collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Italian Ponies Information  (Read 1803 times)

Margos

• Trade Count: (0)
Italian Ponies Information
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
Hello, everyone!
I'm really new to the whole Nirvana thing.  I'm most interested in Italians at the moment.  First of all, they seem to be a little more reasonable price-wise than most others.  Also, I think they're rather cool since my family can be pretty intense about our Italian heritage sometimes LOL.
About how much do most of them cost?  I'm a poor college student, so I doubt I'll be able to get any any time soon, but I'm really curious about them.  Anything you can tell me would be extremely helpful, thank you so much!

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Italian Ponies Information
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:25:29 PM »
Italians vary quite a bit actually :awake: They can be as cheap as $5-10, or as expensive as $500+ depending on what pony you're looking at. The cheaper ones will be the ones that don't differ much from their normal counterparts, such as Peachy, Blossom, Medley, Parasol, etc. It's when you start looking at the ones with more variations (like the blue Lickety-Split, Minty with odd colors, Moonstone with blue hair) that your wallet will be seriously hurting.

Many of the collector pose Italians had 2 different eye styles. One where the eyes are 'stamped' (which may look off-centered or of iffy quality) and the other where they're airbrushed on (or AB eyes for short). AB eyed Italians will be more expensive than their stamped eyed counterparts.

Pink Italians are notorious for fading to peach or sometimes even white as well. So a very pink Firefly or Twilight will be worth more than one that's only a little pink. :awake:

Starshine and Parasol also had 2 Italian variants. One with the normal rainbow hair, and one with the 'tropical' rainbow hair. I believe the tropical haired ones are a bit more valuable, at least in Starshine's case. Parasol seems to be a little more common.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »
i think glacia has it covered :bigups:

have you looked at the nirvana gallery? i think almost all the italian variants are pictured :)

http://mlparena.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216549

love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:52:23 AM »
Italians are a great place to start  if you're on a budget, as some of them are quite cheap ($5-10 as Glacia says) and not too hard to come by. Just remember to stay away from the more expensive ones (tend to be the unusual ones like  Magenta Blossom, 'Applebelle' or Blue Lickety Split/Posey)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
I agree with Lady Guinevere! If you don't have a lot of money to spend, Italians are a great place to start dipping your feet into the world of nirvanas. Sometimes you can find pretty good deals on eBay and the arena for them and some of them just aren't priced very high due to being more common than others. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Margos

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:14 PM »
Thanks everyone!  My current mission is Italian Peachy...  She's just different enough to be really cool, but similar (and common?) enough where she isn't terrible rare.  Also, I have a soft spot for Peachy in general.  So...  I'm going to try to get my first Nirvana!   :biggrin:

Moonracer

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »
Good luck with finding her!

I agree, that Italian Peachy is really cool. Especially the Brown and White ones, 'cause they look like the "baby" version of the My Pretty Pony figures. :D :D

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »
Good luck, Margos! She's a great start, especially if you've got a soft spot for Peachy. ;) :heart:

Margos

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »
Omigosh omigosh omigosh!  I just won the auction!   :shocked: :biggrin:
I can't wait until I get my 2 Italian Peachies!  I'll definitely post pics once I get them. 
Still haven't decided whether I intend to keep both or keep one and trade the other....  What would you guys recommend?  I mean, I could definitely trade one for something else I really want...  But I dunno? 

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »
Congrats on your Peachies! You'll love them, and careful... you'll be hooked as soon as you get them!

Concerning keeping or trading, just hold on to both at first, and then when you decide which one IS going to be your Italian Peachy, then trade the other one for something you'd like :) you might love both since one might have a little difference the other one doesn't have... hope that helps.

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Margos

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 03:50:42 PM »
Congrats on your Peachies! You'll love them, and careful... you'll be hooked as soon as you get them!

Concerning keeping or trading, just hold on to both at first, and then when you decide which one IS going to be your Italian Peachy, then trade the other one for something you'd like :) you might love both since one might have a little difference the other one doesn't have... hope that helps.

Knowing me, I probably will end up falling in love with both of them.  That's how I am with my American Peachies, too!  They're the "same" pony, but they look really different.  These two, from the picture, look like the same thing might be going on.  So I probably won't trade one.  It depends how I feel once I get them.  I can't wait!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
Got one already?? Well, two? Wow, congratulations to you!! :cheer: :cheer:

Margos

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »

Yeah, LOL!  After deciding to look for Peachy (Pesca?), I found an auction for two of them that only had an hour left!  I got so lucky!

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »

Yeah, LOL!  After deciding to look for Peachy (Pesca?), I found an auction for two of them that only had an hour left!  I got so lucky!
I found the ended auction... You won them for so super cheap, wowww! :P

Margos

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:01 PM »
I found the ended auction... You won them for so super cheap, wowww! :P
I know!  I thought someone would come along and bump it up to at least $10!  Today really was my lucky day!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal