collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My First Argie! And some ?'s  (Read 1139 times)

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
My First Argie! And some ?'s
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »
I was so excited to receive my first Argie pony in the mail today - Baby Posey! And I got her for a great price due to her Joker-style "makeup". She arrived just in time for Minnesota summer, so I will be sun-fading her lipstick off. I've not had a chance to take my own picture of her yet, but here's the auction page:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200751407977?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_636wt_1185

I just love her :) She's such a cutie! I do have some questions about her though, as her picture on the My Little Wiki page didn't quite answer them.

First - she only has two freckles. I'm assuming the other one was rubbed off, but could someone confirm this?

Second - her head popped right off when I was cleaning her, and I noticed her tail had a string holding it together. Is this normal for Argie ponies?

Third - she has a symbol rub, but an unusual one. There is no actual void in her tulips, just some red that shouldn't be sticking out in a couple of spots, like it was dragged away in the factory. I am planning to remove them, which is obviously a very delicate procedure as I don't want to harm her symbols. Does the paint react to acetone in the same way as US/UK ponies? Is there anything I should be aware of before I do this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
Re: My First Argie! And some ?'s
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 02:36:32 PM »
Lucky you, congrats! She's a cutie for sure! :lovey:

Can't help out with the questions! Didn't open up my Argies, but those heads áre very loose.

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
The freckle issue is normal for Argie babies :) Sometimes one of the 3 gets 'misplaced' in the factory and overlaps another freckle.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
The freckles usually are misplaced, overlapped or one is missing. She's fine. If you want you can give her another one but don't seal it just in case you ever wish to resell her.
It is normal for almost all nirvana pony tails to be held by a metal washer and then a string instead of a washer and another clamp. Usually the string is so old it just falls apart.
Also yes, acetone will completely remove the paint. If you're just removing a smudge around a symbol or something simular, be REALLY, REALLY careful and immediately wash it after you've removed it.

Congratulations on your new girl!!
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:12:23 AM »
one ~ i agree with what glacia and chi said, the freckles are a bit random in their placement!

two ~ they all have the tail string thing :)

three ~ the paint does react with acetone like regular paint, but be very careful!!!!

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 09:52:19 PM »
She is adorable! Congrats!

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Congrats! Hope the sunfading is successful - you'll have to show us any results!

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »
Thanks everyone ^^ I think it's kind of cute that she only has the two freckles :P

Unfortunately, I noticed that she has some rust inside of her from her tail washer, and it's faintly visible from the outside :( I didn't want to replace the washer but I have to at this point I think, or it's just going to corrode further.

I will definitely be taking lots of before and after pics of her. I'm a bit stressed about how invasive some of this stuff is. I know if I mess up it will reduce her value, but if everything goes as planned she'll be looking fantastic at the end of it all. I plan to practice what I want to do with the symbol issue on several baits first, to make sure I know what I'm doing. The sun-fading will be easy, at least! And I have nylon tail washers for babies and have replaced a bunch before, so that won't be tricky. I'm hoping I can keep her string intact as well.

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »
She is so pretty! And what a great price!
Big congrats :cheer:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal