collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I think I'm only going to collect FS G4 ponies  (Read 3450 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: So I think I'm only going to collect FS G4 ponies
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:29 AM »
Personally, FS ponies have my top priority. I love their size.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline blu_clouds

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 03:32:00 AM »
I like how collecting starts in stages.  For instance, when I started collecting I only collected the G3s I liked...then I moved on and collected all the G3s...then I looked at the G1s I had when I was a kid and saw some G1s I would like to have...so I started collecting G1s...then G4 came out and gosh darn it I like them too...then I stumbled across some Nirvanas that I really like and well...now I collect some of them, too...

It's funny, once they get that hoof in the door it's already too late, you're hooked.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 03:57:52 AM »
I'd love to see more fashion styles. Since we now have a boy mold, if we see a fashion style Big Mac, I am going to get excited and make some very emasculate squealing noises.

Isnt the Shining Armour just Rarity's mould but with boy eyes? Could be wrong on that one...

If there was more variety in the type and number of characters being releases I agree I would probably have collected FS only but with only a handful of the core characters so far available, I am going to stick with brushables for the moment.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
I'm hoping they'll releases more.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
I like the FS better too. I have the Mane 6, Celestia and Luna. Will definetly get Cadence and Shining Armor when they're released. And of course The pony all the mods are sick of hearing about, if I can get her for a good price.

I still collect the small ones though.

edit. Lol you can't write Der.. py?  :lol:
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
I started off thinking I'd only collect the regular size brushable and now I collect... well really just about everything  :lol:
I do love the Fashion Style ones a lot. I think Fasion Style Fluttershy was my first break from the regular brushables if I remember correctly.

I'd love to see more fashion styles. Since we now have a boy mold, if we see a fashion style Big Mac, I am going to get excited and make some very emasculate squealing noises.

Isnt the Shining Armour just Rarity's mould but with boy eyes? Could be wrong on that one...
From what it looks like it Shining Armor appears to be the same mold as as the girl unicorns.
I do wish at least the head were done in a style more like the boys I'm still happy there will be getting him.
I'd really love to see a Fashion Style Big Mac and Sweetie Belle the most I think now. A Filly FS would be super cute!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »
You know what I'd really love? a FS Spike!
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 03:24:54 AM »
I wish they would make more Fashion Style sized ponies too including male ones in male molds. To me the Fashion Style ponies are adult ponies and the "regular" small sized ponies are babyponies.

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:00 AM »
i was a just G1 collector once but then a friend of mine got me a mc donalds happy meal G4 pony and then the fever started! :D i now have all the mcdonalds G4 ponies and i got my first G4 rainbow dash (normal size) today!

but i think i would like a fashion style sized pony more because i am used to that size from my G1s.. i am currently looking for a RD and an applejack! :)

i have heard that there will be BOY ponies too???? i LOVE the big brothers G1 and i will love the G4s too i fear! :D
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
the addiction got ahold of me good..and ive got both sizes..just not the "play sets" but starting late means i may have ZERO luck gettting a first run AJ..which SUCKS..as shes all im missing

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 09:09:20 AM »
I love the fashion style ponies too.  They're the only well-made G4s, and I still need to be careful when I buy them.  Sometimes their eyes aren't printed in their sockets.  But one to two issues with fashion styles sure beats the heck out of the five million issues I have to be careful of when I buy a playful pony size G4. 

I love that the fashion style ponies' heads and body colors/plastics MATCH.  What a novel idea!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »

Eeyup.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Sometimes it's best to have a focus while collecting.   Otherwise blu_clouds is right, it becomes a slippery slope indeed! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
I will admit I've grown more affectionate of my two taobao fashion styles than my brushables. I gather the arena in general has mixed feelings towards bronies so I guess the fact I assumed the brushables were "normal" sized ponies will only contribute to that, lol.

I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other - I appreciate that the brushables are small enough to keep around on desks and in smaller display spaces, and apart from a few cast line issues the quality has impressed me and I like them very much.

The fashion styles I like as they're big enough to hold and care for in a cat sort of way if you get me. I think the intended difference is between playing ponies in Ponyville, and having them talk and interact with the scenery/accessory backdrops, and playing ponies as in caring for them. Although it seems kinda obvious in hindsight given the names (playful and fashion herp derp) it's probably worth remembering that they are created to suit a purpose, and if you're a collector then Hasbro probably intends the fashion styles more to you.

On a similar note, I find the smaller hair of the playful ponies more manageable to style, and they're dinky enough to be ontop of my computer monitor and stuff. A fashion style takes that extra bit of space.

I'm not sure if I'll add the mane 6 to my Taobao ponies soon, I might eventually, but I think 10 fashion styles will probably be too much space wise and too much to care for. I have the mane 6 in the playful size and i think they're suit to that, unless one is buying ones Favourite Pony.

Yes this is a wall of text I am a compulsive blogger also don't judge. -_-

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »
I really like the FS ponies too.  I buy those for myself, and the regular G4s for my daughters. 

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal