collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Fashion Style Swap - **Ponies Arriving!!!!**  (Read 34238 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: G4 Fashion Style Swap - Partners Sent! Start Crackin'!
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2012, 04:17:55 PM »
I'll be ordering the hair soon. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
I'll be ordering the hair soon. :)

I ordered some, but I've got a commission using the same color, so I need more!

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 14, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »
I'm waiting for the pins so I can style the hair :) I'm also thinking of what extras I could include.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #333 on: June 14, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »
Just need to put the sole on one more boot, and add the buckles and my sculpting will be done. Woo! Then I can start painting.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »
Ordered the hair! :D This is my first time making my own custom blend, so I'm a bit nervous about how it will look.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
Oooh! What did you decide on for the blend? Are you going to basically comb a few colors together? Or do it plug by plug? Stripes?

I am fond of blends,, but mine are always super subtle and when I get done, I cannot even tell that I blended anything. LOL. It does create a unique color though. I get scared about trying this with wild colors like red and pins and greens and purples and such. Looking forward to seeing yours!

Offline PrincessDiana1982

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • *The Princess*
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »
Okay, so my partner has their 3 favorite colors on their list, & I really wanted the pony to be one of those colors.  So, I dyed my girl one of the colors....but she came out so dark that she actually was a different color, one not on their list.  Now, fbr is NOT an option for me.  (My first custom was a fbr & she came out looking good at first, but then after really examining her, she looks horrible).  So now my girl is so dark & can't be lightened & I just don't know if I should go out & try to find a new girl & start over, or just say screw it & see what happens.  The color she came out IS a pretty color, but just not one of my partners faves, & I don't know how it'll look with my hair colors, accessories, etc.  I guess it doesn't hurt to say the color I was going for was blue & she came out purple.

So, any thoughts/opinions here would be helpful!!!!  Help!!!  Should I start all over or just work with the purple pony?  AHHHH!  I'm going crazy!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2012, 04:42:07 PM »
Oooh! What did you decide on for the blend? Are you going to basically comb a few colors together? Or do it plug by plug? Stripes?

I am fond of blends,, but mine are always super subtle and when I get done, I cannot even tell that I blended anything. LOL. It does create a unique color though. I get scared about trying this with wild colors like red and pins and greens and purples and such. Looking forward to seeing yours!

I just ordered the colors to be put together on Dollyhair. It's a really dark color and a really light color, so I'm hoping that the mixture will be nice. I also mixed polypropylene and nylon, so that should be interesting as well.

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2012, 05:12:55 PM »
Okay, so my partner has their 3 favorite colors on their list, & I really wanted the pony to be one of those colors.  So, I dyed my girl one of the colors....but she came out so dark that she actually was a different color, one not on their list.  Now, fbr is NOT an option for me.  (My first custom was a fbr & she came out looking good at first, but then after really examining her, she looks horrible).  So now my girl is so dark & can't be lightened & I just don't know if I should go out & try to find a new girl & start over, or just say screw it & see what happens.  The color she came out IS a pretty color, but just not one of my partners faves, & I don't know how it'll look with my hair colors, accessories, etc.  I guess it doesn't hurt to say the color I was going for was blue & she came out purple.

So, any thoughts/opinions here would be helpful!!!!  Help!!!  Should I start all over or just work with the purple pony?  AHHHH!  I'm going crazy!

Oooh. That is rough. I sympathize for you. Just be aware that if this is a fresh dye job, dyes can take months to settle into the plastic. Especially dark dyes. Black ponies for example, have bled through 3 months after being dyed back when I used to dye. Something dyed fresh and painted could very well bleed color through the paint.

Just something to keep in mind as a possible risk. Good luck with her.

Maybe some folks who didn't swear off dye jobs like I did could give you some great tips on how to salvage her. :)

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »

Maybe try to stick to the favourite colours as the hair and symbols stuff as long as it works with the body colour...?

to change the topic: I keep trying to order hair and it doesn't complete the sale...is this happening to anybody else?
I desperately need it for this swap...but I have time to paint and sew clothes etc first but it's kinda irritating. LOL
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:56:21 PM by sunnydaze »

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
I've been able to order just fine. If you need, you can tell me what you need and send me the money and address and I will place the order for you.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:15 AM »
I haven't had trouble ordering hair either.

Offline Dee_Kary

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://deekary.deviantart.com
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
I was thinking of doing my first repose, and I finally came with an idea :D and I just sculpted the basic structure for the first reposed leg yay~ ^^

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and moonflower for the avie!
My deviantart / Commissions: Closed

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »
So.. My pony had uneven feet which caused her to rock. I thought maybe putting the boots on her rear feet would fix that.

It did not.

For now, I have a little bit of Apoxie under the short leg. You can't see it when she is standing there.. It isn't obvious that I did it.. Unless you pick her up.

Should I leave it on to balance her, or take it off and let her rock? Its only a little rocking, but it annoys me.

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Fashion Style Swap - Partners Sent! Start Crackin\'!
« Reply #344 on: June 17, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »
So.. My pony had uneven feet which caused her to rock. I thought maybe putting the boots on her rear feet would fix that.

It did not.

For now, I have a little bit of Apoxie under the short leg. You can't see it when she is standing there.. It isn't obvious that I did it.. Unless you pick her up.

Should I leave it on to balance her, or take it off and let her rock? Its only a little rocking, but it annoys me.

I don't know I'd be inclined to leave it on...but is it distracting??? the rocking part?

Post Merge: June 17, 2012, 03:23:17 PM

and to get back to the hair issue I'm having now Dollyhair doesn't seem to exist!  The site is suspended...all seems kind of curious to me...

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal