collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Once Upon a Time Discussion thread *Spoilers*  (Read 94013 times)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Once Upon a Time Discussion thread (OUAT)
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Cora is a millers daughter. Regina is the baby he wanted to take. I believe he did for a period of time.  Cora made a "lot" of deals.

If this is the case, that means Cora was also good at one point in her history.  The millers daughter in the story is a good person who gets a fairytale ending.  I see a lot of this theme in OUAT.  Most of the evil characters have good within them.  The only truly evil ones either haven't had their story told in depth or they are things like wraiths. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
Jefferson is back! Though his hat is a bit squashed,poor hat.
And Regina, she's on the good side; rather she's not as bad as I thought she was. Anyone notice the apples on the tree changed color? Maybe there posioned now.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »
I am excited to find this thread! For the Sheriff Graham fans, I think the reason he was killed is that Jamie Dornan is doing a show called "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson (Scully from X-Files) where he plays a serial killer. I saw Gillian Anderson do a panel at Dragon*Con and she was talking about it there.

I am not sure how I feel about this season so far. I'm not quite as into it as last season. I think the key to Dr. Whale is his name... Not the doctor part but the whale. Like Ruby=Red Riding Hood, Mr. Gold=Rumpelstiltskin, Regina means queen, etc. Maybe he's Moby-Dick, lol.

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 09:23:51 AM »
There was a fan theory that Cora was the Queen of Hearts and I have to say disappearing into a mirror convinced my husband, but then the ending... Well, Jefferson ended up in Storybrooke so anything is possible I suppose.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
Cora is so the queen of hearts!  Regina says the queen of hearts isn't subtle and someone else says that about her. Then the book of spells has a heart on it. Also she's very familiar with wonderland AND the looking glass took Cora to a "small annoying world." 

(Sorry guys, I just... this is my fandom...LOL)
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
I think she is the Queen of Hearts too.  Somehow she is now in the Enchanted Forest again, but that doesn't mean she wasn't in Wonderland for a long time before that.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »
I really love this show, but just don't have very good plot guesses. I love reading what others post!!

I remember reading somewhere that Dornan knew his stay on the show was not going to be long. Much of his time on OUAT was in late 2011. I believe his knowledge of this was even before he started his new show on BBC2 in 2012... a channel which I wish I had access to....

Meghan Ory who plays Red was also fliming episodes of True Justice during season 1 of OUAT. Busy gal!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Peppie

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
I am not sure how I feel about this season so far. I'm not quite as into it as last season. I think the key to Dr. Whale is his name... Not the doctor part but the whale. Like Ruby=Red Riding Hood, Mr. Gold=Rumpelstiltskin, Regina means queen, etc. Maybe he's Moby-Dick, lol.

I too think Dr. Whale has something to do with Moby-Dick. However I was thinking Capt. Ahab not the whale......but anything is possible!

I had NOT thought of Cora being the queen of Hearts, but it so fits!

I too love having a discussion thread about the show. To me it make the show much more fun.
I encourage you to check out my feedback on eBay and here at the arena.

Nirvana Want List

Melissa

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2012, 11:02:05 PM »
My guesses have been somewhat right so far. I had no clue that August was Pinocchio but I knew that Sheriff Graham was The Hunstman.

Is anyone else obsessed with the little details? Like in the pilot, Emma blows out a star candle "When you wish upon a star..." Belle chips a cup, like Chip in the movie... It's so fun!

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »
Melissa, I have to admit I miss a lot of the little details but I am so pleased with myself when I catch one!  I try to read a few different reviews, tumblrs and such to make sure that even if I didn't notice something I find out what other people caught.
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »
Since I watch the episodes over and over to discuss them on my show, I love the little details! Like I notice them repeating lines often.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »
Yes! Little details are the bestest, and I loved the Chip in the cup ;)
Is Emma Swan the swan princess? So silly...but I LOVE LOVE the swan stories. It seems a bit obvious and silly saying it though!

Cora as the queen of hearts is what I originally associated her with, since she collected them and all..... and the Sheriff as huntsman= YES....is he coming back only in flashbacks(or at all anymore..)...since he's dead? This will make me terribly sad if he doesn't show his face ;-;

I should check out your show StoryDreamer, I'm sure it's great fun!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »
The name Cora (which I just looked up) means "maiden" which might also lend itself to being the Millar's daughter since she never had a name in the story.

I've also wondered if Emma would become the swan princess ( ala Odette and Swan Lake not the story of the seven swans because she has no brothers and her mom has not been replaced by a stepmother queen).

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »
Pretty sure the Huntsman is out unless there will be flashbacks.

His character was rather limited in exposure to others especially after Regina condemned him to her castle. The one thing that he never wanted was to be caged and that's exactly what she did to him.

There's one story line left open for him that I'd like to know, where or how did he meet his wolf? One red eye and one black eye, what's the deal with that?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Melissa

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »
Is Emma Swan the swan princess? So silly...but I LOVE LOVE the swan stories. It seems a bit obvious and silly saying it though!
I always figured Swan was just a way to connect her to Snow and Charming, since swans are white and graceful... But I have seen a lot of people saying she might be the swan princess. It could even be that Regina does something like use her knowledge of our world and stories and is all like "Oh yeah well here SWAN princess" and turns her.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal