collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Displaying ponies in light?  (Read 865 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
Displaying ponies in light?
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
I recently got to clean off some shelves in my room, and one of them is by the windows. I have the blinds pulled all the time, but sunlight still gets in. It's dim, though, and all the things I had lying there before never had sun damage.

Is it safe to put my ponies there, or should I still worry about them getting sun damage even in weak light?

Thanks ^^

-OctoberFlash
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying ponies in light?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »
I don't know in general, but the "fading pink" hair is very photosensitive, more than I would have expected even given it's nickname (just recently accidentally faded some that wasn't covered as well as I'd thought). If you have any with that hair, I'd avoid putting it anywhere near the window.

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
I don't know in general, but the "fading pink" hair is very photosensitive, more than I would have expected even given it's nickname (just recently accidentally faded some that wasn't covered as well as I'd thought). If you have any with that hair, I'd avoid putting it anywhere near the window.

Aah, I see. I didn't realize the fading pink hair faded in sunlight, I thought it just faded over time. Thankfully I don't have any with fading pink hair, but that's totally good to know, thanks :3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
I would mostly worry about the fading pink hair, but the bit of light that comes through your blinds and curtain shouldn't be THAT big of a deal unless you're planning to leave everything in there exactly as is for months and months.  Myself, I play in my pony room and move stuff around all the time.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline OctoberFlash

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »
I would mostly worry about the fading pink hair, but the bit of light that comes through your blinds and curtain shouldn't be THAT big of a deal unless you're planning to leave everything in there exactly as is for months and months.  Myself, I play in my pony room and move stuff around all the time.

yay!

lol, I do the same thing! xD I love to move and rearrange my ponies, brush them, and other random stuff xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
Yes as LBS says - worry about any kind of light near "fading pink" hair but general fading as long as its not direct and intense you should be fine...yes, over time even the faintest light will cause damage but just move the ponies around - dont always have the same pony in the same place in the same light all the time and I think you should be fine.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:31:50 AM »
You might want to be careful with white ponies though as they sometimes yellow or go cream coloured.

This shouldn't effect you but for anyone else who keep ponies in direct sunlight, pony hair can go brittle this way. I bought Gypsy at a flea market and she was so faded that her hair had almost entirely fallen out. We're talking maybe 15 plugs of hair left, half it's length and you couldn't touch it without more coming out.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal