collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning up / How to protect your ponies in the pony-room?  (Read 3487 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning up / How to protect your ponies in the pony-room?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 12:04:06 PM »
I know exactly what you mean! My ponies used to get pretty disgusting before and now I won't settle for anything that doesn't have a door :P

I strongly suggest you wait and get yourself a nice cabinet. I myself have one from IKEA

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and i´m super dooper happy with it. My collection had tripled since then but I just made some cascades inside so they can all stand in different levels and I am refusing to display my ponies outside of such cabinets.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Wadatsumi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 05:36:05 AM »
coming from furniture store - so hard to find a fitting board or cabinet  :huh:
then it'll have to wait a little longer....

sweetsong100

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 06:30:08 AM »
This may sound silly, but can an air conditioner affect the condition of ponies? It's become pretty humid and hot here and started up the window air conditioner. I hope it does nothing!

Also, are there display boxes that you can buy to just sit on the shelf itself? I don't have many ponies yet, they only take up one part of the shelf, so there's no need to cover the whole thing...yet. If anyone knows, please let me know.

sarafina

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »
Also, are there display boxes that you can buy to just sit on the shelf itself? I don't have many ponies yet, they only take up one part of the shelf, so there's no need to cover the whole thing...yet. If anyone knows, please let me know.

Yep, you can buy acrylic/plastic/plexiglass display cases!  Here are some examples.

Also, someone at another toy forum recommended using air dust to clean toy shelves.  I've never tried it myself, so I can't vouch for it.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
I would totally recommend you check around for some kind of display case/s. If your budget is tight, check secondhand shops and especially craigslist (or anything similar if you're not in the US). That's where I've gotten all of my pony displays.

Of course having a huge collection means that some ponies will still be left out in the open. And if it's a room used often, they will get dusty. I usually just every now and then wipe the dust off their bodies, blow it out of their hair (doing that on pony after pony for like half an hour is exhausting, by the way lol) and set them back after wiping the shelf.

If you do end up with a display cabinet but still have loose ponies about, be sure to leave out ponies who would be easier to clean someday if the dust buildup got to be too much. =)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal