collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP comic scans: come on in and have some Rump Ice Cream!  (Read 16482 times)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: MLP comic scans: come on in and have some Rump Ice Cream!
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2012, 05:44:14 AM »
We had a request for Cuddles stories earlier, and here one is . . . not from the comics, but from the book "Baby Firefly's Adventure and Other Stories."  Gorgeous book, some of the most beautiful MLP illustrations.

Thanks so much for posting! The illustrations are gorgeous, I'm sure we'll love reading this together!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2012, 07:20:30 AM »
*LOL* I wish I had a more creative story to share, but really I narrowed my choices down to the two weirdest stories and tossed a coin to choose between them. :D

Oh shoot, I was sure the explanation would involve the coin landing on its side or something!   :happy:

And...OH MY GOD, LadyMoondancer, you have done an AMAZING thing by scanning that Cuddles story. I HAD that book as a little girl, but I couldn't remember the name or anything and kinda thought I had dreamed the whole thing up! For some reason I started thinking about the book every single day for the past few weeks. I was going to make a thread about it asking if it was real, and then you go and post this! *This* was one of the stories I still remember. Is "Baby Firefly's Adventure" about a nightmare involving a lightning storm? I *vaguely* remember a story like that. And is the last page or back cover a poem about the Sea Ponies? PLEASE tell me you're going to scan this whole book! I loved it so much. The art was spectacular!

Oh wow, talk about serendipity!  Yes, actually I was up late last night putting "Baby Firefly's Adventure" (it does indeed involve a lightning storm) in my Tumblr queue!  It will post tomorrow, Thursday.

And since you seem to be the authority on MLP books (at least from reading this thread!), do you happen to have/know about a book about Posey going on a scavenger hunt on her birthday? I had that one as well, I swear. And I think it had lovely art too. EDIT: I found it! "My Little Pony and the Mystery Chase".

Oh yes, that one is reeeally cute too.   For some reason I love the picture of the brush Posey gets as a gift.  Its bristles look so nice and soft.   :inlove:

Thanks so much for posting! The illustrations are gorgeous, I'm sure we'll love reading this together!

You are very welcome! :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Mystagic, I found scans of all those books as sub-albums in this Photobucket account.

Mystagic, I've been meaning to ask . . . how on earth did you flip a coin to decide between four stories?
Flipping the coin twice would have worked.  Just have to remember which choice is heads-heads, which one is heads-tails, which one is tails-heads, and which is tails-tails...

Offline EStRanger

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »
Mystagic, I found scans of all those books as sub-albums in this Photobucket account.
*Snip*
Flipping the coin twice would have worked.  Just have to remember which choice is heads-heads, which one is heads-tails, which one is tails-heads, and which is tails-tails...

Thank you for that link! I must be missing something (very possible since I just woke up). I'm only finding pics of toys and toy inserts in that album. But I'm ALSO finding some great pics of merchandise I had and had forgotten about, so it's win-win! :D

And that coin trick would have been the smart way to do it, but you hit the nail on the head--I'd never remember what was supposed to be what without writing it down, and then I'd still get it wrong. XD
Don't look for me!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2012, 01:20:41 PM »
Okay the Cuddles story was super cute!  And now I want little pony dollies for all of my baby ponies.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 04, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
You have books too?  Do you have the Castle of Darkness or the Cross Weather Witch?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline EStRanger

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
Argh, the site went down when I was trying to edit my earlier reply and ate the half that was for LadyM, so let me type that up again. *Sigh* Now I've forgotten half of it, I'm sure.

I'm so glad you'll be putting up more of the book! I just love the pony art. And it's good to know my memory isn't THAT full of holes. ;) I don't know how I remember so much of a book I owned  twenty years ago, but can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. :P~

I do recall Posey's brush! I thought the same thing about it. :) My mother had a hairbrush that *looked* similar, but when I tried using it, it was NOT soft, haha. I was so disappointed.

Thank you again for posting these!

I agree, scarletjul. I want to go into my sewing tub and make little miniature pony dollies now. :D I loved the mini-dolls that came with Baby Pony Wear.
Don't look for me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
I think thats breyer600s album of images.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »
Yep, that's my Photobucket album.  If you look off on the right side, the individual books have their own sub-albums listed.  It looks like I never uploaded The Magic Rainbow, but all my others are in there.  Enjoy!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »
Breyer600!  I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but I uploaded "Glory the Magic Unicorn" to Youtube using that soundtrack you sent me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkZ_8UVXSA

You have books too?  Do you have the Castle of Darkness or the Cross Weather Witch?

I sure do!  But I saw a book on eBay UK that I didn't have a while ago.  It had Powder on the front in a snowstorm.  Anyone know what book that would be?   I forgot to bid, aaaargh!

I'm also on the outlook for a book starring Streaky / Rainbow Rider.  Don't recall the title.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:28:28 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline EStRanger

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »
Yep, that's my Photobucket album.  If you look off on the right side, the individual books have their own sub-albums listed.  It looks like I never uploaded The Magic Rainbow, but all my others are in there.  Enjoy!

That helps a lot! I had to reload the page for it to appear, and I knew where to look when it did. :) Thanks!

Oh, wow, I was right about the end of the book being poetry about the Sea Ponies! I must have really loved this book to remember so much years later. I'm going to have to get this title again.

LadyM, I don't recall a book with Powder in a snowstorm (maybe it was an Escape from Catrina picture book? I remember Powder getting caught in a snowstorm in that special...or maybe Hasbro just recycled that bit of story for a different book *LOL*), but as to the other one...was it Rainbow Rider's Birthday Adventure? I know the cover had her looking through a rainbow telescope.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:45:17 PM by Mystagic »
Don't look for me!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
Yes, I think that was it!  I am always on the lookout for it.

Oh, I searched finished auctions and found a picture of the other book.  I have a feeling it might be UK only . . . ?

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2012, 05:09:01 PM »
Breyer600!  I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but I uploaded "Glory the Magic Unicorn" to Youtube using that soundtrack you sent me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQkZ_8UVXSA

Yes, I saw it but didn't have time to reply at the time.  You did a fantastic job! :D

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
Just posted "Baby Firefly's Adventure."

I love their little beds!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
Baby Firefly must have the same built in radar I do.  I'll wake up from a storm related dream and there will be storms heading in from a couple counties away.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal