collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kmart & New Wave of Wedding Playful Ponies?  (Read 4428 times)

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kmart & New Wave of Wedding Playful Ponies?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:38:24 AM »
they use the excuse that "the stock numbers are the same"
I don't understand this at all: each toy has a unique UPC bar code. I don't understand why their system is so moronic to confuse them.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
Im not sure wheat you guys are seeing.. I clicked the link and looked at their FDashion Style Applejack, and it clearly says "Temporarily Unavailable" Same thing for Trixie. There isn't even a button to buy them.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
they use the excuse that "the stock numbers are the same"
I don't understand this at all: each toy has a unique UPC bar code. I don't understand why their system is so moronic to confuse them.

I would guess it works the same way as our "assortments" do - yes different item, yes different UPC but due to the number of items some stores carry as well as the fact HB do ship these ponies in the same pack its probably easier for giant retailers to simply consider them the same item - so when a pack of Wave 8 arrives at store it has 2 of each pony in it - yes 6 different ponies but all in the same packing box - therefore its probably easier for them to simply have "72 Playful Ponies in stock" and just pick one at random rather than work on "12 x Trixie and 12 x Lyra and 12 x Rainbow Dash, etc etc etc" and have to dig around to make sure the exact right product makes it out.

Just cause thats the way they do it doesnt make it any less annoying though! You are certainly right on that one!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »
Im not sure wheat you guys are seeing.. I clicked the link and looked at their FDashion Style Applejack, and it clearly says "Temporarily Unavailable" Same thing for Trixie. There isn't even a button to buy them.

Shows this for me as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »
untill i see them ON THE SHELVES i wont belive it

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »
I won't believe it til I see them on the shelves either and honestly, after hearing all that I have about Kmart recently, I'm hesitant to even walk into the stores to see if they have these new ponies anyway. I feel like I'd be supporting a shady business if I give Kmart any of my money now.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
I won't believe it til I see them on the shelves either and honestly, after hearing all that I have about Kmart recently, I'm hesitant to even walk into the stores to see if they have these new ponies anyway. I feel like I'd be supporting a shady business if I give Kmart any of my money now.
You'd also be paying $6.99 per pony x.x

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
If Kmart isn't going to fix it they should just close down their online shop and focus on their brick and mortar stores.

This. >:{

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »
I'd probably have a higher chance of getting the new wave if I gave a hobo a $50 bill and asked him to buy them for me.

XD Agree. 

I was one of the people who ordered Applebloom and Sweetie Belle's Fun at the Fair set from Kmart.com, as it was one of the "first" places to "carry" it.  I received the Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie's sweet shop set, which I already owned as it had been out forever, instead.  I had to return the ponies to a physical Kmart store, where the Kmart associate who was working with me bemoaned how inaccurate and stupid the Kmart website was.  She mentioned that she had people coming to her ALL THE TIME with things they'd bought from Kmart.com that weren't what they'd actually ordered.  Anyway, after returning the ponies to a store, you have to call a 1-800 number so they can refund your shipping.  Ordering from Kmart.com, for me, was not worth the time, effort and trouble.  I will never order ponies from them again.

To this date, as far as I know, Kmart has never actually carried Fun at the Fair. 

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »
So I clicked on the link out of curiosity, I got a 'Welcome UK Shopper' page that redirected me to Sears. After the shock of seeing a Kardashian home line advertised (I do not have enough expletives in the world), I searched My Little Pony and briefly got a page of ponies, before it redirected me to two play kitchen sets (?!). Yup, broken.

I got the same, except Japan instead of UK.  ::shakes head at Kmart::

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Gonzo

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:08:43 AM »
I dunno how good Toywiz is about pre-orders, but they've gotta be better than this, right?

Think I'll either pre-order from that site, or wait until the ponies are in stores; rarely have I seen a store with such a broken online system. :/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
I dunno how good Toywiz is about pre-orders, but they've gotta be better than this, right?

Think I'll either pre-order from that site, or wait until the ponies are in stores; rarely have I seen a store with such a broken online system. :/

From what I have read I believe Kmart is the worst out there for this kind of mix up...I havent seen many other terrible reports on any other specific online retailer and plenty of people on here have ordered from BBB and Toywiz etc so maybe you ll have more luck there than with Kmart. Although personally I love finding a new pony on a shop shelf in front of me! So much fun.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 01:35:08 PM »
I'd probably have a higher chance of getting the new wave if I gave a hobo a $50 bill and asked him to buy them for me.

I have been having a horrible day and this made me LOL. Thank you Saply. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 01:51:32 PM »

I have been having a horrible day and this made me LOL. Thank you Saply. XD
He MIGHT come out with ponies, but probably a lot of booze too. At wonderful $2+ more expensive than everywhere else kmart prices no less.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »
The thing is I do think K-Mart does at least TRY to give you the one you ordered IF they actually have that one in stock. The problem is if they are out of it they just give you a different item in the "assortment" rather than saying "we don't have it" and cancelling the order. They think it is helpful but instead it is merely annoying. I don't think you should avoid shopping in the stores just because their online system has problems because if they go out of business lots of ppl will be out of work and there are already not enough jobs for the people currently out of work.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal