collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?  (Read 17236 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Is anyone actually excited about La Dee Das?
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
I WANT their clothes!!!!! I hope they'll fit my Dals! But at least it seems they'll fit MH!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 12:20:33 PM »
i was never a fan of Liv dolls....but im probably the only one who thinks they look a bit like a drag-queen  :lookround:

i am excited about this set -- and if they fit MH okay, they should fit Dals...at least some of the bits or outfits :D

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »
I was actually so disappointed at first since they were too small for Livs to be a good body donor but I am starting to think a 23 or 21 cm Obitsu or a Dal body might work.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Dibbles

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
i was never a fan of Liv dolls....but im probably the only one who thinks they look a bit like a drag-queen  :lookround:

i am excited about this set -- and if they fit MH okay, they should fit Dals...at least some of the bits or outfits :D

I just never really liked the eyes on Livs. I thought they were creepy.

papier

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 07:33:12 AM »
I personally think the reason Livs didn't do well had more to do with that they were kind of "ordinary" if you know what I mean. That's why the Moxie Teenz also didn't do well since they were rather "ordinary" too. The Monster High dolls, even if you take away the monster references, are still colorful fantasy dolls. If you notice the other companies have taken notice and are trying things that are more out there. La Dee Da, Cutie Pops, Bratzillaz, and Novi Starz are all very imaginative and I can see them doing better than Livs or Moxie Teenz or even the regular Bratz. "Ordinary" is just not in anymore.

Agreed. There are so many attention-grabbing dolls out at the moment that something very basic like Liv just couldn't compete. Whenever I go to TRU, the Monster High section is different every time, and always messy. In other words, the stock moves very quickly and kids rifle through that stuff because it grabs their attention.

The Liv section is smaller, and not in the customer eye line (they're not on clearance here yet, but I imagine they soon will be). The dolls on display have been the same every time I go there - very neat, never touched. You need more than just high-level articulation in order to make a great doll that sells, the same way a video game needs more than just amazing graphics. That's why I'm not too upset that LDDs don't have loads of articulation. It would be nice, but they're cute enough to be interesting without it.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 11:29:40 AM »
They kind of look like the Yummi land dolls sold a while back by MGA - those little dolls that were inside little bottles. Kinda have a similar look to them.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Repulsive333

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
They kind of look like the Yummi land dolls sold a while back by MGA - those little dolls that were inside little bottles. Kinda have a similar look to them.

I agree. I collect Yummi Land dolls and they DEFINITELY remind me of them

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »

They totally reminded me of them too! I used to have Katie Cottoncandy, if I remember correctly. She was from the uhh.. let me try to remember.. Candy pop girls? I always wanted the one that smelled like bananas. They're just so cute~

Do they still sell these?

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
It's like a Bratz doll a Lalaloopsie and a Monster High doll all had a mutant baby and  behold, LaDeeDas.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Repulsive333

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 03:13:12 PM »

They totally reminded me of them too! I used to have Katie Cottoncandy, if I remember correctly. She was from the uhh.. let me try to remember.. Candy pop girls? I always wanted the one that smelled like bananas. They're just so cute~

Yummi land dolls stopped being made in like 2009-10 or so. I believe. I have about 7 of them clothed and 2-3 nude.
(i have been trying to sell the nude girls for quite some time)

Offline Tiffoes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 03:18:21 PM »

Yummi land dolls stopped being made in like 2009-10 or so. I believe. I have about 7 of them clothed and 2-3 nude.
(i have been trying to sell the nude girls for quite some time)

Oh I had no idea! I remember seeing them in ONE store for a very little time. I wanted a lot of them, but they were a bit expensive. Thanks for informing me.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »
Someone posted a comparison picture on Flickr. There isn't a Dal but there are lots of other dolls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59582287@N06/7363491948/

I still kinda hope Dal bodies work since people tend to sell them off rather cheaply when they replace them with Obitsu bodies. Obitsu bodies might be better than Dal bodies at posing but even the Dal bodies are better at posing than the default bodies.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:15:05 PM by Wardah »

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
My signature Dee arrived today! My fabulous doll bestie (Veni Vidi Dolli) snagged an extra and sent her along to me. They really are gorgeous, although I was expecting something a bit smaller. I don't know why, because I saw her pics lol.

In any case, I really love her, and I can't wait to get the rest! I'm hoping to do a mass toy/dolly photo shoot tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get something worth posting :P

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:55 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have a Dal to help me confirm my suspicions would you?

Av by Moonflower.

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
You wouldn't happen to have a Dal to help me confirm my suspicions would you?

No, unfortunately. I've never been able to justify spending that kind of money on dolls that seem to have so many problems out of box. I've been tempted, because they're so pretty, but never gave in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal