collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to use for "risers" for pony display shelf  (Read 3159 times)

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
Re: What to use for "risers" for pony display shelf
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
i've used a piece of spare wood painted or stained to match the shelf. like 2x4 or somesuch.
me too!! theyre perfect! and 4x4's are even better! to allow each layer of ponies to really be seen well ^_^
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline WhispersOfTheWind

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
im reusing foam board packaging. 
:lovey:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
I've used the foam board risers... got them out of whack in measurements, G3 boxes (of the core 7 ponies), Styrofoam  from boxes for certain things (doesn't work very well for me though)

I'm planning on trying something a little later but can't do it right now x.x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »
I bought a few sets of the plain white expandable pantry risers from ebay, and I am in love with them. The ones I boguht the 2 pieces aren't locked together, so you basically get 2 sets of riders with each one - you just have to use something to prop up the back corner of one of them, but it's easy enough. I paid $30 for a set of two, so four lengths of riser.

I use them for my MH collection (this is the two halves separated, so this is full length)

And for babies, breezies, blind bags

I also use craft/floral foam blocks cut to size and wrapped in fabric. You can see them in this old army picture.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:28:56 PM by NoDivision »

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »
usually if you are looking for them online, the shelves are called Spice Racks.  :)

I got mine at Big Lots, $6 for a set(about 24 inches long when they are opened as far as they'll go.)
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 02:02:06 AM »
I use empty cd cases opened up and glued together...kind of difficult to explain but basically the back of the cases are the "support" legs and the front of the cases are the "riser" shelf.

I open up one case into an upside down L shape then glue the "front" to the "back" of another case...then open up the next case and do the same until I get the length I need and then the last case has the front removed so its just a "leg"

And then I cover the whole thing with a plain fabric - normally something light pastel coloured - cheap and cheerful!

However, here is SailorEarths much more professional tutorial! http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=282591/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:21 AM »
I had used cardboard boxes on my shelves, but it is a little cramped now, and can't see the ones at the back as they are double-stacked  >_< I'd actually forgotten about several that I owned!  :blush: Here is the chaos:

For my birthday I treated myself to shop-display step risers. They were quite expensive, but are made of hard clear plastic. I've also bought some model display boxes as I want to make pony scenes with my accessories without fear of losing them.

Hopefully they will arrive soon! This is what they look like:

Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »
I bought a few sets of the plain white expandable pantry risers from ebay, and I am in love with them. The ones I boguht the 2 pieces aren't locked together, so you basically get 2 sets of riders with each one - you just have to use something to prop up the back corner of one of them, but it's easy enough. I paid $30 for a set of two, so four lengths of riser.

I use them for my MH collection (this is the two halves separated, so this is full length

This is awesome! I'm going to have to look them up :) I am using old clear plastic ferreo rocher boxes but they are expensive and require me to eat a lot of chocolate!

*EDIT* Just purchased a set of display risers from ebay. I am so glad I found this thread because I had been looking for this stuff for ages but never knew what they were called!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:18:55 AM by CasseminaPie »
Come visit my blog!

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:56 AM »

I use them for my MH collection (this is the two halves separated, so this is full length

This is awesome! I'm going to have to look them up :) I am using old clear plastic ferreo rocher boxes but they are expensive and require me to eat a lot of chocolate!

Hehe! Wish I'd have thought to do that - perfect chocolate justification!
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

rainbowstars

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »

Ahahahaha!  That was a great way to start my day!  I freaking LOVE ferrero  rochers!  Glad this thread helped though.  I too have been pondering this for a while.

So many good ideas!  I love those clear store display things.  I also love the white ones that the MH dolls are on.  I think I need to wait to actually purchase something like that though.  My husband is a carpenter, so maybe I could get him to give me some wood :blush: ....Aaaaanway....That sounded off.  I don't really want to bring him into it as he said I am on my own with figuring out risers.  But if it means I won't be spending money, he would probably agree. 

Where do you buy foam? 

Rhini-  I am totally confused.  How do you roll something into a block shape? 

Pangel-  OH MY!  That is a lot of ponies!!!

Offline Pangel

• Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »

Ahahahaha!  That was a great way to start my day!  I freaking LOVE ferrero  rochers!  Glad this thread helped though.  I too have been pondering this for a while.

So many good ideas!  I love those clear store display things.  I also love the white ones that the MH dolls are on.  I think I need to wait to actually purchase something like that though.  My husband is a carpenter, so maybe I could get him to give me some wood :blush: ....Aaaaanway....That sounded off.  I don't really want to bring him into it as he said I am on my own with figuring out risers.  But if it means I won't be spending money, he would probably agree. 

Where do you buy foam? 

Pangel-  OH MY!  That is a lot of ponies!!!

I need someone to help me co-ordinate my ponies. Wish I had some pony friends near-by to help me decide how best to display them. I worry one day that there will be a pony avalanche in my garage, and I will get crushed by them XD

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 07:41:40 AM »

I knew that wasn't the best description XD Here, this is kind of what I did http://www.ikatbag.com/2010/10/rapunzel-cardboard.html

Except instead of scoring it many times like they did, I only scored it 3 times, then kind of folded it into a rectangle :)

rainbowstars

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 07:46:12 AM »
Ahhh, now I get it!  There is usually not a cardboard shortage around here, so maybe I should try this.  If it's free it's for me:P  Sorry, so cheesy!

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 07:48:07 AM »
I use little white cardboard boxes, like the kind some jewelry come in. I'd planned on jazzing them up with paint and such, but for now they're just plain white.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 08:25:33 AM »
Ahhh, now I get it!  There is usually not a cardboard shortage around here, so maybe I should try this.  If it's free it's for me:P  Sorry, so cheesy!
XD Nice. I would recommend doing it the way they did and including a square of cardboard in the center, because mine don't have one and consequently they're kind of flimsy. They get the job done though! And actually look quite nice. I made a few different sizes. I think for the G1's they were 4 inches, and the g3's I was able to get away with 3 inches. Then I have super small like 1 inch ones for the blind bags. I'll take pictures when I re-organize :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal