collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Eurovision  (Read 4570 times)

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:20 PM »
I'm from the UK and since i'm in work tonight I wont be attending my SO's Eurovision party as I usually do.
Oh well at least I wont have to watch us get no points thanks to all the political voting!

YAY!
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 12:12:24 PM »
haha yeah :P I find it really funny that the more ex-Yugoslav countries keep falling apart, the better they do in eurovision, lol.
However to be perfectly honest, I consider the UK the country with most music talent in the world, however I never like anyone that represents UK in eurovision :P
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
That's because they keep putting all the poop acts on.
I'm telling you, send Take That then we'll see what happens.

I'm a little gutted I can't stay home tonight and get intoxicated watching poor music :p
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
haha yeah, exactly! I mean, I hate pop but at least UK does have good pop :P

Edit: thanks for merging, i guess i missed the original topic ^^

Btw, as I see we have a lot of Montenegrin song fans (lol) I have the need to say that the guy singing that gawd aweful song is actually a very famous comedian throughout ex-Yu and has been making songs like that since I was a kid. Apparently he lives near my home in Belgrade (lucky me).

Needless to say I´m very grateful that he didn't get to the finals.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:28:04 PM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 12:33:10 PM »
Yes, please send Take That next year <3

Russia now!

And yes, cheer for Sweden!!!

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
I find russian babushkas horribly endearing :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »
I find russian babushkas horribly endearing :)

I bet they're gonna win.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »
Bah, Eurovision. I don't even know why people bother with it anymore. Very rarely there are songs worth of even going there. All the songs that I recall from the previous years are either pop and sound the same or are falling into the ridicule because they are taken too lightly and loosely. Personally, I think it's only a way to vote on the neighboring country so that, if said country wins, people can go and watch the next Eurovision, just because it's nice and stuff.

Honestly, specially the portuguese songs (my country) are always, always SO BAD to the point of me knowing from the start that we won't ever win (specially considering all the votes we ever get that do matter are the spanish ones because, well, we are next to them lol). Nowadays, I find Eurovision to be just a very cheap way to entertain people and to give a false patriotic feeling (at least, in the case of Portugal).

I haven't watched it since last year and I don't miss it one bit lol.

Also, I don't want to insult anyone in any way, it's just my opinion :)

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 01:01:49 PM »
Well, I don'T really know why I always watch it, but I just feel compelled to. I guess I watch it sarcastically? (lol, what a lame excuse ^^).

I always cheer for Portugal though and I think that compared to most, Portuguese songs are actually not that bad :) Or maybe I´m again just biased as I consider Portugal my second home ^^ too bad they never do well :(
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Well, I don'T really know why I always watch it, but I just feel compelled to. I guess I watch it sarcastically? (lol, what a lame excuse ^^).

I always cheer for Portugal though and I think that compared to most, Portuguese songs are actually not that bad :) Or maybe I´m again just biased as I consider Portugal my second home ^^ too bad they never do well :(

Ah, don't worry, portuguese people never believe their song will win anyway (as they never believe they are any good at anything, pfffffff...)

Second home ? :o Why is that ? I am so curious now ! :D

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2012, 01:10:59 PM »
That's so not true! I think Portuguese people are very musically talented :D At least, most women I´ve heard sing have a beautiful and powerful voice ^^ (imo of course)

I´ve spent almost all my childhood summers in Portugal as my uncle lived there for many many years. I also spent 6 months there during the bombing of '99 and was even about to move there (though chose to go back to Serbia after all) :D I just have very fond memories of Portugal and my lovely little cousin (my uncle's daughter) is half portuguese and lives there. I get very nostalgic every time I hear portuguese which is I guess why I usually like portuguese songs in eurovision :D
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline ladyfenrir

• Trade Count: (+139)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ladyfenrir/
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »
I voted for sweden and the uk, and also tossed a vote to denmark and russia (I love those cute grannies!).

iceland's song this year is just... it's awful, but it's better than most of the other songs, so I'm guessing it'll make it to top 5. :3 the albanian song (or rather, the albanian screaming and screeching) made my ears bleed. HORRIBLE.
~*~ladyfenrir's G1 wish list~*~

Formerly known as "svarta-perlan"

Offline hannaliten

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2012, 02:17:59 PM »
the albanian song (or rather, the albanian screaming and screeching) made my ears bleed. HORRIBLE.

This ^^ I had to go vacuum my dining room while she was singing, I couldn't stand it!

Offline Vintergatan

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2012, 02:21:04 PM »
Lol, I´m with you on that one, and i´m loving the grannies. I also like Macedonian one and i´m kinda rooting for them to do well, they need something good to happen to  them for a change :) But yeah, I think Sweden it'll be and even though I don't like the song, I always cheer for Sverige so good luck!
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
That's so not true! I think Portuguese people are very musically talented :D At least, most women I´ve heard sing have a beautiful and powerful voice ^^ (imo of course)

I´ve spent almost all my childhood summers in Portugal as my uncle lived there for many many years. I also spent 6 months there during the bombing of '99 and was even about to move there (though chose to go back to Serbia after all) :D I just have very fond memories of Portugal and my lovely little cousin (my uncle's daughter) is half portuguese and lives there. I get very nostalgic every time I hear portuguese which is I guess why I usually like portuguese songs in eurovision :D

That is so cool ! :D Where did you stay at the time?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal