collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100260 times)

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #930 on: June 01, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »
I haven't seen the Novis with the skin suits around at all, are they htf or new?

Those sets showed up here about a month ago, but I've only seen them at TRU.  It's possible they're not being as widely distributed as the other Novis; they are pretty weird looking (and not very nice, imo).

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 01, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »
The latest TRU Canada flyer has all Novi Stars advertised as 60% off, so $9.97  ^.^ I'm going to TRU tomorrow and may just come home again with Malie if they have her...

WHAT.
And I already made Aeryala buy them for me for their regular price. Damn XD

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 01, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
Awwwrgh XD Super frustrating D:

I've only seen the "skins" sets at TRU too. (Also not a fan of those...)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 01, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »
I FINALLY deboxed my Orbit Beach girls :lookround:

Once again, my favorite seems to be Allie.  I don't know HOW she does it!  She's sorta plain when compared to the goo filled dolls, or the ones with crazy hair, but I just fall for her out of the box EVERY time:)

Her Beach doll has the most amazing long and wavy beachy hair :heart:  So very pretty!  I just want to pet her.  All the time :lol:  Her antennae are gold, and her eyelashes are gold too.  Matches her bathing suit:)  Her hair is pink and brown :huh:  Was her hair brown for the Basic release?  I thought it was black.

One weird thing I noticed while deboxing was blacked out text on the bottom of the box.  I scraped off the black with my fingernail and they had blacked out the text ".....and pony's hair."  It's written after the part that warns not to get hair wet or use heated styling tools on your doll......and pony's hair :huh:  Fun little "oops!"  Wonder what the story behind that is!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 01, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »
Has a basic Allie.  Her hair looks black to me. 

Also, I kind of find it funny that the Walmart in the area has every single Novi Star doll in stock except for basic Allie.  XD

Would love to collect these girls, but alas, unless I can find a permanent job that pays good money, I have to hold off on collecting.  At least I have Allie.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:47:08 PM by sparkykandy »
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 01, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »
Confession time:  I have a Basic Allie too, but I was too lazy to get up to check her haircolor :blush: :lol: :blush: :lol:

Thanks for confirming my guess sparkykandy!

Beach Allie :heart:  So much :heart: 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 01, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
Aww, Kitter! You can't swoon over your Orbit Beach Allie and not show pictures of her. I love the beach line more than the signature dolls ^^#

Offline justkitter

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
No promises, but I do have the day off tomorrow, and nothing to do ;)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 01, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »
Have any of you guys seen these???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51192881@N00/8919766392/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rimmu

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I havenĀ“t seen her before. She looks so cool!
There is another pic of her on Taobao:
http://img01.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i1/86745852/T2OEH.Xd4aXXXXXXXX_!!86745852.jpg
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »
Ooh, she is really cute! ^.^ I wonder what her "special feature" is? I can see "hypnotize" in the bubble near her on the taobao pic, so something spins? Her eyes?
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 02, 2013, 07:31:42 AM »
And just when I thought I was done with Novis... an utter DO WANT doll appears.

*darth vader scream*

kaskurgi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #942 on: June 02, 2013, 07:37:06 AM »
My boyfriend wants the Multi Tasker(?) Doll. I almost fainted. I am not sure why he wants a doll with multiple arms LOL. Didn't even know he liked dolls...learn something new every day I guess. I have taught him the way of the ponies; but I am not familiar with Novi Stars that well I know I just like the blue one. Hope he doesn't want me to mysteriously grow 2 more arms...

Are the dolls pretty sturdy out of the box? The ones I have seen look like hollow plastic. Would be horrible if they fell and crumbled to tiny bits lol.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 02, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »
My boyfriend wants the Multi Tasker(?) Doll. I almost fainted. I am not sure why he wants a doll with multiple arms LOL. Didn't even know he liked dolls...learn something new every day I guess. I have taught him the way of the ponies; but I am not familiar with Novi Stars that well I know I just like the blue one. Hope he doesn't want me to mysteriously grow 2 more arms...

Are the dolls pretty sturdy out of the box? The ones I have seen look like hollow plastic. Would be horrible if they fell and crumbled to tiny bits lol.

Well, do you want him to become a pony? ;)

I have heard that the arms of the sig dolls come off easily for clothing swap reasons. And the ones filled with something might leak after a while.
I don't know how sturdy they are, though. The one of a friend of mine fell out of her hands once and nothing happened. But the doll fell on its back.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 02, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
Mali Tasker (the one your bf wants) lookspretty sturdy to me, the other  hollow plastic gals do seem fragile but so far they are ok for wear and tear for me, I "play" with mine, not rough but def not light, and they survive ok. I wouldn't push it with the hollow ones, so I am more careful but still they seem semi-durable

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal