collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teach me: Pullip Regeneration...  (Read 1822 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Teach me: Pullip Regeneration...
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:32:05 AM »
So every so often I drool all over Pullips and like the way I am I drool for quite a while and then I find one I can't ignore and I HAVE TO HAVE IT!

I've seen some that came through the years that I just gushed over...then would cry when the ability to buy was crushed or the prices so inflated on ebay that there was no way it was going to happen.

Then I saw the Pullip Regeneration series and went...OMG! They are re-releasing dolls and people like me could have a dream doll that would have been unthinkable.

But....I don't know much about this series and hoping the fine Pullip gurus here can help me.

I can't find a current list of proposed dolls coming out and I've seen really old threads about Jun taking votes on the dolls...but no word on what won.

I've heard the bodies are different and a couple small things changed...can someone explain this to me?

If that read kind of all over the place...it's because it is...cause the bunny in my brain doesn't sit still today ^_^

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Teach me: Pullip Regeneration...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:48 AM »
The Regens are on Type 4 bodies and have the larger pupil eyes the Type 4s have. For some reason they made Moon's face shiny like it was originally (everybody said that's the part they could have changed, lol)

So far they have come out/ coming out with Anne, Alice, Fanatica, Moon and Noir. I haven't heard who else is coming out next though a lot of people are predicting Papin, Paja and Princi (love the Ps!).

Collaborations like the H. Naoto ones are not going to be Regens due to licensing fees and such.

creampuf

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:22:50 AM »
So like Kirakishou may not be part of the series then?

Lon-san

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 08:47:41 AM »
Wow! That's pretty awsome. I'll be interessted to see side by side comparisons.

So like Kirakishou may not be part of the series then?

Eeeee...I doubt that. They'd have to pay the Rozen Maiden copyright owners again. Though...I wonder how much they had to pay Lucy Maud Montgomery's estate to make Anne. There's piles of Anne merch being made so it's probably a lot less than for RM characters.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
the Regeneration will probably be the only way i will afford Alice MIB.

I can totally see Princi, Paja and Papin...maybe Panda too

kaninchen

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 02:16:21 PM »
also worth noting: the regens are limited.

less worth noting but i'll take any opportunity to grouse: a fair few long time collectors are displeased with the whole thing.

Offline klein

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Dolls & Ponies oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Pullipsandjunk
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
One of the European dealers Suemomo, mentioned that Groove had said there would not be any regeneration versions of collaboration presumably because of licensing issues. There was a poll about which dolls people would like to see get a regeneration release of on Groove's facebook a couple months back, the top five results were  Leprotto, Paja, Noir (has since been announced as a release), Prunella and Kirakishou; it's worth noting that Prunella and Kirakishou are both collabs so they will probably not be getting released the next two most popular were Nina and Veritas.

Here's a pic of my regen Alice for you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also side by side of her versus the original Fantastic Alice so you can get an idea of what the new vs old releases look like

creampuf

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
This is amazing info! Thank you everyone.

I think the regen Alice looks amazing.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 07:54:18 AM »
I'm definitely interested in a few of the Regens...I'd like to have Alice and Noir eventually.   

~Rodan+Fields~

Tagi

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 09:38:22 AM »
less worth noting but i'll take any opportunity to grouse: a fair few long time collectors are displeased with the whole thing.

I thought I wouldn't mind, but when they released pictures of Moon and they were just so darned similar...I admit I was annoyed. I spent a fair amount of money and time searching when I found my Moon second hand. And now people can just..get one. Not exactly the same but close enough it will not be immediately obvious to anyone but die hard collectors.

And what is annoying me the absolute most, is that if they end up doing a Paja or Street, I know I'll be a little tempted. LOL.

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »
Tagi, would feel the same if they did leprotto. Took me forever to get her! I really don't want the limited girls to be regen'd. On a positive note type 4 bodies are a huge improvement and I'm happy to have regen Fan as the orginal had super fragile stock. Regens are great as long as they dont room thr specialness of the limiteds, I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal