collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does my Sunlight have Cancer?  (Read 837 times)

Vulpy

• Trade Count: (0)
Does my Sunlight have Cancer?
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
Last night, I noticed that some small, brown spots have been appearing on Sunlight. There's loads of weird spots on her Cutiemark too. There's a tiny 'bubble' like spot on her leg. I couldn't get a good photo of that, but I managed to get photos of the other spots. I checked my other Ponies, and they don't seem to have it (Phew). At least my precious Blue Belle doesn't have it.
The photos are here:
http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q640/VulpyTheUnicorn/
Sunlight has been put in quarantine, by Megatron, Jazz and Nurse Scorpionok.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: Does my Sunlight have Cancer?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:58:57 AM »
From what I can see (which is very difficult from the images), I can say sadly I do believe it to be cancer :( xx

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »
Brown spots are usually cancer. If there's a darker dot on the inside then that's cancer. Don't think we've ever confirmed any one pony that NEVER gets cancer. It doesn't spread. Clean her up with some antibacterial soap and let her dry thoroughly...

Glitter symbols have a tendancy to rust, thus the dark spots under the glitter.

Have you taken her apart to look inside?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:31:06 PM »
It's really hard to tell, but I think the symbol is rusting. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about it, but personally, I don't find rust on gold symbols to be so bad since the color's not too different.

The spot on her leg sounds like cancer, but I can't tell. I'm not sure if antibacterial soap works since the bacteria (assuming that's what the spot is) is usually embedded in the plastic, but boiling should kill it. Again, assuming that's what we're looking at. Same deal if it's mold. If it's just an age spot, I don't know.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:00:25 PM »
SYmbol rust??  O_o  That's a new one on me.  Good luck getting her at least somewhat cleaned up....SUnlight's a nice pony.  C:

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
Yeah, sometimes the glitter can rust. I had one pony who's symbol was gone, but symbol-shaped rust stain was in it's place, so I didn't even realize it at first!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 03:17:03 PM »
Yes, as Elisto says the symbols look like rust - it happens with more regularity that I think most of us would like to glitter symbos and a couple of ponies [more the second edition rainbows] seem particularly prone to it.

The brown - I "think" from the pics is age marks/cancer marks - there is no fixing them [although some people have had some luck with sunfading - but I do believe they will still come back even after the fading as its the colour thats being removed not the damage to the plastic] - just a good clean!

And lol...you can send in Optimus to rescue poor Sunlight as cancer wont jump to another pony.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
LOL poor quarantined sunlight! I second the suggestion to boil her, if it's a new spot then it's possible the bacteria is still alive (although we're not completely sure how it works, it might be the bacteria dying that causes the spots). Just make sure you pop off her head and remove her tail for the dip, and don't add anything to the water because it might hurt her glitter.

And give her a really thorough inspection - there may be other tiny cancer spots you haven't noticed yet around the inside of her legs or on her feet. I think boiling helps prevent them from growing any larger, but I haven't had a chance to test this out over time (I have some ponies currently testing out the theory though).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal