collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you re-buy your childhood ponies?  (Read 4209 times)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
Re: Did you re-buy your childhood ponies?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 02:18:10 AM »
I had sold all my childhood ponies but when I started collecting they were some of the first ones I tracked down!
They were, shy pose Applejack, shy pose Bow Tie, Posey, Cherries Jubilee, Lickety-Split, Lemon Drop and Show Stable, Snowflake and Forget-Me-Not.

The only MLP item I have from my childhood is the Surfdancer and the Little Mermaid cassette (just the cassette, although I replaced the book pretty quick).

Also, my cousin had Cotton Candy, Peachy and the Grooming Parlour, the first MLP Annual and Panini Sticker Album. These were also items I tracked down quickly because as I played with them as a kid I have a soft spot for them too.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 02:25:58 AM »
I bought all of mine back... and then a few hundred friends for them :P

I'm definitely a G1 girl; they're the ones I grew up with and they are MLP to me. I do however LOVE G4s and also collect them ;)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 04:36:05 AM »
"Re-purchasing" the same ponies as I had when I was a little girl was the only reason I started collecting - I only had about a dozen-ish and they were all commons [Majesty, Windy, Sunlight, Cotton Candy, Apple Jack, Bow Tie, etc]...and those honestly were the only ones I intended to have but then...well the pony force took over...and everything just snowballed from there!  :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2012, 04:56:38 AM »
I'm actually finally starting to get my collection back. My parents accidentally threw out my favorite ponies, baby gusty, baby shady and baby moondancer. I got them back...

In college, I stupidly sold half of my collection for 100 dollars to a girl in south africa. I lost mimic, tic tac toe, bright eyes, a bunch of the animal friends like oakley the moose... a ton of the baby ponies... ALL my boy ponies... :( it breaks my heart to think how dumb I was...

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2012, 05:59:20 AM »
I still have all of mine, yay!
Over all of these years I've only come across one double of the 10 that I had growing up... and that one wouldn't even be an upgrade...
Glad to hear pony peeps have been able to reclaim ponies from their childhood collections.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 06:58:47 AM »
I didn't have to re-buy any ponies, as I kept all my childhood ones. I'm so glad I did, because Tuneful would have been irreplacable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2012, 10:07:09 AM »
I think I'm kicking myself the most for selling my Mimic and getting rid of Paradise Estate. For free. :(

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I still have my childhood ponies; all 100+ of them.  If I had sold any of them, I totally would have re-bought them!

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
Not that I had any ponies in my childhood, but I probably wouldn't rebuy them if I had.
When I was around twenty I started looking on eBay for old He-Man and Ninja Turtles figures that I had. Most of them my parents gave away while I wasn't there, others were stolen...

Well anyway, I wanted them back and when the first couple packages arrived... The nostalgia just wasn't there anymore. Or maybe it just wasn't the same. As in "that particular one that I had"

Dunnoh, I just get overly attached to things like that.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
I had a huge childhood herd that I gave away to a cousin when I was a teenager.  In the last few years of collecting, I've only bought a specific type of pony.  I had these ponies when I was a kid, and they were my favorite.  Twenty year later, they are still my favorite ponies!  Although I had tons of G1's when I was little, I'm not interested in rebuying them all.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline AmethystDefender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 05:03:12 PM »
I kept most of my childhood collection (you'd have to pry them from my cold, dead hands, XP )but when I was a kid, I managed to lose Baby Sparkle North Star...which I traded Baby Sparkle Glory to a friend who had one to get back, since I loved Baby Sparkle North Star more than any other for some reason. I later went to a pony meet and was able to buy the other sparkle babies, including Baby Sparkle Glory.

Also, I managed to lose a newborn twin when I was a kid (orange peg, swan symbol...I forget the name), but haven't been able to find her again. :(

One of my second-hand-aquired princesses may have also gone missing. (Royal Blue, I think)  Or maybe I just misplaced her and she's still with me...I'd have to go look.
A.K.A.: VioletWhirlwind in most other places online
 Sig by Emuel

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
I'm still trying to hunt down some of my childhood G2s. I did buy back Sky Skimmer MOC and have managed to keep her on the card! I still have to find Sweet Berry (All I know is she wasn't the Magic Motion one and she wasn't Basket Surprise) and Light Heart. She also wasn't the Magic Motion version. She might have been the birthday one since I vaguely remember having Sundance but I might have gotten her separately. I also remember Ivy somewhere in there. I'd probably only get them if I could find them MOC as well since they were pretty special to me and I'd like to try and preserve the few childhood memories I have. I don't feel like this about any other ponies, just those. ;~;
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:21:02 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
I figured out that the baby pony I remembered from my childhood was more than likely a Dangles and bought a new one a while back. Paid more than I normally would have but she was a special circumstance :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal