collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:  (Read 3926 times)

dashlikedashie

• Trade Count: (0)
No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
Okay, most of you guys know about the ever-so-popular blind bags, wave one just being released in the US.
Everyone remember how to figure out what's in the bag? You just lift the flap on the back of the bag, read the number, and match it to the pony's trading card.
I've been to three walmarts this week and two Toys R Us's and none of the blind bags there have numbers on them anymore. None. Of. Them. I am positive I'm looking in the right place, as I've got the entire set by using the numbering system.
Is this happening anywhere else?
I mean, I don't mind buying duplicates of the blind bags, but when Wave 2 comes I'm afraid I'll have to spend tons of money just to find a few of my favorites, lol.

RedheadedBeauty

Re: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »
Did you look under the flap at the op or all over because they moved it from the top of the bag to the side flap at one point.

dashlikedashie

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
Yep, all over. Number is no where to be found

RedheadedBeauty

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »
Well that is new! Dang I really hope they're not going to do that with wave 2 those little guys add up to much to be buying over and over again. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:09:47 PM »
Are you looking for the updated numbers, or the original? Because they changed it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SapphireCookie

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
What Taxel said. If you're looking for numbers 1 through 24, they don't use those anymore. They have new numbers.

Example of what I'm talking about: Rainbow Dash is #3, but she is also #20435. I found my blind bag ponies using the larger number, the smaller number is no longer on the bags, just the complicated one, and it can be hard to read as its "stamped" onto the bag.

I can give you a list of all the numbers and the ponies they go to.

Offline Ainadae

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »
I've noticed the problem with the numbers on packages, too. What I've also noticed is that there is a small pinhole at the top of each package so if you shake the package just right, you may be able to make out the hair/coat colors, or even feel what shape the pony is, and whether she's got a horn or wings or not.

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
It has come to my attention starting with Wave 2 that the numbers get harder and harder to read. They're not as clearly visible anymore than they used to be.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:40:14 AM »
Hmmm...this will be interesting [and more than a bit of a nuisance] if it turns out they have removed the second form of coding as well...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »
If the numbers have been removed completely, they'll loose sales. Not everyone can afford to buy them over and over and over without knowing what's inside if they only want certain ones.

Brightsong

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »
I live in Ohio and we still have the numbers on our bags.  Some of them are clearer than others.  I usually try the two digit number first, and if I can't read that then I use the four(?) digit number, as the others have mentioned before.  That little peek hole actually works pretty well too, although you look a little bit strange trying to push the pony into the corner in the toy aisle of the Wal-Mart.

I used to try and feel the pony to guess what race it is, but whenever I did that I always got Pinkie Pie (even if I was looking for a pegasus.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:22:22 AM by Brightsong »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:27:39 AM »
No  numbers on blind bags doesn't matter to me really. I mean, it makes them TRULY mystery bags. I like buying them as a mystery. I bought 1/2 a box in Ohio without looking at numbers (I never do) and I got several ponies, none of them duplicates. 
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »
No  numbers on blind bags doesn't matter to me really. I mean, it makes them TRULY mystery bags. I like buying them as a mystery. I bought 1/2 a box in Ohio without looking at numbers (I never do) and I got several ponies, none of them duplicates. 

Of course they weren't duplicates; there's only one of each pony per box.

As for the bags without numbers, I'll believe it when I see proof. And so far, I haven't seen any pics of these bags that supposedly don't have any numbers on them.

I really hope they won't stop numbering them, though. I stopped buying the Lego Minifigs because they were no longer identifiable without opening the bag and I simply couldn't afford to keep getting ones I didn't want, so I stopped buying them all together. 

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
I might just have to buy whole boxes now then and hope they are all in one box.

I do like the element of surprise when I am buying my first couple, but after a while, I don't want repeats.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »

Of course they weren't duplicates; there's only one of each pony per box.

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. There were two boxes and they packages were thrown in with a bunch of other mystery bag toys, that's why I was still surprised to have found 1/2 a box without any duplicates.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal