collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89601 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 7 Challenge pg 77!!
« Reply #1230 on: August 09, 2012, 03:26:04 PM »
Ugh. I got my exercise in yesterday, but after that I was just feeling drained. I went up to bed at 9:15 p.m., which is 2 hours earlier than usual. Today I'm still feeling pretty wiped and hubbs is the same. I think the fact that we have no money and can't do anything has caused us to just feel emotionally hammered, which is manifesting itself in a physical sense.

I did just take a shower, which helped a bit. Woke me up a tad and made me feel more awake. As soon as I lay down to watch more anime I'll crap out again. Ha ha. Kind of want to hit Taco Hell for some din-din. We went shopping, but we didn't buy much because of the money issue. Oh! I have potatoes in the pantry.  :cool:  I'll make Wifey's Famous Whipped Potatoes for dinner!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 09, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
OK.... so I just had to log in to give you all waaaaay too much information... but dang... I am sweating like a pig - and proud of it!!!

My skipping is still tough, but it's getting a little easier... and it is AMAZING how much easier it is to do without kids around!!! My mum has taken the little beasts for the night which means I have some blessed quiet around here. Well... today I got serious... I hauled out an old sports bra that I haven't worn in ages (and still fits, thank god!) and I got skipping along with my toning exercises - wheeee!!!

I cranked some music, and the random playlist totally suited - I got some kiwi Rhombus, busting Beastie Boys, my pal Mr. Hendrix screamed on his guitar, and then I flopped on the floor and rested whilst a nice wee Irish instrumental soothed the heart rate  ^.^  And now Fat Freddies is doing his cruisy thing.

Hope everyone is doing well, and you're hanging in there Surfstar  :hug:

Off for a shower (and then to curb the urge to sit back with some delicious summery drink - it's working up a sweat I'm sure that's making me think Vodka and lime!!  :P)

MUST BEHAVE!!!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 10, 2012, 02:00:18 AM »
I have completely dropped the ball on this one and I was doing so well.  :huh:

Work is just stressing me the hell out and I'm looking for a new job, but I've let everything else slip. I was quite ill for a couple of weeks and started eating chocolate again, but with work I am just wanting to comfort eat constantly so I'm trying hard to stop. I think when I am less stressed about work, I'll be able to stop the cravings.

I'm still working out twice a week and I do still try to keep bread to one meal a day, but that's about as good as it's going! I'm aiming to refocus this weekend and I plan to do lots of things (pampering, room tidying as that has also gone by the by) to try and help me feel better!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 10, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »
Probs too much info but new painkillers = severe stoppage in the digestion department. I feel like a balloon...I have some super-strength stuff which is supposed to help get everything going but I can't take it all the time as I have other problems....(yes IBS I'm looking at you <_< ) So I'm kind of not eating much at all at the moment, kind of a good thing I guess if I'm trying to loose weight but not the healthiest way to do it :(

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1234 on: August 10, 2012, 09:10:57 AM »
I hit a slump too. I have been fighting head achs for a few days. I get so drained from them. My audition is this monday! I am supper excited and totally nervous. I know we all go through set back everyone does. Even the professionals have an oops time now and again. But most of us are pointing it out...and that right there is a start of understanding the process. I want to eat all the time when I have head achs...well I found to have some greek yogurt and tea for me....and it helps. I eat and drink but not feel as I have gained or anything. Keeping track of my numbers.....looking a little binary as it was once posted...but I will get my life back once this audition is over:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 10, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
I went to my final assessment today.. wow, the hospital grounds are huge!! But Rivendell itself looks quite nice.. it's not bad, the rooms are quite homely and we can personalise our space.

The rules are horribly strict, though. You can only have 3 food 'dislikes' which you won't be given, have to use spreads on bread, you have to scrape your plate at every meal, bathrooms are locked, not allowed in the kitchen unless you're on the green table (unsupervised one).. it goes on :yikes:

I'm being tubed again to start with once I'm there, which will probably be Wednesday, and then eventually should progress onto solid food. The Dr really scared me when she said they have to restrain the two girls they have on tube :0 luckily I've been tubed 8 times already so they don't need measures like that bc I'm fine with it. ^.^

I'm really, really scared about the prospect of gaining weight, and it's definitely not going to be an easy ride. I'll have a lot less freedom and control than I did in the hospital, and it is hours away from home (my friends and support).. but I am hoping that at the end of this scary journey I'll be able to handle things better, and that maybe I'll be able to start getting my life back. I might even make some friends.. :]

SurfStar, I will PM the address of the unit if that's easier for you.. I'll be there for 6 weeks minimum, possibly extending to 8-10 weeks if my progress isn't as much as they'd like. I'm trying to get out as quickly as poss! Failing that, my parents can bring things up on my eventual 'leave' days.

I don't know whether this means I'll have to drop out of Healthy Habits, as I really won't be getting a choice - it'll be 2 point days every day with the regime!! And I can't keep track of that.

But whenever I can get online (probs using my phone) I'll try my best to update everyone, and I'm wishing everyone the very best of luck. I know you all have the courage to do this. I'll still be around up until Weds. <3
Fight like a girl..

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1236 on: August 10, 2012, 01:02:33 PM »
Surf Starrrrr D; I can't even believe that :cry: I am so sorry sweetie, words can't even begin! We are all here for you, darling! :heart: You didn't deserve that at all! You are such a kind, sweet soul :heart: My thoughts and prayers are with you! :heart:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 10, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
I'm really depressed at how out of shape I am still. I've been putting in as much effort as I have the time and energy for, it's just going so slow. I could barely walk a mile when I got here, and now I can walk at least 4, but even my little 11 year old cousin finds a walk like that super easy whereas I get so tired from it. She rubs it in a lot too which is annoying. Like I was saying last post, I just don't have enough time to walk 4 miles every single day, but I know if I did then I would make progress faster. There's got to be a way to get the same level of exercise every day without taking so much time :(

Brightside- I'm glad to see you going to the hospital and I wish you lots of good luck! I think you can stay in healthy habits, because even though you won't have the choice to be unhealthy there, they're still coaching you to become healthy which is all any of us is trying to do for ourselves anyway.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #1238 on: August 10, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
So much for daily updates xD Still, I've been doing great for the past few days with food and exercise. I've been outside waging war on the garden so I haven't been interested in junk food ^_^

Doing great candy_bang:) i know i wanted things to be fast but sometimes they cant.....no matter what in life your health comes first:)
[...]
2 points on sat and sun. Sat ate well and did just dance wii in heels....i know it sounds silly...but my musical audition is a week from today!!!!!
Thanks, you are right. Good luck with your audition!

Rhini: big hugs for you. That first step is a big one and I hope things work out for you :)

BrightSide: thanks a lot for your support sweetie ^_^ If exercising isn't giving you highs any more is that helping persuade you to slow it down at all? Ooh, ballet  ^.^ I'm sure it will be great this time around. Have fun ^_^

LeighAnnApanites: thanks you, I shall certainly try :)
"My daughter slept really late today and I managed to get up before her (nearly unprecedented!) and had time to work out, which makes me feel strong and sexy. I've eaten really great so far today and I feel awesome! I just don't understand why I resist so hard doing things that feel great. If I could figure that out, my entire life would change for the better in gigantic ways."
This. Exactly.
Hugs right back :)

SurfStar:  :tackleglomp: Here if you need an ear to rant/cry at, or if you want to talk nonsense/ponies.

BrightSide: I'm glad Rivendell looks nice and you can make your room a bit more homely. The rules seem plentiful, but they are there to help you, and hopefully they'll become second nature soon :)
Good luck with the tube, that thing scares me  :yikes:
We're all here for you during your journey and don't forget that everything uncomfortable will help you get better. I'm sure you will grow as a person and start getting your life back ^_^ Oh. And there are positives to being a healthier weight. I don't know if this applies to you, but it's AMAZING having enough flesh on my butt that it doesn't hurt to sit for any length of time  :P I used to wriggle like a hyper puppy whenever I had to sit down  :lol:
I think if you have to have 2point days, then you're earning the 2 points, so it still works? Best of luck to you!  :good:

Whoops, yeah, like LemonTwist says Brighty :)
Stick in there LemonTwist. Maybe try a few minutes here and there doing something that gets you out of breath until your stamina improves? Skipping, dancing, using a hula hoop, that sort of thing?
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1239 on: August 10, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »
lemontwist - have you tried adding light weights? I have 1lb, 5lb and 10lb ankle and wrist weights. When I take walks or want to give myself a boost I strap those on. It will help build up muscels and your stamina. It will also help you make a small walk into what feels like a long walk. I would use them at work as my pants would cover them up. I would wear them for an hour or so...and took them off as I got tired. I would progress till I could wear them all day.

We all want things to go faster...I know I do...but loosing fast can also result to gaining fast. In drastic changes many of us get excited and think we can go back to our normal lives...and then we are back to were we started or worse. Yup things are not progressing very fast but in the long run they will last.

Brightside:) I hope you can take a pony with you:) We will look forward to any updates you can give us. You do not have to post everyday to get points...and if you are following what your plan is to gain those points you deserve them. Above all you are still doing something healthy for yourself and that in itself is a point for everyone:) From someone who has some *cough* curves having a little weight is very beautiful. For 2 years in a row our Miss America's had some love hadles and pudge and they were stunning:) You are a stunning too:) No matter the changes your body takes:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: August 10, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Thank you all <3 It means a lot.. it honestly does. :lovey:

I am taking a pony, Crowning_Glory! XD Tinks the plushie is coming with me, I can't sleep at all without her.. it saddens me that I have to seperate her from plushie Pinkie (they seem to have grown rather close) but maybe my kitty will keep her company in my absence. :(

I'm actually very grateful they're letting me have the tube first, I know it may sound strange but as someone who knows only too well what happens when you start a food plan after restricting for so long.. :X I'd rather they get my stomach a bit settled and prepared and my brain functional with it being unconscious (not having to chew and swallow) before throwing me into the hardest part.

It's going to be a lot tougher this time around, but I don't want to die.. it's the only route to abtaining the future I've worked so hard for, what I breathe for. I'm ready to fight. ^.^
Fight like a girl..

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1241 on: August 10, 2012, 03:27:43 PM »
:HUG:  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:   You're gonna be just fine, BrightSide.  You fight, and you win.  We'll be here when you get back, and cheering for you all the way.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: August 10, 2012, 03:30:49 PM »
Yay group hugs for everyone!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Seems a lot of people are having a crappy time at the mo. More hugs needed.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: August 10, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »
im actully doing really well hve only had 3 sodas in the past 3 weeks

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 10, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
 :hug: group hugs to everyone! :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal