collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trade Problem with Moonstorm  (Read 2965 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Trade Problem with Moonstorm
« on: June 01, 2012, 12:19:16 PM »
I really didn't want to start this thread, because honestly, I don't like confrontation and also because I didn't want to falsely accuse anyone of anything, but I think at this point, I don't have much choice. Just in case I have indeed been scammed like I now think I have, I wanted to warn others and hopefully prevent this from happening to other members.

Way back towards the end of February, I got a PM from Moonstorm asking if I'd trade some of my blind bag figures I had listed in my trade topic (I had a bunch of them back then) for a Rainbow Dash with bangs or a G4 Star Swirl. I was thrilled since I was just getting over the flu at the time and could have used good news and Star Swirl was my grail (still is) so I said I wanted Star Swirl. So Moonstorm messaged me back, saying that the set with Star Swirl cost $24 and wanted to be sure the trade was fair, so I offered 8 blind bags for her and asked which ones she wanted. She picked out nine, but said I could choose which of the last two to send since she couldn't decide. I was so happy I'd be getting Star Swirl at the time, that I just ended up throwing all nine in the bubble mailer to send out. I sent out the package on March 3rd and Moonstorm claimed to have shipped my package on the 5th.

So on March 28th, I decided to send Moonstorm a PM since neither of us had received our packages at this point, and I had figured out that the customs declaration number could be entered into the USPS tracking site and be tracked until it left the country and asked if there was something like that in Belgium. The tracking at the time showed it left Chicago for Belgium on March 4th. Moonstorm claimed they didn't have any kind of tracking system and while I don't know how true that is, I accepted it at the time and just kept waiting and hoping the packages would show. I knew it didn't seem possible that both of our packages would go missing, but I was still really worried. I'd done several international trades before and never had any problems with packages not showing or even taking longer than 2 weeks.

So towards the end of April, I sent another PM to Moonstorm asking if she got my package yet and to let her know that I still haven't received mine. I also asked for the customs declaration number from the package (which should be on the receipt) so I could try and track it to see if it ever arrived in the US. On April 25th, I got a PM back saying she did get the package several days ago and it was heavily damaged. She then said that they don't have customs declaration numbers, but said she'd try to find the receipt.

So there were a few things at this point that made me really suspicious. First off, at this point, it had been like two months since the packages were shipped and she knew I was freaking out about my package not showing up, so why wait until several days later to tell me it arrived? Then, if it was "heavily damaged" like she claimed, why not go into more detail about how it was damaged or even take pics to prove it? I know I would have. It just seemed off since I shipped in one of those really strong plastic bubble mailers. I ship in those all the time (and receive lots of packages in them) and I've never seen them rip open at all. And while I really didn't believe that she wouldn't have to fill out a customs declaration form (I've never gotten a package from outside the US without one) I couldn't really prove otherwise at the time so I dropped it. But like a week later, I received a PS3 game I ordered from a site called Zavvi and it was shipped from Belgium and had a customs declaration form on the package. So that proved that they did use them.

On May 2nd, once again, I sent Moonstorm another PM and said I'd really feel better about the whole thing if she would just show some proof that she held up her end of the trade. Her response, instead of proving anything, was to say she never filled out any customs forms and instead listed a few members she'd done transactions with and said I could ask them if they had them on their packages. I was getting tired of the excuses and avoidance of showing any proof at this point, so I had a mod (I had been in contact with a mod for advice on how to handle this from about the 8 week mark) contact her and ask for proof. She still didn't submit any proof so I was advised to start this topic.

At this point, it's now been 3 months. I'm now out the cost of the 9 blind bags and the $6 I paid for shipping. And worst of all, I'm out my grail, Star Swirl. I'll probably never get her now because besides her no longer being in stores (or at least not as common as she was) I can't afford to pay another $25-30 for another one, because at that point, I'd have put too much money into getting Star Swirl and I can't justify spending more than $25 on a single pony. I'd never completely given up hope that she might arrive until I had to write this, but now after going over the whole thing again, I'm positive she won't show up now which is making me feel like crying, so I guess this is all I can write for now.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Trade Problem with Moonstorm
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »

Oh, sweetheart.  :hug:

I'm so sorry this happened to you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
I'm sorry this happened to you! Some customs folks will open packages and check their contents so it's possible that the package arrived looking a little shoddy through no fault of your own.  But I think if the package was damaged they would have messaged you immediately.  Not to mention it's just polite to let people know if you get a chance so they aren't worried.

To my knowledge everything going out of ones own country needs a customs form.  Otherwise it should have been returned to her undeliverable since the proper postage was not filled out.  I know military addresses in your own country often require them as well.  I agree it does seem shady if she is not willing to provide any evidence that she sent the package.

If she is telling the truth the hope I can see is if customs sent it back to her as undeliverable and it's just been sitting at the post office.  But I am inclined to agree it appears that she never sent. :hug: Poor thing!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
The only time we don't use customs labels is if it's to another EU country. Anywhere else, it'll need a custom sticker regardless of country of origin (for tax purposes mostly, I imagine)

Also, being the recipient of many a bubble envelope in my time, it is really hard to damage those puppies. It's hard enough getting into the flipping things.

If she sent it surface mail it may explain the time - the UK delivery aim is 56 days. Doesn't explain the crummyness though.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »
So sorry, I wish I had a Star Swirl to give you :( Even if this person had sent the package, this person clearly has no business doing any business because they can't handle the communication and support a buyer/trader needs.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear what's going on. *hugs*

Just for the customs proof - we have customforms in Germany as well - but they aren't numbered like the US customforms..
But anyway - that isn't the point... I really hope you both can find a way to work that out.
Maybe it's an idea to ask her for a refund? Maby for half of your feez? So she has no proof of shipping or anything else - it would be just faire to share your costs at least half way... but this is just my opinion..

About Star Swirl. The Rarity + Bonus Star Swirl Set is still available in a few stores in Germany - I saw it the last time for 9.- Euros what is $11-12 - when I'm able to get one of these set I'm happy to gae it to you. I would only need the money for the ponies back - but would ship for free to you. :)
Also I will keep an eye out for a loose one at the fleat marked - last time I saw one but I didn't buy it.. now I know it was a fault..
Let me know if that is an option for you - as I told before - shipping would be free for you to keep your costs down.

**Hugs**

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 01:59:06 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry you are going through this! :( *hugs* that's just not fair! :( xxx

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear what's going on. *hugs*

Just for the customs proof - we have customforms in Germany as well - but they aren't numbered like the US customforms..
But anyway - that isn't the point... I really hope you both can find a way to work that out.
Maybe it's an idea to ask her for a refund? Maby for half of your feez? So she has no proof of shipping or anything else - it would be just faire to share your costs at least half way... but this is just my opinion..

About Star Swirl. The Rarity + Bonus Star Swirl Set is still available in a few stores in Germany - I saw it the last time for 9.- Euros what is $11-12 - when I'm able to get one of these set I'm happy to gae it to you. I would only need the money for the ponies back - but would ship for free to you. :)
Also I will keep an eye out for a loose one at the fleat marked - last time I saw one but I didn't buy it.. now I know it was a fault..
Let me know if that is an option for you - as I told before - shipping would be free for you to keep your costs down.

**Hugs**

I don't think a refund would even be possible. I do have a PayPal account, but I just use it to make payments using a credit card or debit card. Since it's not hooked to a bank account, I'm pretty sure I can't receive any money.

It's good to know that Star Swirl is still available somewhere and she's not nearly as expensive as I thought. I could manage to pay $12 for her, no problem. If you could get one for me, that would be awesome. I will say, I am kind of picky, especially with all the G4 factory errors. I mostly want to be sure her eyes are properly on the indents in the head mold (not printed above or below the indents, etc.) and that there are no paint smudges. She can even be opened to save on shipping since I don't collect MIB anyway.

Sternenstaub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
I will do my best to get you one. But give me a few days. :)

The set was expensiver when it came out - it was at 15,- or 16,- Euros - that is around $20 at the moment - and the Euro is down since month..so  I guess Moonstorm was right when she asked $24 for her - also there can be a slight difference in prices also in Europe. ;)
But at the marked where I saw teh set they started to reduce them lately. :)
I really hope I still can get you one.

Hm I'm not sure if you can receive money or not. It was just an option I thought about. But when Moonstorm will work with you together there will be always a way to refund you. ;)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
Good news in a small dose. You can receive money on a PayPal account not hooked up to a bank account. I have done so recently with an account I created to collect money for a charity function at a convention I attend yearly.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:59:39 PM »
Thank you for posting this Shortyboo , I know it wasnt easy for you :hug:  Its such a shame that Moonstorm didnt show you  any proof of shipping  :sad: . Its true that there possibly wouldnt be a customs number on the packet (it works different in europe to the US) , but there would certainly have been a customs form/sticker on the parcel , and there would have been a post office receipt as well  :awake:  she claims to have shipped more than one parcel out at the same time, but neither have arrived. If she lost her PO receipt, rather than saying she will show you the proof of posting but then never getting back to you , she should have been honest about it. Since she got her parcel from you , it would only have been fair for her to have been willing to work things out with you when you didnt get your parcel from her - either by refunding half the money, or by sending you something else to that value. 
I hope that she really did post the parcels , but with no evidence and no communication, as well as keeping you waiting such a long time , there was really no other choice but to make this thread in the hopes that it will move Moonstorm to resolving this .

Thank you Stern for offering to help Shortyboo get her grail  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
I bought a Rainbow Flash and Star Swirl from her, which I believe was shipped on the same day, and it hasn't arrived. I read something about a postal strike in Belgium on the USPS, but it's strange that you got a package shipped from Belgium after your ponies were sent out.

The cost of both of my ponies plus the overseas shipping was really expensive...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
Hope that you are able to get some resolution!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 01:06:55 AM »
I bought a Rainbow Flash and Star Swirl from her, which I believe was shipped on the same day, and it hasn't arrived. I read something about a postal strike in Belgium on the USPS, but it's strange that you got a package shipped from Belgium after your ponies were sent out.

The cost of both of my ponies plus the overseas shipping was really expensive...

Didn't she offer ShortyBoo a Rainbow Dash OR a Star Swirl? I hope they're not the same ones.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 07:23:53 AM »
I'm so sorry that now two people are having problems from her!  I understand the disappointment involved with not receiving a much wanted pony. But yes, you can receive money through paypal without a bank account set up. It would just stay in paypal and no way to transfer it, but you can still use it to pay someone with. If she is unwilling to send you the shipping proff than I would ask for a refund to cover your cost of blind bags that she did receive. I recently sold a pony to a buyer in Germany that they claimed to never receive. I even sent them the customs number to show it left US to arrive in Germany. Still when item didn't arrive, I offered a refund for the cost of pony but not the shipping. I understand some packages go missing, but if she truely sent it, then she would have something to show as proof. Again sorry for everything you are going through!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal