collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK Ponycon 2012 - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!  (Read 10805 times)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
Re: UK Ponycon 2012 - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!!
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 02:50:40 AM »
Good luck queen gusty! x

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »
Good luck queen gusty :)

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »
Welp, I didnt pass ;-; So plans in complete disarray now. Smeg it all. The examiner was awful, he made me so nervous that out of three drivng tests I've done this one was by far the worst scoring if you will.

Carrie

Offline Gaspode

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+270)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:51 AM »
Sorry queengusty. It took me ten yrs off and on to pass my driving test and at least 6 tests! So, I feel your pain. Hope u get it figured out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy and avatar!

Follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gaspodesponys
Check out my web store: https://www.gaspodesponies.com

Offline paradise-estate

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • I Heart G1 Ponehs
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2012, 05:29:59 AM »
I haven't booked my tickets yet but i need to know a couple of things as i've tried to look on the websites and the directions aren't too good :( What's the best way to get to the con? I'd have to travel via train, but that would obviously be at Nottingham station. What's the best way to get from the station to the convention itself? Also, what sort of things do you have on the stalls? is it things to sell? Or can it be just your collection displayed/artwork?
Thankies :)

** COLLECTING G1 PONIES FOR MY HERD :D THE MORE THE MERRIER!**
My WANT LIST*~* My gallery of adoptables I've drawn!

Offline Jemofirongate

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
I haven't booked my tickets yet but i need to know a couple of things as i've tried to look on the websites and the directions aren't too good :( What's the best way to get to the con? I'd have to travel via train, but that would obviously be at Nottingham station. What's the best way to get from the station to the convention itself? Also, what sort of things do you have on the stalls? is it things to sell? Or can it be just your collection displayed/artwork?
Thankies :)

Hi Paradise-estate
The nearest station to the Con is actually Long Eaton which is accessible from Nottingham station - if you use the journey planner on www.nationalrail.co.uk you can work out the entire journey from your nearest home station to Long Eaton. You will probably need to get a taxi from Long Eaton to the hotel but I don't think its far so it shouldn't cost too much.

As for the stalls, they are mainly for selling new and vintage MLP items and handmade items and art on a MLP theme. Some people also like to display parts of their collection on their stall for people to look at and this is fine :-)

Hope that helps!

Jem :-)
Most Wanted! Megans Place Accessories, Please PM me if you want to sell :-)

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:58 AM »
We're still deciding things with regards to possible exclusives mercynova, however as soon as somethign is decided we will be announcing it :)

Also, louise, the committee do tell sellers not to sell anything ebfore we offcially open, but obviously on the morning it's a bit of a hectic thing to police. However the official line is not to do it :)

Yeah I noticed this too. I was a seller for the first time last year and there were a lot of other sellers/sellers friends looking around stalls either buying or asking for things to be reserved way before 10am. I felt bad for people waiting outside for the doors to be open at 10am who weren't getting a fair chance.

My stall wasn't even ready before 10am, with two others helping me, how do people find time to do this as well?! D:

LOL
We usually put everything out on the table first and then set them up properly - well... our stall is overcrowded with ponies anyway ;-) so it doesnt matter who is going who.

sparkler xx

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 04:32:44 AM »
We're still deciding things with regards to possible exclusives mercynova, however as soon as somethign is decided we will be announcing it :)

Also, louise, the committee do tell sellers not to sell anything ebfore we offcially open, but obviously on the morning it's a bit of a hectic thing to police. However the official line is not to do it :)

Yeah I noticed this too. I was a seller for the first time last year and there were a lot of other sellers/sellers friends looking around stalls either buying or asking for things to be reserved way before 10am. I felt bad for people waiting outside for the doors to be open at 10am who weren't getting a fair chance.

My stall wasn't even ready before 10am, with two others helping me, how do people find time to do this as well?! D:

I'm never ready either! Or if I am, it's barely. I generally end up not going round the stalls until the first rush has gone, unless I can get one or both of my sisters to help (then I can leave them to it, lol!). I did have someone (or perhaps more than one? Can't remember these things in my old age) ask to buy early last year, but I did say no, and someone nearby did commend me for it and everyone understood :)

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »
So, me and some freidns are flying over from Sweden and was wondering if you can buy traintickets from the airport to nottingham? :) If so do you need to buy them before or can you get them there?

Offline Jemofirongate

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2012, 02:45:56 AM »
So, me and some freidns are flying over from Sweden and was wondering if you can buy traintickets from the airport to nottingham? :) If so do you need to buy them before or can you get them there?

It depends which airport you are flying into - which one is it? some airports also have coach services to major cities but they usually take you into the city centre, but the Con is taking place outside the city of Nottingham

Jemofirongate :-)
Treasurer - UK Ponycon 2012

Offline zzzova

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2012, 05:12:08 AM »

It depends which airport you are flying into - which one is it? some airports also have coach services to major cities but they usually take you into the city centre, but the Con is taking place outside the city of Nottingham

Jemofirongate :-)
Treasurer - UK Ponycon 2012

Oh yeah maybe I should have said wich one xD Anyway: Gatwick! :)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2012, 04:18:35 PM »
I'm farily certain you will be bale to buy your tickets to the con at the airport. However if you'd liek to make doubly sure, it is always cheaper to prebook train tickets online. I know a lot of websites let you do it just two hours before you want to travel so you can book them as you land and then by the time you have your bags, you'll be ready to pick your tickets up and head for the train ^_^

Offline zzzova

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2012, 03:21:20 AM »
I'm farily certain you will be bale to buy your tickets to the con at the airport. However if you'd liek to make doubly sure, it is always cheaper to prebook train tickets online. I know a lot of websites let you do it just two hours before you want to travel so you can book them as you land and then by the time you have your bags, you'll be ready to pick your tickets up and head for the train ^_^

That sounds great, do you know what site we could check out? :)

Offline Jemofirongate

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »

Check out www.nationalrail.co.uk :-)

Offline zzzova

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:06 AM »
Thank you for all the help, Jemofirongate!!  :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal