collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can I see pictures of your Torelei dolls?  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Nonnavlis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
Can I see pictures of your Torelei dolls?
« on: May 26, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
As the title states, I'd really love to see some pictures of Torelei dolls, if you would (and of course please and thankyou kindly). Ever since I first saw her I've really wanted one, but I keep putting it off because I thought that urge would eventually fade (And my parents just don't get dolls, so I'm a bit embarrassed to buy one). The urge hasn't faded at all, and I still lust for her every time I see her.

So, I'd like to see lots of pictures of Toralei so I can hopefully finally make my decision on if I feel I need her or not. But, also I just really like looking at pictures of MH dolls, especially Toralei.

Any information you can add on how poseable or easy to handle she is would also be great, or any other interesting knowhow you have from owning her. Oh, and does anyone know how much she runs for in stores?

Sorry for so many random thoughts at once ^^;

Va_ShaMera

Re: Can I see pictures of your Torelei dolls?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 06:25:33 PM »
Toralei is a charmer! Here she is posing with my Catwalk Kitties(was a size comparison pic)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And well i find this pic highly amusing for some reason!

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:34:10 PM »
I love Toralei so much! She was the first doll I wanted and the first doll I got, she really is pretty <3! As with most Monster High dolls, she has GREAT poseibility (her tail is even poseable!) and I just love her face. If you're lucky enough to find her in stores, she'll should be about the usual price for basics where ever you are. I dunno what she's running on eBay for... I admit I over paid for mine.. because I was so frantic in wanting one that I kinda bullied my fiance into letting me continue bidding on the one I was bidding on.. xD

Watching by piichihime, on Flickr

Strike a pose by piichihime, on Flickr

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »
Ah, I never realized Catwalk kitties were so large! They always looked so tiny to me. I love the outfit you have on her in that picture, by the way.

Mer-Toralei is definitely amusing XD. I can't imagine she much likes getting wet!

If you're lucky enough to find her in stores, she'll should be about the usual price for basics where ever you are.

Is she not supposed to be in stores anymore? I presumed as she's a single doll they just keep restocking her (I don't know the first thing about dolls, as you might be able to tell).

Lovely pictures, by the way. That one of her balanced on the chain fence is gorgeous~

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 06:49:25 PM »
If I recall correctly she was taken out of cases in favor of Jackson and Rochelle, but there's always a chance stores have older cases in the back or get different cases sent to them from Mattel, she's just getting harder to find now and will probably get even harder because of Robecca and Venus coming out soon.

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 07:00:16 PM »
Where I am in Canada, they're still re-stocking Toralei for 25$ at Wal-Mart. I wouldn't worry just yet.  :satisfied:

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 07:01:55 PM »
Aww! That's disappointing. I think she's definitely the coolest of the MH dolls (Except maybe Dawn of the Dance Clawdeen, if she didn't come in a three-pack).

I've seen her around a lot, but I haven't been in a toystore in about a month now. Usually her in Canada (Or at least my area), we're behind by a few months, though. Last new thing we had was monochrome Frankie.

Where I am in Canada, they're still re-stocking Toralei for 25$ at Wal-Mart. I wouldn't worry just yet.  :satisfied:

Yay, that's a good sign! Though I'll admit I balk at the price! Since when did single dolls become so expensive? o_O

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Lucky! The US seems... to get horrible distribution with most toy lines, so annoying D:

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
I think it's just because Rochelle and Jackson haven't been distributed here yet, so we're still getting Toralei and Operetta.

And I have no clue why the prices are so high! The theme dolls (Like SS, DT, etc) are priced between 17$-22$, and the signature dolls are 25$. Except for the 1600 set that I found out the other day are 32$.  :shocked:

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »
I was completely unaware we had Opretta. I really need to go to Wal-Mart more often.

Yikes, they are pushing the prices even higher!? For adult collectors, I suppose that's fine, but I feel sorry for the kids who would like to buy them. When I was a kid a Barbie single was eight dollars or so, if memory serves.

If I buy dolls, it looks like I'll have to go to Zellers XD.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »
Here's my Tora (with her BFFs)~

She's wearing some of her fashion pack accessories (and Spectra's necklace). I love her faceup, especially her eyes. I love that she's got stripes on her body too, as well as her face/hair. Her bendy tail can be a bit annoying getting in the way of her stand, but it's definitely more fun to pose than irritating. She's one of my favourite dolls by far. ^.^

I still see her in stores here too (Canada), but I think the next case revision is going to show up soon, in June, and it doesn't contain her. So you might want to grab her next time you see her... she isn't scheduled to be rereleased anytime soon. Hope that helps~ (convince you to get her! :lol: :inlove: )
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Clementine

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »

Toralei by ClementinePony, on Flickr

There's my Torelei, Unfortunatly I have managed to get several black smudges on her face from when I had her stored in a box full of random doll stuff :(

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 11:48:38 PM »
These pics are amazing, guys!

The only downside is Tor is that her tail falls out ridiculously easy. Grrrrrr!!!!

My Tor pics: http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/tuneful87/sets/72157629075597652/

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile

Offline Nonnavlis

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • ~Tiny Space Princess~
    • View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 06:30:01 AM »
Wow, those are some really gorgeous shots, ya'll!

Here's my Tora (with her BFFs)~

She's wearing some of her fashion pack accessories (and Spectra's necklace). I love her faceup, especially her eyes. I love that she's got stripes on her body too, as well as her face/hair. Her bendy tail can be a bit annoying getting in the way of her stand, but it's definitely more fun to pose than irritating. She's one of my favourite dolls by far. ^.^

I still see her in stores here too (Canada), but I think the next case revision is going to show up soon, in June, and it doesn't contain her. So you might want to grab her next time you see her... she isn't scheduled to be rereleased anytime soon. Hope that helps~ (convince you to get her! :lol: :inlove: )
Torelei's stripes are definitely my favourite thing about her. Especially in her hair. And I'm glad to hear you're still seeing her around as well.

There's my Torelei, Unfortunatly I have managed to get several black smudges on her face from when I had her stored in a box full of random doll stuff :(
You'd never be able to tell, she looks lovely!

The only downside is Tor is that her tail falls out ridiculously easy. Grrrrrr!!!!

Can it be put back in? o_O

On an unrelated side-note, have any of you tried changing the studs in Toralei's ears? I could be wrong, but they look like they come out?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal