collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa  (Read 25915 times)

Offline Starie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New :muffin: Pony Pics on Taoboa
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »
I would do it myself but I just don't have the funds to make a group order :(

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »
Me either Starie. :\
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SheRa-dude

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
Glad to see people are excited about this, but I'm gonna pass. The wing design is such a turn off for me.

Love the recolor of the logo, though.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
The problem with a group order is sheer weight - these will work out expensive to ship unfortunately...as much as they are only about $8ish now plus commission, the weight of several of them could be scary!

Plus I wouldnt be surprised if they are already all sold out - a lot of people had open :muffin: Pony/Ditzy orders which will probably be fulfilled by agents with this item. The issue becomes that in order to order you have to pay up front - so if you order 10 you have to pay for 10 and if there are none the person who has made the group order is a little out on money as sometimes it takes a while to get your money back.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
Yeah, the agent I use charges $30 a pound or something like that to ship things. The added mass of these boxes might add to the ship cost, too. I think the link's all over the Internet by now, too. :(

Hathrocat, I didn't know that some agents would try to fill outstanding orders with new postings! Maybe I should switch; I've had an outstanding :muffin: Pony order since they were first found on Taobao.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »
I also understand why people are disappointed it isn't G3 since that was a tradition right?

It is. And when Hasbro unveiled the new G4 toys two years ago they told us that even though there was a new line/generation of toys they would continue to utilize the G3 mold for art ponies and exclusives. A lot of people have been collecting the G3 art/exclusives for a while now, so to me it seems like such a slap in the face for hasbro to cave to the pressure of these new fans and go back on what they told their long-time collectors.

Smart business sense? Yes. Understandable? Yes. But it's still disappointing to me.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:31 AM »
Maybe they'll be nice and offer some online after the convention, since she's so popular. I'd really like to own one myself. :3  They thankfully did the same with the MH exclusive last year, and I managed to get my Ghoulia for $20, but they did sell out after like 2 days.

Though with :muffin: Pony being so popular, It's going to be fun trying to obtain one on the site afterward, considering how fast the blind bags sold out when they were initially released on Hasbro's site.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Starie

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »
I also understand why people are disappointed it isn't G3 since that was a tradition right?

It is. And when Hasbro unveiled the new G4 toys two years ago they told us that even though there was a new line/generation of toys they would continue to utilize the G3 mold for art ponies and exclusives. A lot of people have been collecting the G3 art/exclusives for a while now, so to me it seems like such a slap in the face for hasbro to cave to the pressure of these new fans and go back on what they told their long-time collectors.

Smart business sense? Yes. Understandable? Yes. But it's still disappointing to me.

Aww I didn't know about that story D: That does seem really lame of Hasbro to just disregard that promise x_X I knoww the chances are slim but maybe they'll have 2 exclusives? 1 G4 and 1 G3?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »
Actually they said that when everyone was panicking about G3.5s. And it wasn't like they said the would keep using G3's until the end of time just for the time being. Anyways there is still the Fair pony. While SDCC might be more of an event for media fans the Fair is still for collectors.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
Yes you should try Bergamot - most agents want to fulfil orders not issue refunds otherwise they go to all the work of contacting sellers and as they cant fulfil an order they miss out on their commission. Some agents will often already have identified the product and contacted buyers with is as an alternative - others you may have to prod in order to get them to action!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
Aw. Well, maybe they will still have a G3 exclusive AND :muffin: Pony available. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in Hasbro. They have had a nice fandom before FiM that has worked to keep the spirit of MLP alive with fairs and cons and meets. Now their new fandom bunch is sometimes rabid on the Internet and they catered to them.  A lot of fans really loved the G3 exclusives and even non-pony fans liked them, and enjoyed collecting them.

I hope that was okay to say and moderately polite.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »
Wish I was going to Comic Con just for this  :lol:

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »
What happened to the design the comic con pony contest?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
Actually they said that when everyone was panicking about G3.5s. And it wasn't like they said the would keep using G3's until the end of time just for the time being. Anyways there is still the Fair pony. While SDCC might be more of an event for media fans the Fair is still for collectors.
They also said it when they unveiled the G4s at the 2010 fair, and the way they said it very much sounded like they intended the G3s as exclusives to be an ongoing thing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:01:44 AM by NoDivision »

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »
Aha! Thanks for the advice, Hathorcat!

What happened to the design the comic con pony contest?

I think that they are picking the winner later this week. That's going to be a one-off toy, for display, however. I don't think they are going to mass-produce it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal