatever punishment the mods of this board feel is right for me. The comment was made at a time when I was feeling a bit frustrated.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:52:50 AM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2012, 07:18:42 AM »
There are some really obvious items in the TV show that have never been made as toys, ala Princess Celestia's carriage. Surely this is a perfect girly item that could compete with say a Disney Cinderella princess carriage. Why are toys like this not created and then we get something like an Apple Jack farm truck instead, which is neither in the show, or a particularly girly Toy Item?

The characters in the show have extremely clear differentiated personalities. Ie. Rarity is a fashion designer, with a cat Opal, and she likes going to the Spa. Why are there no MLP toys that put Rarity in a play set that reflects what she is all about? Ie. Rarities carousel boutique doesn't really count in my eyes... It is a fairground attraction that has nothing to do with Rarity, sticking the word Boutique in the product title doesn't make it a fashion shop.

Will they please make some unicorns with round eyes, like most of the unicorns have in the show... It is pretty much only Rarity and Twilight Sparkle who have Diva shaped eyes in the show, but all the toy unicorns have them! (ps round eyes are cuter Hasbro! :) )

Blitzn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 08:15:15 AM »
Are they no longer making Art Ponies? 
Are they no longer making G3 ponies?

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:30 AM »
(Sorry is this has already been asked)

Are there any plans to branch out from the current molds/conventions and do things like Twinkle eyes, moving parts, extra long hair, pearly bodies, different poses, etc?

Gonzo

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:01 AM »
Why are there no MLP toys that put Rarity in a play set that reflects what she is all about? Ie. Rarities carousel boutique doesn't really count in my eyes... It is a fairground attraction that has nothing to do with Rarity, sticking the word Boutique in the product title doesn't make it a fashion shop.

I think it has to do with Rarity's original occupation (Lauren Faust said that Rarity was planned to be a merry-go-round/shop owner)? Still doesn't quite explain the current lack of a spa or clothing shop set, but...

Offline PhyllieBean

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • an apparent glutton for dramaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »
Will there be exclusives targeted towards collectors and not bronies?! For example many would love more gen1-gen4 ponies (or even ponies in gen1 mold!) or even art ponies like in gen3.

This!  I'm glad that the relationship between Hasbro and the collectors is still growing.  We worked really hard a few years back to get more attention put toward the collecting community and Hasbro has definitely stepped up.  I understand that FIM is basically the whole line right now, but what about the relations that had been formed before FIM for collectors of previous generations?  Is anything collector related only going to be focused on FIM fans now?  They did an awesome job with the G1 sets when we were in the midst of G3.  Do they have any plans for the multi gen collectors anymore? 

Persona designed by Winged Fantasy with updated symbol by Pop-Girl (check my fancy av!)  Thanks ladies!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Just seconding a few questions:

* Please, may we have some brushable male/colt ponies?  Even if they don't have flowing manes & tails, they would be wonderful adds to the line (and hey, every Barbie needs her Ken, riiiight?)

* And speaking of brushables, may we please have them with bangs?  They just don't look quite right without.

* Can you bring back Pony Points?  I remember the thrill of sending away fro Baby Ember when I was younger... it was magic!

* Could you please bring out more FiM show-based ponies?  I'm really hoping for Flim & Flam, but any would be wonderfull: the Cake family, Wonderbolts, Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon, Snips & Snails, Rarity's parents, all the snooty Canterlot Ponies like Fancy Pants, Jet Set and Upper Crust... the list goes on, and the fodder for toys is enormous, guys!

* And yes, I'll ask too: please, could you reissue the original G1 six collector ponies as G4s?  I don't understand how Hasbro-now can have copyright issues with Hasbro-then (not speaking legalese or anything), so I'll just keep my fingrs crossed.  ^.^

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2012, 04:41:14 PM »
(Sorry is this has already been asked)

Are there any plans to branch out from the current molds/conventions and do things like Twinkle eyes, moving parts, extra long hair, pearly bodies, different poses, etc?

I know I already posted, but I am so curious as well! ^.^

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »
Bumping this up. I'll be sending the questions to Hasbro tomorrow morning so you still have some time to post. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:52:24 PM by SweetTune »

DJ-PON3

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
Will we ever be getting a Ditzy Doo available in stores other than cc Ditzy Doo? I, for one, would love to have a Playful Pony Ditzy Doo / :muffin: Pony.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
I'm curious to know what their official stance is on customs, plushies and customized items or merch made with their trademarked characters.  They're all over on ebay and private forums for sale, but I've only heard of one instance where a cease and desist was sent.  Is there some kind of rule against using the names, likenesses, artwork, or do they not care? 

I Third this question! I am wanting to know this too, it is so important :tellme:

Personally, I don't think we should be bringing this sort of thing (the existence / legality of customs and fanart) to Hasbro's attention.   This is definitely a case where it's better to ask forgiveness (if necessary) than permission, IMO.

Besides which, that's a question that Hasbro's legal department handles, whereas the people at the Fair are probably pony-designers.  So they probably can't answer that anyway.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal