collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100206 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2012, 02:30:27 PM »
rayedelsol, your pics are AMAZING!! I don't know if I'm sold on the dolls given their small size... but Una's Galactic Gown - WOW. I wonder if it would fit Monster High...

Thank you so much! The small size is kinda what makes them cute :) Let me spam you with some "Would that fit?"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Frankie's Dress Doesn't Fit by reidelsol, on Flickr

Frankie - Zip Me Up! by reidelsol, on Flickr

The robe actually does fit Frankie:

Frankie No photos please by reidelsol, on Flickr

But not the nightgown:

Frankie - How embarrassing by reidelsol, on Flickr

And then I couldn't resist:

Frankie Finally Some Colour by reidelsol, on Flickr

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »
LOL - great pics!! Thank you so much. BTW I think I have a spare Snow Angel? whatever her name is - the pony in your sig if you're still looking.
:heart:

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
Taxel - Again, please take a moment to read my posts slowly . Blythes are toys, they serve no greater purpose than to entertain and occupy one's time. A $500 doll is still a doll. There are parents who shell out a lot for toys for their kids.

Blythes are Blythes, regardless of size. It's a brand. If you chose not to accept the mini's as "real Blythes" then that is okay. Blythes are not readily available anymore and that drives their values into the couple of hundred dollar price range... but still, at the end of the day you still have an expensive toy staring at you.

*** Since I don't like the hostility I have been reading from your posts, I'm going to ignore you and try to enjoy this forum but with more caution. As I hope not everyone I come in contact here is as combative in language as you have come off to me as being in all of your posts towards me. Maybe it's the huge age difference, maturity or whatever... Agree to disagree, and all that I suppose.

Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
So which is the best Novi star? I want to get one....only one. Please help me decide. Pictures welcome! :-)
~Foxtale~

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
Saw Una in person the other day. Her and Ari are my favs though still think $20 is   too much, for me, to spend on them so left on the shelf. That said, did pick up the pet pod with Zero as I thought he'd look cute with my Abbey(he does!).

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
Foxtale - depends on which one you really like.  :blush: I chose Una Verse because I liked her blue color and her eyes. I find that comparing two dolls a lot you will find that you might want one more than the other.

gargoylekitty - Yeah, for as small as they are and that they don't really come with a lot of accessories, they are pretty expensive. I dunno if I want a second one, but I can't resist picking them up and googling over them in the store.  ^.^

What draws me to buying any dolls is usually if I have that " super cute!! " initial reaction. Most of my toys are usually opened as soon as I get home and then put on one of my toy shelves.

Forgot to add... Since I have MH and my Una, I can say I don't think a lot of Novistar clothing is going to be able to fit MH. MH have a longer torso and are a bit thicker in the chest and belly area then Novistar dolls.

I do have tons of Bratz Kidz dolls and clothing and I will try and see if they can share clothing.  ^.^  They seem to be very similar sized dolls.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:30:01 PM by CupeCakeWishes »
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2012, 08:56:56 PM »
I bought one and she would not stand on her stand T-T I also had this problem with one of my La dee das, maybe I'm just dumb with stands lol, but ahhhh Monster High was suppose to be my only other addiction aside from ponies and I got my ponies, MH, La dee das, and now novi star @-@

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
Did someone on this board mention there is a Novi Star message board or discussion or something like that? I swear I saw it on here in a link...but can't find it...

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
Did someone on this board mention there is a Novi Star message board or discussion or something like that? I swear I saw it on here in a link...but can't find it...

Welcome, Cwk123! This is the Novi Stars discussion thread! There are a couple of us that have indulged in the Novi Stars line. I've got two right now, an Una Verse and an Alie Lectric. Please feel free to browse the pages of this thread for pictures and more info :)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »
The urge. It's there. I want Una.
I might get her if I find her after my interview if it goes well. :D

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2012, 09:50:20 AM »

Good luck on your interview aellos! :)

I'm getting the urge to go out and buy Una as well, lol. I poked around at TRU and the toy aisle of my local Target yesterday with hopes getting a glimpse of them, but I haven't seen any sign of these girls in my neck of the woods yet. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll stumble across them so I can make my decision in person.

Damn tiny alien dolls....I was sure I didn't want any of them until I saw how small they were. Now they're adorable. :P

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:27 PM »

I'm getting the urge to go out and buy Una as well, lol. I poked around at TRU and the toy aisle of my local Target yesterday with hopes getting a glimpse of them, but I haven't seen any sign of these girls in my neck of the woods yet. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll stumble across them so I can make my decision in person.

Damn tiny alien dolls....I was sure I didn't want any of them until I saw how small they were. Now they're adorable. :P

I was initially excited for these. Then the lack of articulation and my perceived size of them made me decide not to get them. Now having seen all the gorgeous pics, and a couple in my Target, I'm back into the "maaaybe one or two".

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »

I GOT IT. :D Yaaay.
So of course I treated myself to Una and a fashion pack for her.
Might get pics in a few. :D

I think the size got me too. Would've been creepy if they were big. DX

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »

I GOT IT. :D Yaaay.
So of course I treated myself to Una and a fashion pack for her.
Might get pics in a few. :D

I think the size got me too. Would've been creepy if they were big. DX

Congrats! On both the job and the dolly purchase :)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
Okay, 3 complaints:
1: THE BOX IS STUPID. It's hard to get to her. Is there supposed to be a science to this?
2: Hair is thinly rooted in the back, but I guess it's not too bad because you can brush the hair in the way. She's also got iffy box hair.
3: NO BRUSH DX Thankfully I have craptons of MH brushes. Hehe.

BUT SHE IS SO PRECIOUS. I loove the size. I missed it in the pics, but she has little ringed planets in her eyes. TOO CUTE.
Just...everything about this doll is precious.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal