collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*  (Read 93879 times)

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*
« Reply #855 on: May 12, 2014, 06:28:09 PM »
GAH. Emma, THINK. This is such a mess now.... my head still hurts....
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 12, 2014, 07:21:53 PM »
You are lucky that you have no idea what Frozen is. It is seriously one of the worst movies and very overrated. Though I admit much of my rage towards that movie might come from the fact that I worked retail at a toy store when it came out and...basically, you just learn to hate that movie and everything related to it.

Gah!!  It isn't one of the worst movies....it's just not one of the best movies.

No, no it is. It is completely overrated and awful, sorry, but it is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 12, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
You are lucky that you have no idea what Frozen is. It is seriously one of the worst movies and very overrated. Though I admit much of my rage towards that movie might come from the fact that I worked retail at a toy store when it came out and...basically, you just learn to hate that movie and everything related to it.

Gah!!  It isn't one of the worst movies....it's just not one of the best movies.

That is your option and you are certainly entitled to it. But there are a lot of people on here that like that movie. So saying it is the worse is a bit harsh. I've seen far worse movies but I don't go running my mouth saying they are the worst thing ever because someone else might like said movie. To each there own.

I personal can't wait to see what they do. They are in talks with Kristen Bell to play Anna. Here's hoping they do a good job. I've pleasantly surprised with how much I like the show lately.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 12, 2014, 09:19:01 PM »

That is your option and you are certainly entitled to it. But there are a lot of people on here that like that movie. So saying it is the worse is a bit harsh. I've seen far worse movies but I don't go running my mouth saying they are the worst thing ever because someone else might like said movie. To each there own.

I am sharing my rage over it, which comes with threads about fandoms. If you don't like my opinion, then don't read it; it is that simple. We came here to share our opinions and I am sharing mine. I am not going to act like I love something just because other people do because I should be able to share my opinion.

The fact of the matter is bringing Frozen into this series is just lazy writing and shows that that the series is trying to ride the hype of the movie. There are plenty more fairy tales that they could have used and yet they skip over them all and go straight to Frozen? It just seems like a money grab to me and is not something I would have expected from this series, at least not so soon. It feel like they are selling out basically and I am not amused.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 12, 2014, 09:33:35 PM »
There is no point in raging over something over and over again. You said it once so saying it more than once just seems like you want to get something started.  They have done written what the next season is so there is no use crying over spilt milk.

Don't watch it anymore if you don't like what there doing.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »

I am sharing my rage over it, which comes with threads about fandoms. If you don't like my opinion, then don't read it; it is that simple. We came here to share our opinions and I am sharing mine. I am not going to act like I love something just because other people do because I should be able to share my opinion.

The fact of the matter is bringing Frozen into this series is just lazy writing and shows that that the series is trying to ride the hype of the movie. There are plenty more fairy tales that they could have used and yet they skip over them all and go straight to Frozen? It just seems like a money grab to me and is not something I would have expected from this series, at least not so soon. It feel like they are selling out basically and I am not amused.

I do not think it is lazy writing at all. I've read numerous interviews with the show runners and they truly like Frozen and want to do right by it. Fact is there are many people who DO like Frozen, so bringing it in will surely bring the ratings, yes. But since it is so well liked, it will be held to a higher standard. They wouldn't bring it in to be "lazy". If anything, they will need to work harder to make sure it's done well in order to keep the fan base from riot.

And while we all are entitled to our opinions, there are ways to go about expressing them without getting confrontational.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
If it comes off that way, then that is the way it comes off. *Shrug*

I may not like it, and I am certainly skeptical of it because I don't want to watch a live action version of the movie, but that doesn't mean I will give it up just because I think they are making a poor choice. I am willing to give it a shot, but I have a sinking feeling this is the start of the end for this show. I still say it is lazy writing, even if they did like the movie because the timing of it just seems a little too convenient for my taste. Plus, do we really need another character like Regina? One that comes off as evil, but really isn't once you know her history? Because, when it comes right down to it in the interviews I read, that sounds like what they plan to do with Elsa and, I'm sorry, but that is lazy writing.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 12, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
If it comes off that way, then that is the way it comes off. *Shrug*

I may not like it, and I am certainly skeptical of it because I don't want to watch a live action version of the movie, but that doesn't mean I will give it up just because I think they are making a poor choice. I am willing to give it a shot, but I have a sinking feeling this is the start of the end for this show. I still say it is lazy writing, even if they did like the movie because the timing of it just seems a little too convenient for my taste. Plus, do we really need another character like Regina? One that comes off as evil, but really isn't once you know her history? Because, when it comes right down to it in the interviews I read, that sounds like what they plan to do with Elsa and, I'm sorry, but that is lazy writing.

Well that's not how I've interpreted Regina at all. Regina never "seemed" evil....she was evil. And part of her still is, I'm sure. But she has made progress. The story with Elsa in the Frozen movie is vastly different as Elsa was NEVER evil, but was perceived as such because she couldn't control her power. On the other hand, Regina has always had control of her power and used it for evil ON PURPOSE. Seems like a huge difference to me.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 12, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »
Hm, matter of interpretation I guess. But honestly, if they did make Elsa pure evil I would be okay with that as in the original story she was evil. I'd like the whole "misunderstanding" aspect of her story to be taken out completely because that has been used so many times with villains that I am tired of it. It would be a bold step to make her fully evil and I have liked this show for the bold steps they have taken in the past in changing fairy tales, so I hope they continue to do so with hers.

This show doesn't need more misunderstood characters, they already have more than their fill. What they do need is more characters who embrace their darkness...sort of like Pan and Cora.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:30 AM »
Misunderstood characters tend to be my favorite :biggrin: So complicated sometimes. Torn between being good and evil (Rumple! ;) ) I love how Belle, as Lacey, brought out Rumple's bad side, but then he realized he needed good Belle the most. He really wants to be good, he just can't help being a little bad sometimes :biggrin: I think he's been the Dark One too long :P
My Wish List

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
I like misunderstood characters as well, but this show has an awful lot. I want a little...spice. Something different where I don't feel like I am getting the same thing again just in a different package. I would really like it if the Frozen story had Elsa as evil, maybe her heart is frozen like the boy's was in the original story, and the story is about getting it thawed, thus avoiding all the grey area of her possibly being and possibly not.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
GAH. Emma, THINK. This is such a mess now.... my head still hurts....
LOL. Anything you do or change may have dire effect on the future... DUH! (But Rumple, why didn't you try to stop them from bringing her when you saw Hook carrying a body...?)

...and here's my wish for somebody to show up in season 4

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 13, 2014, 07:20:13 PM »
If it didn't affect the past, then Rumple likely either didn't care, or was okay with screwing up someone's future.  He does do well with other people are in dire straights. Emma on the other hand, "is just like her mother" and doesn't think of consequences. Emma totally owes Regina a free membership to eharmony!

That tea cup line was so sweet. Belle's going to be MAD when she finds out what Rumple's been up to. Oh sneaky sneaky boy...

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »
Yeah, Emma seriously pissed me off this episode. She JUST ruined true love!!!!!! Well..... at least she and Henry aren't leaving Storybrooke, so Regina will still have Henry around.... but yeah, Emma needs to FIX THIS. It's totally her fault, and as the product of true love and someone who has lost TWO relationships she should feel responsible for helping Regina and Robin fix things and figure out their future.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #869 on: May 14, 2014, 12:33:28 AM »
Wow, I just caught up with the show after coming back from a long trip.

I'm not sure what to thinkā€¦ feels like there is some shark jumping going on.

I totally agree that there is no way Robin could have missed the fact that his wife was (would have been ) killed by the evil queen.
Why would he be all flirty with Regina if he knew this unless it was some sort of revenge scheme all along.

I really really don't want them to make her go evil all over again and to me it really seems unrealistic if she does.

It also bothers me how flimsy Emma seemed in the last few episodes, she's acting almost as if she's new to all this stuff.
Suppose it has to do with the false memories, but it still seemed out of character to me.

I have no specific opinion on Elsa, I enjoyed Frozen well enough and this show seems to put a different take on all characters they use so we really can't know what to expect.
But it would be really neat to see Kristen Bell on the show.

I just hope they stop messing about with timelines and stuff.
It would be nice to get some things cleared up before they start putting new mysteries in, it's so difficult to keep trace of everything already.  :blink:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:37:18 AM by Sukeile »

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal