collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think will be eliminated this round?

Clawdeen
4 (4.7%)
Howleen
68 (80%)
Lagoona
1 (1.2%)
Nefera
7 (8.2%)
Toralei
5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: May 23, 2012, 10:33:11 AM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Lost in the Forest: Bye Howleen :(  (Read 7312 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile

Welcome to another round of ANTM!

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Five lovely monsters stand before me, but only one can be on top.

Last week the ghouls were paired with male models to test how well they could deliver while working with a partner. It was perhaps their most challenging challenge yet! All of the girls seemed to deliver except for Howleen, who was criticized for showing too much sisterly love. But Howleen was spared. For now.

This week the girls arrived in their international location, India, where they’ll be modeling for the rest of the competition. The girls trekked out to the jungle for this week’s shoot wearing the latest fashion from mogul designer Killin’ Stein. Now that we’re down to so few ghouls, each will be judged based on a set of three photos, as well as their participation in a group shot.

(I apologize in advance for the formatting. Nothing seems to be working out right, and I'm too tired and frustration at this point to try fixing it again!)

Clawdeen:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty's critique: Werewolf on the prowl, and this one I wouldn’t actually mind meeting in the woods. Only problem here is the wonky leg behind you.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Lookit you just chillin’ out there in the tree like it’s nothing. You own that tree more than Nefera does! There’s room for only one ‘Big Bad’ wolf here and big bro Clawd is not it!

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, it was clear that you were at home in the tree. I’ve got to disagree with Ty-Ty, though. Without your back leg bent as beautifully as it is, I’m not sure this photo would even be high fashion.

Ty-Ty's critique: To the unwary eye you may look lost, but no, not this ghoul! Wolf is on the prowl, stalking her prey...just hope it isn’t you! Forward foot looks a touch awkward. Rough terrain lead to a twisted ankle? You show no sign of weakness if so, and you’re putting your best face forward.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Now you’ve spotted your prey, and are hunting them down. Another picture with great shadow play.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you nailed it. You knew how you would use that arch to your advantage. There’s a story behind it. Love. It. And your face? Breathtaking.

Ty-Ty's critique: Just OW ghoulie! You show those drop dead gorgeous shoes and your limberness anymore and my back in gonna break just looking at ua! I LOVE the peek of knee, a bit saucy to go with your ‘red riding hood’ vibe.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: This is a very pretty picture, but it seems so out of place with the other two. I would have loved to see you continue the little story you played out. Otherwise, it’s a great pose and a beautiful face.

J. Jekyll’s critique: I’m not a fan of this photo. I feel like I’ve seen you using this pose before. I would have enjoyed seeing a bit more variety, more to the story as Nigel mentioned.
Howleen:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Has the belle of the ball stood up? Or are you sharpening your claws while waiting to strike? No one would dare stand up this cutie. There is no fury like a werewolf scorned!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Poor Howleen. You’ve fallen from grace. Find something to do with those hands and chance up the pose.J. Jekyll’s critique: This was probably the only shot of yours this week that had the potential for story telling. Who are you waiting for? It looks as if you see someone coming up. And you look pissed. But the story is never realized. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty’s critique: This one is a bit prettier. The orange hair stands out against the blue flower. Thought is almost seems as if you’re about to chomp right down.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: You seem angry at the flower, Howleen. Like you’re getting ready to slash it to ribbons. If it’s wolves bane, play it up more. If it’s a poor flower, why so angry? And what’s up with the back of your skirt? Seriously, that ain’t no subway grate!

J. Jekyll’s critique:  I see a pretty picture. Your hair and makeup is fab, but you’re just not giving me 100%.

Ty-Ty’s critique: We’re a bit awkward here again, Howleen. A rest? Are you the one being hunted by your sister? This shot was overall awkward and you don’t seem like you want to be outside.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Good interest, striking pose. A brief rest before resuming the hunt, or letting your pursuers close in to string them along behind you for more play time? Overall, you’re a bit weak this week. You seem to be losing interest or running out of steam. Not a good time to be doing either.

J. Jekyll’s critique: You’re a short model, so when you’re given a dress at this length, you have to find ways to WORK IT, GIRL! And alas, you didn’t. Where has your spirit gone?

Lagoona: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty’s critique: Who’s the flower here? You don’t outshine the flower, but you don’t like the slower outshine you!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Who is more enchanting? The flower or Lagoona? Lagonna, webbed hands down! Snuggling so close to the blossom, it almost becomes one with your skirt and makes your lips POP while dreaming away the day.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, I was impressed. You had a vision, and you went with it.

Ty-Ty’s critique: You’re the first ghoul who doesn’t seem to feel out of place in a tree. Which is impressive since your place is in the water!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: If a bird and a fish were to fall in love….where are they to live? It’s s touch unusual for a fish to be in a tree, but you’re so graceful and elegant looking that you could be a fae in disguise. Regardless of how you got there, there you are and you look happy as a clam!

J. Jekyll’s critique: My favorite shot of you this week! Everything about it screams MODEL!

Ty-Ty’s critique: Cinderella lost in the forest just before the stroke of midnight! Not youre element deary, but you work it all the same.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Ah, a sea monster lost in a sea of plants. You actually look very comfortable in this shot and speaks something of a fairy take. You did very well considering you’re in a forest and not in your typical setting. You’ve really stepped it up the past two weeks. Keep going, ghoul!

J. Jekyll’s critique: Cinderella indeed. I totally got that vibe as well!

Nefera:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty’s critique: The gold and tarnish of the statue play right into your scheme. Is it camouflage? Shelter from prying eyes? A playful game of cat and mouse? And just who is playing mouse to your cat? I see Bond Ghoul through and through!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Nefera, darling, who’s the beautiful relic here? You chose a perfect object to pose with. Rock the ancient feel! I feel like you’re a ghoul who is on a mission, but still lookin’ beautiful.

J. Jekyll’s critique: Bong girl indeed! Fab concept.

Ty-Ty’s critique: Sultry without overkill. It’s tiring work taking photos all day, the subtle play of light makes it so inviting for a quick nap shared in a peaceful glade. But with those eyes and legs, how long exactly will it stay peaceful?

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: A perfect mixture of shadows and light, you look like a tragic beauty. The only issue here is that slightly awkward top leg, but keep rockin’ the lying down pose, ghoul!

J. Jekyll’s critique: Gorgeousness. Need I say more? I love it all.

Ty-Ty’s critique: You look a bit awkward in the wildness, to be honest.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Who has longer, leaner, more graceful limbs than a tree? Nefera, that’s who! But your upper body? I’m totally lost.

J. Jekyll’s critique: I like this one best actually. The dark sunken eyes. The odd arms. You look like a monster with a dazed, ‘lost in the headlights’ sort of look on your face. It’s rather terrifying, actually.

Toralei:  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty’s critique: You’ve got a bit of explorer going on! Especially with those shoes that look so hard to walk in. Such a beautiful and lost looking face.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: You needs a whip when you have a kitty tail? RAWR! You belong here and you can take on Indiana Jones any day of the week!

J. Jekyll’s critique:   Holding your tail? Pure genius. Pure model.

Ty-Ty’s critique: Lost in a sea of green, what is the kitty pining for, what eludes her, just out of sight and reach? Kitties love greens, and they suit this one smashingly!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: I love this one. A kitty hiding in the greenery. You look like you were getting ready to pounce, but your attention was drawn to the beautiful flowers.

J. Jekyll’s critique: Simply stunning. 

Ty-Ty’s critique: Sadly, this falls short for me. Too post with awkward legs. You look like a cat stuck up in a tree. You knocked it out with your second photo, but the other two had the same expression and feel to them.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: It’s refreshing to see you being out a non-predatory feel. You seem at home there, with claws and tail and nerves of steel. You own the trees! No bird is safe. Tweety won’t see any puddytat this time! Overall, you seem at home but don’t seem to be pushing the envelope.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, everything was a bit lackluster for me. Your first two shots were golden. This one falls short.   

Group shots:

Nefera: At this angle you look annoyed and not part of the group. You seem ready to kick Tor!

Toralei: You add more to the group than Nefera, but you don’t help the eye flow back through the other ghouls.
Lagoona: Kind of just there, though you do look quite pretty!

Clawdeen: You MAKE us look at you, honey.

Howleen: I love the expression on your face. Adorable.

Nefera: You look more cooperative this time, and seem to be blend with the others nicely.

Toralei: More interesting pose here, but I feel a disconnect.

Lagoona: Pretty, and a bit more present in this shot.

Clawdeen: Beautiful, and working well with the others.

Howleen: WHAT. HAPPENED. GHOUL?! You looked squashed and uncomfortable!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:05:48 PM by tuneful87 »

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Lost in the Forest
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
I'm in love with every single model this week! ...Except Howleen. She's pretty but she also looks like she's posing. She doesn't make it look natural at all. I get the feeling from the photos that she was trying too hard and just wanted to get the HECK out of the woods! Sorry, 'Leen... ):

As for the group photo I agree with the critiques. In the first one Nefera just seems angry, like she's about had it with the woods. Lagoona just looks..There. She doesn't look bad but she doesn't make a statement.
In the second photo Howleen definitely doesn't look too happy and just let the others outshine and squish her. I don't feel her being very "present", for lack of better words.

Also AMAAAAZING job with these photos, Tuney!! :heart:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:53:51 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
I'm voting for Howleen this round. I also predict that she'll be going home. The others had some connection between pictures, but not Howleen. She looked like she was either bored, or ready to rip the scenery to shreds!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
Thanks, Chi! I have to say, this week I was most impressed with Lagoona. I don't know if it was the dress or what, but she killed it in every photo! It was a bit of a struggle with Nefera and Clawdeen, though. I'm very pleased with their best shots, though. But their outtakes? Not so good!

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
Lagoona looks stunning in this weeks photos, who knew that a fish out of water could look soooo good! Will mull over the other pics and cast my vote later but i fear it may not go in Howleen's favour this week her pics just aren't cutting it with the other ghouls great shots.
Tuney fab week this week, there are some amazing shots, thanks for braving the wilderness for these!

Yeah on looking through all the pics Howleen got my vote, sorry ghoul!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:41:29 AM by assassin_kitty »

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:51:02 AM »
These are awesome! :D

I voted Howleen, somehow it just doesn't seem right and the poses don't feel as natural compared to everyone else's.
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
This was the MOST tricky one to vote for, they were all absolutely gorgeous.... I had to vote Howleen though, something about her in this round made me choose her.... the flower shot was amazing, both hers and Lagoonas!

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »
I too voted for Howleen. She didn't really seem to know what she was doing.... :( I'm really sad to have to vote for her, though...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:41:11 PM by PandaBerryInSpace »

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
I'm voting Howleen again. Depsite how much I love her, she should have been eliminated last time.

PaintedMoogle

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
I love Lagoona!  Wonderful shots!

I'm another vote for Howleen's elimination.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
Re: America\'s Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got Lost in the Forest
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
I don't think there's any question this round, and after seeing the voting it's obvious! Howleen was doing great at the beginning...maybe she just doesn't compare to the TOP girls. It's time for her to go :(

Post Merge: May 20, 2012, 03:43:06 PM

Thanks, Chi! I have to say, this week I was most impressed with Lagoona. I don't know if it was the dress or what, but she killed it in every photo! It was a bit of a struggle with Nefera and Clawdeen, though. I'm very pleased with their best shots, though. But their outtakes? Not so good!

Lagoona was awesome last week, too! Maybe she's going to be a come-from-behind type winner!! Didn't she start out pretty badly?

I am still rooting for Nefera, as much as I like Goona and Tore ^^

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »
I don't think there's any question this round, and after seeing the voting it's obvious! Howleen was doing great at the beginning...maybe she just doesn't compare to the TOP girls. It's time for her to go :(

Post Merge: May 20, 2012, 03:43:06 PM

Lagoona was awesome last week, too! Maybe she's going to be a come-from-behind type winner!! Didn't she start out pretty badly?

I am still rooting for Nefera, as much as I like Goona and Tore ^^

I don't think I'd say that Goona started off badly at all. In fact, she did quite well at first. In the first black and white photo, she placed in the top three. She did well in the nude and the camel shoot as well. It was more towards the middle of the competition that she started to fall from grace...

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 05:12:05 PM »
I voted for Howleen to go this round. Her pictures were pretty, but they didn't really say "model" or "high fashion" to me. She just didn't measure up to the other girls.

Lovely photos tuney  ^.^

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »
boogar it Howleen! YOU'VE LOST IT!

she started off so hot and just kind of ... gave up? :(

and yeah lagoona started hot, got kinda lost in the middle, but is stepping it up big time again now
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
I'm voting for Howleen she looks like a 50's House wife to me lol.

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal