collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2012 Virginia Pony Meet - August 18th  (Read 9579 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
2012 Virginia Pony Meet - August 18th
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
Hiya Ponypeople!

August is fast approaching and that means it's time for the Virginia Pony Meet!

This year our meet will be located in Fredericksburg, Virginia on Saturday August 18th

We will be renting a place to host our meet so there should be plenty of room for those who would like to attend.

We will be adding info about games, activities, food and other meet info soon so keep an eye on the thread for updates.

If you are interested in attending this years meet please feel free to post a message on this thread or you can PM me as well.

We also have an email we use for the meet so once we get the attendee list together some information (like directions) will come by way of email. So if you are new and haven't attended in previous years please be sure to PM me your email so I can add you to the email list. Those who have already attended should already be on the email list but if you are not sure please feel free to contact me.

We also have a facebook group if you would like to join you can find it at this address on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/163573390335941/

I've created the VAmeet a post on meetup page under the DC ponypeople page since we'll be close to DC this year http://www.meetup.com/Bronies-DC/events/69438992/

Virginia Meet Custom Contest

This Year's Custom contest is going to be called "All that Glitters"

We want you to make a custom that reflects a theme of jewels, gems, sparkle, bling, glitter or all of the above.

We want something pretty, beautiful or something that would make G4 Rairty squeee with delight.

Creativity is key. You can use any kind of bling you want, glitter, gems, real jewels, sculpt, etc. etc. Use your own imagination to come up with something that makes us ooooo and ahhhhh.

Any Generation pony is welcome. We love all ponies!

Rules are:

1. The pony must be design by the person entering the pony into the contest.

2. Pony must be present to enter.

We will have two winners/prizes for this event.

1. People's choice will be voted on by all attendees.

2..Staff pick will be voted on by the VA meet staff. (staff cannot enter)

Now, go forth and Bling your pony!!!

Additional Information about attending a pony meet:
If you are under the age of 18 you will need permission from your parents to attend the meet. You can contact me by PM to work out the details. If you are under the age of 16 you will need a parent or guardian to attend the meet with you. There is no exception on this rule. Everyone is welcome, but we will need to be notified if you are underage.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:36:41 PM by KarentheUnicorn »
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
Re: 2012 Virginia Pony Meet - August 18th
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
YES!   I can ask off and plan my Vacation! woooh hoo I will be there! might be bringing my firend lindsey I shall see

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
YES!   I can ask off and plan my Vacation! woooh hoo I will be there! might be bringing my firend lindsey I shall see

Yay! Great!

I think I already have your email on the VAmeet member mailing list. I sent out an email earlier so if you didn't get it just let me know :)

Offline InsigniaEclipse

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »
Awesome!  I'm looking forward to seeing everybody  :biggrin:
Looking for variant Windys!  Peru, loose Greek, French (Not the French Blue-got her THANKS AGAIN Mel!!), True UK White with BLUE symbol, and Ice Crystal.  Please PM me if you have any available! Thanky :D

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
Arg if it was a touch later in the month by even a week I could go. Visiting family in WV and its sooo close!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
Arg if it was a touch later in the month by even a week I could go. Visiting family in WV and its sooo close!!

Aww! I sorry! :sad:

I wish it could work out for you, we'd love to have you attend.

Myself and Princessmaker have stuff going on all the other weekends in Aug. so this was really the only date we could both manage this year.

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 07:28:29 AM

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:29:02 AM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:59 AM »
 :frolic: Bump Bump Bump

YAAAY :-) for the VA MEET!  I  cannot wait :-) good way to wrap up the summer :-) with ponies ! 

so looking forward to it being so close this year and I can so offer to be the carpool :-) for any other MD folks

Keep us posted on custom contest theme !

and oh = anyone do siggy-s as adoptables for this?  Worse case, is I can probably draw and scan in - whoo hooo for actual reality gatherings :-)

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 01:50:06 PM »
Awesome, I should be able to go :D I missed out on the MD meet due to distance and lack of a ride, but this is actually close enough that attending is very possible!

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
Oh, man, this is really close to the Zelda Symphony/Otakon for me to be making two trips up north, but I'm not going to count myself out just yet!
Don't look for me!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
I'm actually in MD, is it okay if I joined the Facebook page? I'm not sure how far away the area is from where I am. I'm about 30min south of Baltimore, so I'll have to check. I've never been to a pony meet though so I'd really like to go to one! I'll have to look it up.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »
I'm actually in MD, is it okay if I joined the Facebook page? I'm not sure how far away the area is from where I am. I'm about 30min south of Baltimore, so I'll have to check. I've never been to a pony meet though so I'd really like to go to one! I'll have to look it up.

I think Baltimore might be about 2 hours away from fredericksburg, but don't quote me on that :blush:

Yes! You may join the FB page. :) Actually I think I may have just approved you!

And I'm going to be updating in the next couple of days on the custom contest. I figure I need to get that out there before any other info to give people time to create a custom. So keep an eye on the thread for our first contest info.

Post Merge: June 12, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

:frolic: Bump Bump Bump

YAAAY :-) for the VA MEET!  I  cannot wait :-) good way to wrap up the summer :-) with ponies ! 

so looking forward to it being so close this year and I can so offer to be the carpool :-) for any other MD folks

Keep us posted on custom contest theme !

and oh = anyone do siggy-s as adoptables for this?  Worse case, is I can probably draw and scan in - whoo hooo for actual reality gatherings :-)

I have a siggy but apparently I made it to big, thats why I got a BIG SIG thingie on my signature.

We've never had adoptables but everyone is welcome to help advertise for the meet :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 09:52:41 PM by KarentheUnicorn »

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 05:21:02 AM »
 :frolic: more bump bump   :frolic: sugarlump bump :-)

oh cool = I'll see what I can sketch up  for meself at least = calling all computer graphic amazing folk !   I'll pop in over to Art see what may be possible :-)  I know MD had ristvak over TP do blinkies... I so wish I were better on tablet drawing but I am so oldschool sketching with pencil, ink, pastels...

oooh = another question - we celebrating all generations?  Maybe folks can bring Fair Finds from July with them??  (hint hint! that includes boxes of the pony all the mods are sick of :-)  = my kids love her)
Know if there are VA Brony folk to add to?? Oh man guys/gals Karen is cooking up a BALLROOM event I hear
 :happy: :art: :enthralled: :happy: :hope:
so YES PLEASE TELL EVERYONE that loves all things PONY! come on down/over/up however :-) gonna be a fun time = a down right gala ;-)

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 03:20:49 PM »
hwy Maycrestsmom you excited? *dodges fakies* yes gonna need a custom theme soon so I can start I'm just finishing up a custom project don't want to start on anything and not be able to do the one for the contest 

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
Virginia Meet Custom Contest

This Year's Custom contest is going to be called "All that Glitters"

We want you to make a custom that reflects a theme of jewels, gems, sparkle, bling, glitter or all of the above.

We want something pretty, beautiful or something that would make G4 Rairty squeee with delight.

Creativity is key. You can use any kind of bling you want, glitter, gems, real jewels, sculpt, etc. etc. Use your own imagination to come up with something that makes us ooooo and ahhhhh.

Any Generation pony is welcome. We love all ponies!

Rules are:

1. The pony must be design by the person entering the pony into the contest.

2. Pony must be present to enter.

We will have two winners/prizes for this event.

1. People's choice will be voted on by all attendees.

2..Staff pick will be voted on by the VA meet staff. (staff cannot enter)

Now, go forth and Bling your pony!!!

Offline maycrestmom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 10:14:46 AM »
 :frolic: bumpity bump :-)

huuuah yeah, summerblade :-) I just totally need a pony fix this year = since spring began, RL has been kicking my butt!

Whooo hoo :-) good call on making it a sparkly custom year :-) that'll keep me happy busy at 2AM (about the only time I have quiet time around here)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal