collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 12:36:59 AM »
Cases aren't good when you are only after certain ones.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 07:32:58 AM »
I'm surprised some of you are still finding them. I haven't seen them at my local Walmart since the very first time I snagged a couple (many months back), yet they have those Lolly doll things ALL THE TIME.

Offline TimeDance

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
Just bought some last weekend at TRU. Still saw the numbers on them. I have noticed sometimes the numbers don't indent very well and they're hard to make out at times, but they've always been there as long as I've looked.

They were also in the big display box hanging to the side instead of on the shelf like they used to be. My friends and I almost missed them.

Wilford B Wolf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 10:00:26 AM »
my local TRU's seem to have multiple cases in stock any more..so finding anything has gotten easy....walmarts dont seem to have any..its weird..i wonder if walmart gave up trying to stock em...it was weird leaving some gliters on the shelf just cause ive got plenty

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »
my walmart has to resock so offten i got pretty lucky last time and they had the last 2 bb i needed

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 11:51:37 AM »
My Walmart never has them but CVS does at $3.99 a pop  :cry:

If they take away those numbers forget it!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
My Walmart had a big box of blind bags with the five digit number on them but the numbers were almost impossible to read so I passed them up completely.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »
If they start selling them in that hanging box at Wal-Mart, (mine still has just the normal boxes) I can guarantee they won't stay in that. They tried something similar with the Lego Minifigs and all that happens is people start pulling bags out to feel them and if they don't want them, they're either shoved on a nearby shelf, or more often, they're just tossed on the floor. I know I would be pulling them out of that thing to check the bag numbers and if the top was closed up so I couldn't just throw them back in when I was done, then I'd just toss them somewhere.

dashlikedashie

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »
i should also make this special note to those of you who are still on the hunt

many places have CHANGED how they display the blindbags....mind you this is TRU and walmart.....sometimes i find a case sometimes i dont sometimes i even find them stuck on a peg on an end cap....

but this is how hasbro INTENDS them to be sold now....and TRU(toys r us) has implemented it
and they can stuff almost 3 full cases into this thing!!!!!!!

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 11:19:13 PM

gl with yur pink twi serch she hard to find as she was only relesed in wave 1 in europe

ahh..so i have NO HOPE in finding it then LOL..then i give up on that and move on to ORDERING a full box of wave2...i dont mind chasing all over the states for them..as its a fun ride....its the higher cost per pony that has annoyed me..i figure next wave i start with a complete set and then hunt down the dupes i want to open
Aw, darn.  :huh: That probably just means there are random duplicates in the display since they aren't boxes anymore.
My Toys R us just hangs them up.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
well on a side note atleast they are still taking them from the old case and packing them into these...i found 3 sets of crystal ones in that one i took the pics of

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
Ew... I really don't like that big display box. It's going to make searching such a pain! :enraged:

I guess might be easier now if I order any new waves of blind bags online and just end up with doubles of the show characters  >_<

Also did anyone else see that on ToyWiz they put up pictures of "Series 2" and "Series 3" blind bags they have up for pre-order but they are pics of wave 3 and 4 packaging. So essentially it's looking like wave 2 is getting skipped which makes me super sad because wave 2 had a ton of characters that have brushables and I wanted the mini ver. of them  :yikes: I hope they still release that wave sometime.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:34:48 AM by 3377345 »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »
I didn't hear about that, 3377345! Can you give us a link and/or post the pics?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Bronley

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
I didn't hear about that, 3377345! Can you give us a link and/or post the pics?
I posted links/pics here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,293114.msg219482.html#msg219482

keikokukien

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 10:23:34 AM »
*rolls up sleeves* Alrighty then! Hasbro apparently wants to see just how silly we can be sticking our hands up a giant box to find our ponies...

Challenge excepted, Hasbro. XD

Phekzhen

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
Ew... I really don't like that big display box. It's going to make searching such a pain! :enraged:

I guess might be easier now if I order any new waves of blind bags online and just end up with doubles of the show characters  >_<

Also did anyone else see that on ToyWiz they put up pictures of "Series 2" and "Series 3" blind bags they have up for pre-order but they are pics of wave 3 and 4 packaging. So essentially it's looking like wave 2 is getting skipped which makes me super sad because wave 2 had a ton of characters that have brushables and I wanted the mini ver. of them  :yikes: I hope they still release that wave sometime.

I posted about this on my blog earlier today. I HIGHLY doubt it, since some people are already reporting finding wave 2s in America. Also, vendors rarely use the term "wave" to talk about toys, and ToyWiz is more of a reseller than a "real" store that gets shipments straight from Hasbro. You can buy TRU and Target exclusive products from them, along with already-opened blind bags and 2012 McDonald's ponies. They're also listing series 2 and series 3 blind bags as coming out in January 2012. So I'm not ready to believe them so much.

And OP, I wouldn't be too surprised if you're just not looking hard enough. It doesn't seem that anyone else is having issues with finding numbers. And considering that they still have numbers on wave 4s (albeit 5 digit numbers), I doubt they're going to stop that.

Also, if anyone is having trouble with the 5 digit codes, only look at the second and fourth digits. 20415 will become _0_1_5, or 01, or 1, or Pinkie Pie, if we're talking about wave 1. I'm going to do a huge master post of all the blind bags (including images that have names, molds and codes to carry on your phones) tonight, so that might help you out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal