collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:  (Read 3890 times)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: No more numbers on US G4 blind bags? D:
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 11:27:51 AM »
lego had stopped differentiating their figure packs for awhile at least, i haven't had to deal with those blastid things for two years now thank whatever deity is out there ...

i wouldn't put it past hasbro to stop differentiating the ponies ... buy a new case online ... see if the store has an unopened case in back because you want the whole thing ... many comic/hobby shops can order you a case as well ...

and no, they wouldn't be losing sales ... they lose sales anyway they do it ... people are still jerks and still steal the stupid 2 dollar things anyways and rip the packages open even WITH the id numbers and peek holes ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

dashlikedashie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:30:56 AM »
No  numbers on blind bags doesn't matter to me really. I mean, it makes them TRULY mystery bags. I like buying them as a mystery. I bought 1/2 a box in Ohio without looking at numbers (I never do) and I got several ponies, none of them duplicates. 

Of course they weren't duplicates; there's only one of each pony per box.

As for the bags without numbers, I'll believe it when I see proof. And so far, I haven't seen any pics of these bags that supposedly don't have any numbers on them.

I really hope they won't stop numbering them, though. I stopped buying the Lego Minifigs because they were no longer identifiable without opening the bag and I simply couldn't afford to keep getting ones I didn't want, so I stopped buying them all together.
I'm talking about the number on the upper part when you open the flap. I have seen some though that don't have the number code at the bottom though.
And yes, there's only one pony per box, but what if you wanted to buy some at walmart, and then go to Toys R us and buy some or not buy them all at the same time? You'll probably end up with duplicates anyway.  :huh: Like I said, I don't mind having duplicates, but it'd be nice to know that you'd get a whole set without spending over a hundred dollars since they are 3 dollars a piece here at my Toys R us.

Post Merge: May 28, 2012, 11:31:50 AM

lego had stopped differentiating their figure packs for awhile at least, i haven't had to deal with those blastid things for two years now thank whatever deity is out there ...

i wouldn't put it past hasbro to stop differentiating the ponies ... buy a new case online ... see if the store has an unopened case in back because you want the whole thing ... many comic/hobby shops can order you a case as well ...

and no, they wouldn't be losing sales ... they lose sales anyway they do it ... people are still jerks and still steal the stupid 2 dollar things anyways and rip the packages open even WITH the id numbers and peek holes ...
Anyone who would steal a 2 dollar pony is so low it's not even funny.

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
oh it happens ALL the time around me ... and when i worked retail the number of people whol stole the leg figures ... URG! ... then they put em at register lanes for the cashier's to watch over *rolls eyes* then you have the people standing there feeling up the packages for like three hours blocking the lane and going "does this feel like a tri-corner hat to you or two crossed trophies? is this the three heads for the mime or the log to the lumberjack?" ... i think they should just do away with the mystery packs and just let us see the freakin ponies lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »
its not so bad with the number change..i snagged the new numbering system off EQ-daily the first day it was announced and put a pic of it in my phone..so i could at bare minimum finish off my set..im kinda bummed tho as the first 10 i got..i grabbed the box i had emptied along with it so i have a display box..somewhere on the line to complete the set tho neer my last 4 i had to get used to the new numbers which kinda sucks to not have a full set of the old numbers

if anyone needs the new list lemmy know

what id like to know is how to find the "light" colored sparkle twilight

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »
What Taxel said. If you're looking for numbers 1 through 24, they don't use those anymore. They have new numbers.

Example of what I'm talking about: Rainbow Dash is #3, but she is also #20435. I found my blind bag ponies using the larger number, the smaller number is no longer on the bags, just the complicated one, and it can be hard to read as its "stamped" onto the bag.

I can give you a list of all the numbers and the ponies they go to.

That would be great if you could, do you have the new numbers for the newer waves or only the old ones?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

keikokukien

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Aw no.  :( This is a bit depressing, but inevitable, I guess...

Oh, speaking of stolen ponies. I used to work at a bookstore and we sold TokiDoki ponies. My manager was super nice and let me feel the packages because she was a lego collector and understood my despair when I was only missing TWO of the boogers. One day, I came in and my best friend happened to buy ONE package without messing with it or anything (she thought they were cute and saw me collecting them, so she started, too XD I love it when that happens, except...). She opened it up and it was the one I was looking for. OTL Since she was a friend and just started collecting, I was like "HOW?! But congrats!" I went back to see if there was a duplicate somewhere...and the boxes were sealed. T_T I still am missing just those two. Then, I found out people were stealing them and leaving the boxes behind and I just kinda gave up. One day, I may try to find them again, but for now, I'm happy. ^^;

Sometimes the companies think changing packaging will discourage theft or increase income. They think if you get duplicates, you might try again because of the collector's bug. XD That overwhelming need to collect even if you have to chose between lunch and a pony. I'm sure others here have that feeling sometimes.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
no numbers at all the ones around here have become 5 didgets but they still have numbers

Brightsong

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
No  numbers on blind bags doesn't matter to me really. I mean, it makes them TRULY mystery bags. I like buying them as a mystery. I bought 1/2 a box in Ohio without looking at numbers (I never do) and I got several ponies, none of them duplicates. 

I don't know about that.  I've read that they're just sort of randomly thrown in there, and I got three of the same pony once and there was only one box.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »

I don't know about that.  I've read that they're just sort of randomly thrown in there, and I got three of the same pony once and there was only one box.
sometimes the will bring out a boz when there is maybe 2 figuresleft in a box and throw those into the new box so in theory lets say a rainbow dash was lft by her self tey brought a new box an she was thrown in then it was down to just her and another rainbow dash and they brought anew box and threw those 2 in then you can came and bought the three that were in that box (rainbow dash was just an example)

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »
here is the "current" running list...and i was out today grabbing some duplicates..dont thank me for it..as i dont remember where i got it..i got it thru eq-daily but it was another link to somewhere else at the time

if anyone can help me find a "pinkish" not purple sparkly twily id be very greatfull

20415     pinkie pie
20425     applejack
20435     rainbow dash
20445     rarity
20455     twilight sparkle
20465     fluttershy
20475     sugar grape
20485     lily blossom
20495     minty
21405     bumblesweet
21415     fizzy pop
21425     flower wishes
21435     roseluck
21445     sweetie blue
21455     pepperdance
21465     lemon hearts
21475     cherry spice
21485     sweetie swirl
21495     lucky swirl
22405     sweetcream scoops
22415     firecracker burst
22425     "glitter" pinkie pie
22435     "glitter" twilight sparkle
22445     "glitter" rainbow dash

hope thats usefull to someone as it has been for me!!!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »
here is the "current" running list...and i was out today grabbing some duplicates..dont thank me for it..as i dont remember where i got it..i got it thru eq-daily but it was another link to somewhere else at the time

if anyone can help me find a "pinkish" not purple sparkly twily id be very greatfull

20415     pinkie pie
20425     applejack
20435     rainbow dash
20445     rarity
20455     twilight sparkle
20465     fluttershy
20475     sugar grape
20485     lily blossom
20495     minty
21405     bumblesweet
21415     fizzy pop
21425     flower wishes
21435     roseluck
21445     sweetie blue
21455     pepperdance
21465     lemon hearts
21475     cherry spice
21485     sweetie swirl
21495     lucky swirl
22405     sweetcream scoops
22415     firecracker burst
22425     "glitter" pinkie pie
22435     "glitter" twilight sparkle
22445     "glitter" rainbow dash

hope thats usefull to someone as it has been for me!!!
gl with yur pink twi serch she hard to find as she was only relesed in wave 1 in europe

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »
i should also make this special note to those of you who are still on the hunt

many places have CHANGED how they display the blindbags....mind you this is TRU and walmart.....sometimes i find a case sometimes i dont sometimes i even find them stuck on a peg on an end cap....

but this is how hasbro INTENDS them to be sold now....and TRU(toys r us) has implemented it
and they can stuff almost 3 full cases into this thing!!!!!!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: May 29, 2012, 11:19:13 PM

gl with yur pink twi serch she hard to find as she was only relesed in wave 1 in europe

ahh..so i have NO HOPE in finding it then LOL..then i give up on that and move on to ORDERING a full box of wave2...i dont mind chasing all over the states for them..as its a fun ride....its the higher cost per pony that has annoyed me..i figure next wave i start with a complete set and then hunt down the dupes i want to open
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:19:14 PM by Wilford B Wolf »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:04 PM »
UGH! You have the LPS too but your TRU is selling them for $1.99. Mine has them for $2.99 (the same price as the pony bags) and my Walmarts haven't gotten them in yet.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Wilford B Wolf

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »
UGH! You have the LPS too but your TRU is selling them for $1.99. Mine has them for $2.99 (the same price as the pony bags) and my Walmarts haven't gotten them in yet.

look at the tag on the RIGHT..yeah that 299 is the pony ones the petshops are the buck99 ones

its seriously cheeper to buy a case at this point

LPS? the box thingy?..it opens from the top soo its not like its hard to dig em all out ...atleast i was nice enuf to re-fill it when i was done LOL

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
cases are always good :) you get 1 of each

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal