collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Mac for Nan over at the TP :-)  (Read 220 times)

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
New Mac for Nan over at the TP :-)
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:44:02 AM »
So still bummed I had to miss the MD meet (have not felt like posting my candy customs... maybe come halloween as I have been thinking I can retrofit the candy apple one a bit for that and the candy dish one I can maybe re-do the colors a bit so I'm just calling them WIPs for now...)

anyhow, DB's mom over at the TP was super awesome to actually commission me to do my Big Macintosh again so here he is - improved  I think - as now he has his yoke .  Also total shout out THANKS! to CSA for the airbrushing = she was awesome to send me the perfect base to work on :-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

here's my old guy (total lesson about not giving enough time to cure after a dye job - ah well) and the new guy

and some more shots I took before I got the go ahead to make him a yoke  = used a pair of barbie suede pants (boy I hope I cannibalized something cheap, just didn't have the right leather pieces on hand) and used pipe cleaners and felt on the inside to create that shape and to make it flexible, and removeable (like if he wants to ever get off the farm and go on a date  :cool: )

the hair is all salvaged from other MLP = mostly G3 tails = in that golden and orange-y combo that I think just worked = tried to give him the appropriate do ;-)

sealed the eyes triple gloss and mod podge on the rest...

I'm gonna see if ceramcoat over my next symbol might smooth it better... that's the only part I am still wanting to perfect (obviously) but glad to have read about using a pencil transfer method to template that apple on him (thanks to? dang I'll see if i can look that up...)

hope ya'll like

eeyup...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:45:39 AM by maycrestmom »

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New Mac for Nan over at the TP :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
awww he is super adorable!

lilacamy931

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Mac for Nan over at the TP :-)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
he looks fab and love his yoke!