collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novi stars?  (Read 100108 times)

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Re: Novi stars?
« Reply #1275 on: June 04, 2014, 07:18:07 AM »
I've done a hybrid with Tula on a CAM dragon body (I can show some pics if anyone is interested).  The tail is very easy and fits into the CAM slot just fine, but the wings don't fit by default.  I used some flat magnets to attach the wings and make them removable.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 04, 2014, 07:38:25 AM »
I've done a hybrid with Tula on a CAM dragon body (I can show some pics if anyone is interested).  The tail is very easy and fits into the CAM slot just fine, but the wings don't fit by default.  I used some flat magnets to attach the wings and make them removable.

I'm interested.
I imagine Tula as a sassy gal flying across a city like the one that appeared at the first Star Wars movie... XD But I'm not interested into buying another jointless doll, even if her gimmick is cool  :huh:

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
« Reply #1277 on: June 04, 2014, 10:57:08 AM »
Sure thing!  I took some pictures for you. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's a better picture of the magnet in the back that keeps her wings on:

And a picture of some of my other hybrid girls for fun:

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 04, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
They look so great! But I'm still not convinced to buy Tula. I'll stick with my Una  :P

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 09, 2014, 04:53:26 PM »
Got some spare girls in a lot if anyone is interested- I have Alie and Nita if anyone is interested. They have accessories and pets.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 10, 2014, 05:13:23 AM »
Sure thing!  I took some pictures for you. :)

Wow, I love how you painted the pattern on her arms metallic blue to match the one on her forehead. She looks perfect!

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:38 AM »
Alipes your custom Tula is AMAZING. She really is perfect! :lovey:

This is the internal monologue that has directed my Novi Stars collection thus far:

"I'll just get Una! She's my favorite."
"Hmm, now that I have Una, she's not the most impressive doll ever, I'll just stick with her. No more Novi Stars"
"Ooh, but the other three girls are on clearance for so cheap, at this point it would be a crime not to buy them..."
"Gah, now I've got so many, I've got to get at least the second wave with Malie and Tula when they're on sale! They're so much cooler than the original girls after all. I don't need any others though, like Sila, or those cyborg characters? They're totally weird."
"Ooh, okay, Vera and Mimi are amazing - paying full price for them, totally worth it!"
"And the cyborgs are on sale for so cheap now...might as well grab them too...Yep, I totally love them. Roe and Tilly are wonderful."
"...Now I kinda of neeed Sila and Nita...I mean, really, they belong with their sisters! But that's it! I don't need those Invasion girls; they're pretty, but I don't think they really fit in thematically with the rest of this group."
*literally the day same day I manage to complete this goal of obtaining Sila and Nita for a good price*
"...Crap. I need Ina and Anne, too. What was I thinking before? They're so planetary! And I seriously have every other character, I can't just NOT have them. =_=;"

So yeah, that's where I'm at now. Suddenly I need the Invasion girls, after being certain for months that I wouldn't miss them in my collection, I just needed...all the other characters! Ha. Ha. Haaa. You'd think I would know myself better than this by now.

So that's my new goal. I've only paid full price for three of my Novis (Una, Vera, and Mimi), so I'd really like to not end up paying more than that for Ina and Anne, but since they're so rare now this might not be a feasible goal. I am happy to report that all my others were purchased for at least 50% off the retail price; this is part of the reason I gave in and let myself buy all the others! The first wave in particular was really not worth the asking price, but at 50% off or more, while at the same time becoming cooler and cooler in design, they suddenly became extremely attractive.

I just hope I don't eventually find Ina and Anne and then IMMEDIATELY decide I can't live without Orbit Beach (Why would I need boring alternate versions of the four least interesting characters..?) or the Stellar Skinz! (They don't have inset eyes!! Their eyes are the best things about these dolls, giving them painted eyes is a travesty!!) :P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 12, 2014, 10:15:20 AM »
Yeah- I actually love all of the Novi Stars (problems and all) EXCEPT the Stellar Skins-  they just aren't as special without their fabulous inset eyes.   But I do love that they are clear.... I probably would have bought them if I'd ever seen them on clearance in a store.  Luckily for my overflowing closet, I have not.

I think Ina, Ana and the Cyborgs are my favorites...  oh and Malie Tasker, because she has six limbs!  OH and Tula Toned- so cute that she looks like a little demon!  Ari Roma is pretty cute too with all those bunchy curls and her space helmet

I've managed to avoid all but one of the Orbit Beach dolls, but couldn't resist that awesome hat on Una Verse... visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't love that the dolls aren't jointed at the knees and elbows- but at least (unlike Equestria Girls dolls or various other cute but cheapo lines) the SHAPE of their arms and legs are pleasing- I love their curvy little bodies- I think it adds so much more character- rather than giving them loli-pop arms and legs and hips. 

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:16:52 AM by Galactica »

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:06 AM »
My TRU had Mae Tallick on for $5 so I bought her on a whim, and dangit, now I love this line! There are basically no Novi Stars left in Canada, but what about the US? Are exactly how hard is it to track down Mimi, Mali, and Vera?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:37:06 AM by Catlein »

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 19, 2014, 06:17:42 AM »
My TRU had Mae Tallick on for $5 so I bought her on a whim, and dangit, now I love this line! There are basically no Novi Stars left in Canada, but what about the US? Are exactly how hard is it to track down Mimi, Mali, and Vera?
I'm in NY and I've never seen any of those in stores here. I dont think Mimi and Vera were ever available in my area. All the rest have since been clearanced and are gone. It's really too bad. This line is so cool and quirky.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »

They seem to be gone from the stores now- but there are still a few on Amazon.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 19, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »
Thanks, everybody :) Amazon and I will have to become friends!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 19, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
If you are patient you might find Malie second hand but I don't think Mimi or Vera showed up in the US at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 19, 2014, 10:22:37 PM »

Finally got the girls deboxed and set up in way that I like! I just keep going over to stare at their glittery little eyes and cute details, haha. Nita arrived after I finished the display, and later still I managed to find the Invasion girls for a price I was willing to pay (over retail, but not too much, and sometimes the Collection Gods just demand a sacrifice! :P ), so they're on their way. I have no idea where I'm going to put the three of them, haha.

Oh, I also have a serious need for this guy, called Octogen, from the Secret Pet Pods:

If anyone has one they'd be willing to send my way in exchange for some monies, let me know.  :biggrin:

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #1289 on: June 20, 2014, 09:12:57 AM »
Love your setup, Keelee!  I want Vera Tabray SO bad...I only have one Novi Star right now, but I NEED Vera and Malie.  That's really all I want because I can't do another full collection and three seems like a nice number, lol. 

~Rodan+Fields~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal