collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100126 times)

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »
I cut myself opening up Una, didn't know it until I got home [yeah, I opened her in the parking lot.... so what? :lol: ] I had a nasty [bloody] scratch on my finger..... the things we do for our love of dolls :)

I thought I was the only strange bird that couldn't wait to get home and open my toys! LOL You got a chuckle out of me and my 8 year old daughter. She usually waits until we get home and laughs at me while I open the doll in the parking lot  :blush:

I think I lied when I said I didn't want another one.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »
I've looked at them before, but today I saw them again, and I didn't notice the first time.  Ari has 2 shades of purple hair<3  How did I miss this?  So pretty:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
So I totally caved last night and brought home Una. My boyfriend was walking back from the gaming section at TRU (he always splits once we reach the girly aisles, lol)  and I heard him shout "It begins!" as he saw me going though the Novi Stars. I told him that I just wanted the one and then we both laughed because I've that before....;)

They had about 6 each of Una and Ari and no sign of Alie or Mae. You guys weren't kidding about the packaging being a nightmare to open, they practically sew the dolls straight into it. I ended up restyling her hair and gave it some curls.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #243 on: August 09, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »
OMG her hair!!! It is possible to tame!! My Una is just crazy-haired... the saddest of my dolls right now

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 09, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
So I totally caved last night and brought home Una. My boyfriend was walking back from the gaming section at TRU (he always splits once we reach the girly aisles, lol)  and I heard him shout "It begins!" as he saw me going though the Novi Stars. I told him that I just wanted the one and then we both laughed because I've that before....;)

They had about 6 each of Una and Ari and no sign of Alie or Mae. You guys weren't kidding about the packaging being a nightmare to open, they practically sew the dolls straight into it. I ended up restyling her hair and gave it some curls.

Spoiler

If you don't mind, I'm totally doing this with mine!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »

If you don't mind, I'm totally doing this with mine!

Oh I don't mind at all!  Be sure to post pics! :)

She just has so much hair and it's so fluffy! Every time I kept trying to brush it I kept popping her head off, lol, so I knew I had to give her curls.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:26:03 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
Una seems to be the most popular of these girls and I totally get why since I have her myself lol.

She's such a little beauty! I kind of go "Squeee!" on the inside every single time I see her.

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »
Una seems to be the most popular of these girls and I totally get why since I have her myself lol.

She's such a little beauty! I kind of go "Squeee!" on the inside every single time I see her.

I have Alie and she's just so darling. I also think her effect is the coolest (the lights that fade into different colors) but looks-wise, Una Verse is my favorite. I think her skin tone and hair colors go so well together.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
I totally plan on getting an Alie next, and maybe the one with the purple hair. But I really don't think I like Mae...the lack of a top, and the wig turn me off.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

ElusiveLily

« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
I think I might be in the minority here. I think Una might be my least favorite. I think I like Alie the most.

I told myself at Target yesterday that I wasn't going to buy these. Now I'm not so sure...

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:32 PM »
I can't decide if I like Alie or Una the best and havn't seen them in person yet to choose one. We'll see...

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #251 on: August 09, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
Mandy how did you get her hair so nice? mine is so frizzy! And that's odd about her head...I haven't been able to remove my Una's head, accidentally or on purpose
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

monstress_hi

« Reply #252 on: August 09, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Did someone on this board mention there is a Novi Star message board or discussion or something like that? I swear I saw it on here in a link...but can't find it...

Welcome, Cwk123! This is the Novi Stars discussion thread! There are a couple of us that have indulged in the Novi Stars line. I've got two right now, an Una Verse and an Alie Lectric. Please feel free to browse the pages of this thread for pictures and more info :)

Haha! And I thought I was the "first" one to "discover" this doll when I went to Walmart (in Canada) yesterday!!!!

I didn't realize there's been a thread of Novi Stars already in June, but I'm so glad that there're already collectors of her out there.

Btw, I did get an Una - I simply couldn't resist her translucent legs with glittering things inside flowing with the water/fluid! It's beautiful!!!

I wish she would have joints in her limbs though so she can make a lot more poses for great photos! That's just me, I suppose  ;)

I have not yet deboxed her so I may have to experience the "agony" of getting her detached from her box...

Do all Novi Stars doll have lights inside their bodies? Do they all have translucent bodies for the lights to go through? I saw a few with bodies covered by glittering paint and I thought they are not as special...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:16:32 PM by monstress_hi »

Rococo

« Reply #253 on: August 09, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
Each of the dolls have a novel effect. Alie Lectric is the one who lights up (a little changing light is attached to her backpack that is inserted into her back and lights up through her translucent body), Ari has a body covered in purple glitter and is scented, etc.

monstress_hi

« Reply #254 on: August 09, 2012, 07:36:53 PM »
I think Una Verse is my favorite... Her legs though, is it filled with water as well as glitter or just some cool effect on colored plastic? I worry for the longevity (physically) of these dolls if they are filled with any liquid. x_X

This is kind of what worries me as well. :C
I mean, it would look super cool if she'd be actually filled with glittery liquid.. but then again I watched my Aquapet and several glittery magic-wands die a slow dead, and the thought of that would surely keep me from buying a doll like that since I'd assume she'd share the same fate eventually. >_<

What would happen to the water and the glitters inside after some time?

Post Merge: August 09, 2012, 07:38:04 PM

Each of the dolls have a novel effect. Alie Lectric is the one who lights up (a little changing light is attached to her backpack that is inserted into her back and lights up through her translucent body), Ari has a body covered in purple glitter and is scented, etc.

Thanks! There's always so much to learn when a new doll line comes out - I haven't quite gotten myself familiar with MH dolls yet and now there're the Novi Stars *LOL*

Post Merge: August 09, 2012, 07:42:06 PM

AWW! They look so adorable together!!!!

Your pictures have me sold on Una. She will be the first Novi Star I buy for sure! So adorable! You make me want Abbey too but I just can't find the one I want!

*jealous*

A big *DITTO* on this! The pics are soooo very cute!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:42:06 PM by monstress_hi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal