collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids playing with your ponies  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Kids playing with your ponies
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
The only kid that ever played with my ponies since I established them as collectibles and not toys is my little cousin. She was always very careful and gentle with them but that was some years ago. She is coming to visit this summer though (she's 13) and I´m excited to see if she will still have some interest in them ^^ I do trust her enough to let her touch them and such if she wants to because I know that she is a well behaved and clever girl that knows how to appreciate things :) lol, or at least she was before hitting puberty!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »
When I was really little, around 4, I got pen on one of my dolls (I was trying to give her "lipstick."). But my mom's always been a toy collector and the toys that I was allowed to play with had special rules, including adult supervision, and I was always very careful with them.  So, I don't know.  There's never any kids here but, if there were, I think they'd be allowed to lay with some of he ponies, including some of the g1s, provided I knew they could be careful and gentle.  :)

Cute stories, guys.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
I don't even let kids in my house and they're certainly not allowed to touch my stuff >>
Hahaha. I wouldn't let somebody else play with my stuff either; sure I know I wrecked havoc on my ponies as a kid, but that doesn't mean I want my current stuff messed up!

Offline ponylovingmomma

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »
I let my children play with my ponies. I supervise them but they are still toys and I like to see them played with :)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
My brother and his wife are going to have a little girl (she's due in July) and I'm going to be babysitting her while they're at work. I've thought about it and I don't think I could handle letting someone else mess with my ponies that I have on my shelves just the way I want them, perfectly styled, etc. so I think I'm going to probably buy a few just for her to play with while she's here. I know it's still awhile off, but I made the mistake of letting my son play with my collection of Barbies when he was a toddler and he ruined several of them. I no longer collect Barbies, but I really don't want anything to happen to my Hello Kitty or MLP collections.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
I let my daughters (4 and 3) play with almost all my ponies. They have their own g4 and g3 and g1. I do not let the play with ss, twinkle eyed or glitter symbol ponies. I also have all the big brother accessories and they are not allowed to touch those, but all others I am cool with. They are very good with them because they know mommy will take them all away if they are too rough with them
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »
I let my daughters (4 and 3) play with almost all my ponies. They have their own g4 and g3 and g1. I do not let the play with ss, twinkle eyed or glitter symbol ponies. I also have all the big brother accessories and they are not allowed to touch those, but all others I am cool with. They are very good with them because they know mommy will take them all away if they are too rough with them

Kids are amazing if they know you will take something away that they really like!

This reminded me of something else. A little OT. The ponies are good discipline tools too. If my daughter misbehaves, she has to put the pony of choice (:muffin: Pony right now) in the pony closet for some time. She does not like that. Poor pony gets the timeout instead of my daughter! But it doesn't happen too often. She loves her ponies! XD
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Iceglider

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Mommy, Artist, Roleplayer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/creaturepainter
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »
teresat lol That so would have worked on me as a kid too. I loved my toys.

I would let older, responsible children play with my common ponies, any generation, under my supervision. Never my super minty, htf, expensive, or fragile ponies (summer wings, etc.).

My mom gave me and my sister some of her old toys, but we were too young and didn't treat them right so they got destroyed, lost, or pretty beat up. I think if she had told us they were really special and had to treat them nice, we would have, but she just viewed them as regular toys. Now I wish I still had a few of them, because they were pretty neat.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:58:21 PM by Iceglider »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
I'll be honest, I am NOT a fan of kids. I tend to see only the negative aspects of them, I'll admit. But I see so many with sticky fingers and grimy faces that I simply don't want them near my ponies. To me, my ponies are a collectible item, not toys.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
My 3yr old loves ponies, she gets all the fakies and maccas ponies from any lots I get, she has 2 G1's of her own, actually she has ponies from every Generation, its cute at the checkout when buying G4s she tells the lady, this ones for mummy, and this ones for me! Gotta buy 2 of everything I want now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
I admit if these girls were any younger I would not have let them play with mine. I won't let anyone irresponsible or too young touch them, I use my judgement wisely ;) But really with G4s I couldn't justify getting too protective about them, and they made them look all nice because they were so frizzed from travel. My G1s though like I said, they are off limits for anything but being held for a few seconds, even with adults >.> I packed them the best so they're not frizzy anyways.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:23 PM »
That's so sweet of you! Glad you are educating them about toy collecting! I wish someone would have told me to hold onto all my old toys :(
I let my little girl, who isn't even two yet, play with my collection. Yep, even the G1's! She loves to get a brush and go at it with their hair. It's fun to watch her playing with them. Even my two and half year old son will gallop and make horse noises with them.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »
I most definitely do not love sharing my ponies with kids 8((((

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of kids :P I have lots of my ponies downstairs in the living room (there's just not enough shelf space in my room!) and I have little mini anxiety attacks whenever someone with kids is over. I feel a little bad, because I remember when I was little my aunt had these really neat dolls, but she'd never let me hold them or play with them...so I know what it's like to be a kid and not be allowed to play with fun toys....but these are PONIES darn it, and ponies are serious business!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

lose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 12:51:37 AM »
i love letting my niece at my toy collection! shes very gentle and calls them aunty's specials!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
Well, my daughter (8 years old) is allowed to borrow a pony here and there to play with. Especially when it comes to G4, because she is still missing Twilight Sparkle and Spike in her herd. But I wont ever again allow other kids to play with my ponies and stuff. My daughter had her friend for a visit once and wanted to show her "ponyland". Well I took both to my pony room and then it got really ... bad. My daughters friend ripped almost every single pony she could reach from its shelf, tossing others over and touching every single piece, messing up the accessories so I had to spend hours to sort it again. She also knocked over my dehumidifiers, spilling the water over the wool-carpet (you can still see the stains -_-). No thanks. Kids can have their own toys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal