collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which ghoul do you think will be eliminated this round?

Clawdeen
8 (9.9%)
Howleen
37 (45.7%)
Lagoona
18 (22.2%)
Nefera
5 (6.2%)
Toralei
13 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: May 16, 2012, 10:09:24 AM

Author Topic: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got A Boyfriend  (Read 6673 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got A Boyfriend
« on: May 13, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »

Welcome to another round of ANTM!

Voting: You may only vote for one ghoul – the ghoul you feel will be eliminated this round. Please post your prediction in the thread. You may win a prize if you guess right.

Call Out: The judges will determine the call out order each week. Please read their critique fully before voting. Remember, the ghouls are not being judged just on the week’s photos, but also on their past performance, progression, and potential.

Prizes: At the end of the competition, I will tally up which members correctly predicted which ghouls went home. The member who scores the highest will receive a Monster High compilation prize. I have a ton of stuff to choose from, everything from accessories to clothes to brushes and stands.

Now, moving on....

Welcome to Cycle 1 of America's Next Top Monster! Five lovely monsters stand before me, but only one can be on top.

Last  week the ghouls were photographed in an advertisement for the latest Absolut Vodka, Tutti Frutti. The majority of the girls did well, but Lagoona and Ghoulia bombed yet again, and ultimately Ghoulia was sent home.

This week the ghouls were paired with male models to test how well they could deliver while working with a partner. It was perhaps their most challenging challenge yet! How did they do?

Clawdeen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ty-Ty's critique: Great shot. You work together splendidly to catch an almost ‘mid-dance feel’, though Gil is looking a touch washed out and is becoming one with the background. Gil is looking out and seems a touch distracted…the call of the sea, or seeing Lagoona posing with another guy?

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Keeping up the gentle attitude here! You look like you’re legitimately in love with the male model. (While he seems disinterested, but this isn’t about him). I think the only problem here is the forshortening  of your upper body and face that make the picture seem slightly off.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you and Gil seemed to have great chemistry. You went for more a sweet love as opposed to lustful, and it worked for you. You’re living up to your girl next door persona!

Howleen:

Ty-Ty’s critique: I sort of like this picture of you, Howleen, but I do feel that it’s one of your weakest. I don’t know if it’s your time to go just yet, but if not, you better bring yourself back to the game! While this gives off a certain adorable quality, it does seem like you’re too young here. Both you and the male model seem to be slightly awkward here. As a result, the picture seems less romantic, and more of a brother-sister type of thing.

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: Cute, cute, cute! But other than the flying tackle, there is no interaction between you and the male model. Was it your age difference? Perturbed-ness at having to share awesome flame-like hair? Has Howleen lost her howl and run her course? Perhaps if you two had been looking at each other instead of staring into space. I think focus has been lost.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you didn’t seem to know what to do with yourself. Nightmare Nigel has raised some good questions. I wonder, was it the height difference that made it difficult for you? You and your partner are totally disconnected, and now is NOT the time to be delivering a mediocre photo, Howleen.

Lagoona:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Clawd looks ready to get down and beg for Lagoona. Again, another great couple working together to get the best shot possible. His oh so slightly upturned eyes subtly beg for an ounch of attention and you just casually look to the camera. “Who? Me?” The mojo has at least returned to the sea for this shot!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: You stepped it up! The way your hair falls over and covers one eyes gives you a mysterious look. This is the most interesting photo of the bunch, stepping beyond your typical romance novel pose. It seems as if you’re doing a funky Step Up type of dance. Keep this up, Lagoona, and you’ll end up deserving a top spot.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, I was extremely impressed with you. You knew exactly what you wanted to do, and you told Clawd how it was going to be. The result is the most visually appealing photo of the week. I am EXTREMELY impressed, and surprised. I just hope that this is not a fluke.

Nefera:

Ty-Ty’s critique: You almost look like a ballet dancer here. Despite the ‘barely there’ swimsuit, you somehow transcend sexual and just show beauty here. You’re equally disinterested in the male model while still interacting with him. Keep up the great work, ghoul!

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: HOT HOT HOT! The graceful lines and curves of the bodies together, great interaction with the male model. I totally feel this duo working it together and making sure the focus is where it needs to be…THEM! Spot. On.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you blew my mind. You nailed it on your first shot. I took two more photos just in case, but I didn’t need to. Even though you could barely squeeze into those shoes, you didn’t make a single complaint. THAT is what being a model is all about. Your model looks ridiculously cool behind him, but you’re there to remind him that YOU’RE the main focus of this shot. Excellent work. I’m speechless.

Toralei:

Ty-Ty’s critique: Kitty’s got claws and sex appeal…anything else in that bag o’tricks, kitty? The shot flows wonderfully well and the colors are bright and vibrant from a just as bright and vibrant couple. Clawd does seem out of sorts, as if your advances are unwanted, and you seem either distracted by a boogey or one of Clawd’s fans…

Nightmare Nigel’s critique: *Fans self* Whew, ghoul, you’re channeling that lust here. I almost wish you had toned it back a bit here. You did great with your pose and the soft look of your hair on your face, but be careful about letting too much feline show through.

J. Jekyll’s critique: On set, you seemed to know your angles very well. But week after week your sex appeal is bursting at the seams. Remember, this is America’s Next Top Monster, not a tryout for Victoria’s Secret.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:18:59 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: America's Next Top Monster: The Ghoul Who Got A Boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
I love howleen suppppperrr cute, lagoona is my choice for elimination....

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »
Lagoona and Clawd look so awkward in this shot
I am loving Clawdeen's photos tho

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Awesome pictures yet again :D

I voted for Lagoona, the poses between her and Clawd look kind of .. I dunno. They don't seem to flow together like the others do.
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 11:39:24 AM »
All of these pictures rock, but I'm voting for Lagoona here. Compared to the others, I just don't think it's as good.

I love Howleen and Holt here -- they look incredibly adorable. I love the romantic feeling in Clawdeen's picture, and Nefera and Toralei were both looking pretty hot. ;D

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »
Now I liked Lagoona's pic here.  Seemed sweet to me.  HOwleen's looked awkward...I would have preferred her to maybe be looking at him, not the camera, this time. Tor was a bit too lusty for my tastes as well, but it looks like Lagoona is going to lose...sad day.  xD 

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 11:48:01 AM »
ugh. lagoona so stepped it up this week, but she'd been faltering for awhile ... and howleen's been changing it up and doing better, but this one is just sort of "meh" ... and tor, though i love her do we have a second one trick pony trying to squeeze in to play?

super tough choice but had to go with Howleen this time ... more brother/sister than bf/gf and i see her struggling more to compete with the other ghouls as the focus narrows and attentions get deeper ... really close betwen her and lagoona cause lagoona's just had some really ick shots, but when she's on, she's ON ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:01:55 PM »
Now I liked Lagoona's pic here.  Seemed sweet to me.  HOwleen's looked awkward...I would have preferred her to maybe be looking at him, not the camera, this time. Tor was a bit too lusty for my tastes as well, but it looks like Lagoona is going to lose...sad day.  xD 

I have to be honest, Lagoona and Nefera are the only ones this week who screamed HIGH FASHION!!!! to me! I love everything about Lagoona's shot. I don't think it's awkward at all actually. Lagoona took a major risk, and I think she pulled it off. I love the look in both their eyes, the hair, the clothes, the flower, and the flow of it. It's a mid-motion shot, really. It makes you wonder, "What's going on here?" There's a story behind it, and that's what draws me into it.

Offline assassin_kitty

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Oh guys this one was tough to choose! It was a hard choice between voting for Lagoona or Howleen on one hand Howleens picture this week is way below her usual standard but then Lagoona stepped it up a little for this picture. That being said I do find the poses in Lagoona's picture a little awkward, the hair is lovely her face is always pretty and captures that kinda sweet innocence but unfortunately it was a little bit too late so she got my vote. I just couldn't vote Howleen out for one bad photo!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
I looove how sweet Clawdeen looks. Instead of her usual fierce self, she looks really in love instead of in heat..Not saying sexy is bad, but Toralei's photo seems a little over the top. I do still like her as a model, though. :heart:
However, Howleen just isn't doing it for me. I see no chemistry in the photo and it looks like a picture that would be in a normal clothing catalogue with a teenaged 'couple', rather than something you'd see in any sort of high fashion photo shoot.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:00:16 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Dibbles

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
I voted for Howleen because Lagoona's picture was better. Nefera was my fave.

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 04:03:13 PM »
I love Lagoona's shoot here!

I have to be honest, Lagoona and Nefera are the only ones this week who screamed HIGH FASHION!!!! to me! I love everything about Lagoona's shot. I don't think it's awkward at all actually. Lagoona took a major risk, and I think she pulled it off. I love the look in both their eyes, the hair, the clothes, the flower, and the flow of it. It's a mid-motion shot, really. It makes you wonder, "What's going on here?" There's a story behind it, and that's what draws me into it.

All of this!

I voted Howleen out this week. She just looks like a little kid here, jumping into her brothers arms.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
My favorite is Nefera, no one else seems to capture the feel of sexual, yet romantic like she does. :heart:

I voted for Toralei to go home because home girl is better suited for Playboy than anything else. Every week it is just, sex, sex, and more sex. Give me something else girl. I would also have to say that Howleen is a close second, though he hair colour does blend well with Holt's flames.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:14 PM »
I'm torn because Lagoona is my favorite in this shoot, but she seems to generally lacking in enthusiasm, and Howleen is my least favorite in this shoot but she's usually SOO good!!

As much as I like Tore, I think I will vote for her to leave. Lagoona has earned herself another week in my mind, and I think that Howleen is generally stronger than Tore and shouldn't leave because of one "meh" photo.

This is so freakin fun, Tuney :lovey:

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »
I'm torn because Lagoona is my favorite in this shoot, but she seems to generally lacking in enthusiasm, and Howleen is my least favorite in this shoot but she's usually SOO good!!

As much as I like Tore, I think I will vote for her to leave. Lagoona has earned herself another week in my mind, and I think that Howleen is generally stronger than Tore and shouldn't leave because of one "meh" photo.

This is so freakin fun, Tuney :lovey:

I'm so glad you're enjoying it as much as I am! hehe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal