collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100007 times)

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
I still have to get Mae. Maybe tomorrow?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

monstress_hi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
Retail for them is $20 ($18 at Wal-Mart) :)

Really? I'm from Canada too and the one I got from Walmart yesterday was priced at $22 plus tax!!! :blink:

TuxAndTails

« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

Really? I'm from Canada too and the one I got from Walmart yesterday was priced at $22 plus tax!!! :blink:

Nah, I was quoting the US prices xD I've yet to personally see them in stores, but I would assume that $22 is about how much they would be here.

monstress_hi

« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:39 PM »

Nah, I was quoting the US prices xD I've yet to personally see them in stores, but I would assume that $22 is about how much they would be here.

They are in store in Ontario as far as my visit to Walmart here yesterday counts! ;) Hope you'll get to see them in person very soon in your area!

TuxAndTails

« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
Yeah, I hope so! Oddly, I was on vacation last week and between a Zellers and a Toys R Us, I saw all the new doll stuff: MH, Cutie Pops, most of the La Dee Das, etc. But no Novi Stars or Bratzillaz xD Hopefully I can find them soon, I won't be collecting them but I think they're adorable. I really want to see them in person.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »
Mandy how did you get her hair so nice? mine is so frizzy! And that's odd about her head...I haven't been able to remove my Una's head, accidentally or on purpose

The hair on mine still has a bit of a frizzy, dry texture to the ends, but the curls help to hide some of this. I was able to soften it a bit by slathering her in conditioner and gently combing through it.

I normally boil perm the hair on my dolls to get curls to set, but since the hair is nylon on these girls, I was able to just dampen her hair, use some large straws as curlers and let it set for a while to air dry. I haven't tried it on nylon before, but boiled water may help keep the curls in longer, as if you comb through them or play with them too much once the curlers are out then they'll loose their hold.

monstress_hi

« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Yeah, I hope so! Oddly, I was on vacation last week and between a Zellers and a Toys R Us, I saw all the new doll stuff: MH, Cutie Pops, most of the La Dee Das, etc. But no Novi Stars or Bratzillaz xD Hopefully I can find them soon, I won't be collecting them but I think they're adorable. I really want to see them in person.

I enjoy just looking at dolls that I am not thinking of collecting too, so I totally understand how you feel  :)

Offline glory78

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
I picked up Allie tonight-no sign of Una. My husband's comment was "another set of dolls you're collecting?".  I had to explain that there were glitter and lights involved, so yes, more dolls were coming home!!
Glory78

monstress_hi

« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »
I picked up Allie tonight-no sign of Una. My husband's comment was "another set of dolls you're collecting?".  I had to explain that there were glitter and lights involved, so yes, more dolls were coming home!!

*LOL* There's always the "another set of dolls" one after another... :biggrin:

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »
My Walmart was in the middle of a reset the other day, so here's hoping I see them soon! Along with Winx, La Dee Da, and Bratzillas.

TuxAndTails

« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »

I enjoy just looking at dolls that I am not thinking of collecting too, so I totally understand how you feel  :)
Yeah c: I really do like the Novi Stars, I think the concept is adorable and the designs for the dolls are really sweet. It's just the price, my main activity with my dolls is photography so for $20 I'd rather try and buy something with a bit more articulation (same reason I haven't bought any La Dee Das). But if I ever saw them for $10 or $15 I'd definitely pick a couple up, I love Una and Alie.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »

Ahaha, this sounds like perfect reasoning to me! I think I'll use the same line on my boyfriend. :3

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »
Got to see Nita (sp?) in person for the first time today:)  She's cute too.  I don't think I can afford to jump into this line as well as MH.  It's too bad, because they are adorable.  I love their eyes <3 
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »
Got to see Nita (sp?) in person for the first time today:)  She's cute too.  I don't think I can afford to jump into this line as well as MH.  It's too bad, because they are adorable.  I love their eyes <3 

I read your post and instantly went to my Target DPCI checker, and sure enough, she is in our stores. [I was at Target earlier today, and didn't check toys. I guess that's what I get for not checking]

So, without further interruption, let me introduce you to Ms. Nita Light:

Nita Light by reidelsol, on Flickr

I think I know you by reidelsol, on Flickr

Energy Pod by reidelsol, on Flickr

What's in Your Eyes? by reidelsol, on Flickr

The flash ruined this one, but here they all are, so far:

My Three Aliens by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »
Ahh, I want Nida now. But I don't what that huuge set. Heh. Oh well. :D

I went and got Alie and Ari today. Ari doesn't have much of a smell. Hmm.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal