collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Colorado wildfire, everyone safe? Thoughts and prayers needed for WOLF Sanctuary  (Read 9332 times)

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

You can donate through their website, here:  http://www.wolfsanctuary.net/10-funding/10-01.htm#Donations.  Thank you so much, anything helps.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Perfect, thanks! Made my donation :)

If the employees were up there but didn't evacuate any more of the wolves, does that mean that the sanctuary is no longer in danger?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

January Joy

• Trade Count: (0)
I just donated $5. I'm stupidly broke, but still..I hope everything turns out relatively okay for them in the end. :(

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
I just donated $5. I'm stupidly broke, but still..I hope everything turns out relatively okay for them in the end. :(

You can donate through their website, here:  http://www.wolfsanctuary.net/10-funding/10-01.htm#Donations.  Thank you so much, anything helps.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Perfect, thanks! Made my donation :)

If the employees were up there but didn't evacuate any more of the wolves, does that mean that the sanctuary is no longer in danger?

Thank you both so much!  Every little bit helps and those $5 donations really add up; they've raised almost $2,000 since the evacuation!  :hug:

It doesn't sound like the sanctuary is totally clear yet, but they were only granted a small amount of time.  I'm not sure how much damage there has been, but it sounds like the fire prevention that has been underway since 2009 has really helped.  I think the worst may be over, since the firefighters finally have some containment.  As long as the wind stays in their favor, things are looking good.

Most recent update:
Thank you for all of your wonderful thoughts. Though we are not able to get updates out to you as often as we wish we are keeping tabs on what is being said and we are overwhelmed and inspired by all of emotional, spiritual, in kind and monetary support we are receiving. You all are the reason we are able to do what we do for these amazing animals.

We do not have any new news to report from up at the Sanctuary as of yet, but the evacuated animals are still doing well and enjoying their personalized attention. We have been pleasantly surprised at how we they are taking their displacement as many of our unsocial animals have started to relax around humans...some even soliciting scratches from the volunteers.

To repeat a previous update (which is the most current information we have from the Sanctuary), yesterday afternoon we were able to check on the animals at the Sanctuary. All the animals were ok then and were given fresh food and water at that time. Since 2009 we have been working on forest thinning and fire mitigation projects including cutting a road as a fire break behind all of the enclosures, removing dead and beetle killed trees from around the property and constructing fire dens. We believe this is great help with protecting the wolves.

Thank you all and keep up the great work!

The fire is up to 46,600 acres, but they finally have 10% containment.  It's a step in the right direction at least.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
:bump:

Fantastic update from WOLF!

Update: We are ecstatic to inform you that we were able to get back up to the Sanctuary this morning. Even better we were able to get the remaining animals out and send them on their way to their temporary homes!

A HUGE thank you to the firemen as well as Pat Craig and the team from the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg for assisting in this endeavor!

We are extremely relieved and grateful for all of your support. Please stick with us so we can get these animals home safely.

All the animals are safe and sound, thank goodness!!!!  :lovey:  Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers and donations.  :hug:  Photos of the evacuated wolves here:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.379876372069710.84819.379867748737239&type=1

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
That is amazing news!!!! Thank you for the update!
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
I'm so glad to hear they managed to get all the wolves out. :D

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
:cheer: Great news!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
That is fantastic they got them all out! This whole fire business is scary... about a year or so ago we had a small fire brushfire very close to our house.. they surprisingly got it under control fast.. but still so scary. Thoughts and prayers for everyone <3

Moondancer115

That is great news!!!! I am so happy that they are save :biggrin:
Thanks for updating us ^.^

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
YAAAAAY so great to hear the PAWS-itive update, ZennaBug!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
That's wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:  :frolic:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

FlyingPonyMonster

Oh I just saw this and am so happy the animals are all safe :cheer:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
They were built a temporary holding pen on Saturday, as they still can't go back to their sanctuary. The fire was about 45% contained yesterday, but the wind has been blowing hard with 96 degree temperatures.   It is now the most destructive fire in CO history, destroying 181 homes so far. 

This thing will be burning for weeks. I feel bad for everyone (and there are so many displaced!)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 01:42:13 PM by skyrocketneko »

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Wildfires scare the absolute you-know-what out of me. I've sent prayers to my spirits for them and am ECSTATIC to know they're okay.  Man I hope this thing gets dealt with...and fast.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Back from vacation and shocked to see what happened while I was away!  The fire did hit the sanctuary and burned down 2 sheds and a smaller cabin.  But due to all the fire mitigation efforts (which I am really proud to have been a part of), the enclosures are all relatively undamaged.  The forest was torched, but the vegetation within the enclosures and other protected areas is still green and healthy.

The High Park fire is up to 83,205 acres (second largest in CO history), has destroyed 248 homes (most destructive in state history), and is only 45% contained.  We have had a string of record-breaking 100+ degree days, no rain, and high/unpredictable winds.  There are 2,037 personnel fighting the blaze, but there are now TWELVE other fires burning throughout the state, so firefighting resources have been stretched thin.

It feels like the entire state is on fire  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal