collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: We might be getting better plushes soon!  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
We might be getting better plushes soon!
« on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:34 AM »
So ... after getting bored of Taobao, I started surfing another famous chinese (and international) website: Alibaba.

Were these officially released at some point?:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557010580/My_Little_Pony_G3_Nanco_Plush.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557008753/MY_Little_Pony_RARITY_Friendship_is.html

The same company also had this online:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557012599/MY_LITTLE_PONY_Pillow_PLush_Canderlot.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557012781/TALKING_STORYTELLER_friendship_magic_TWILIGHT_SPARKLE.html

And the good news is here my friends:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557012412/MY_LITTLE_PONY_OPEN_COMMISSION_FLUTTERSHY.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557012220/LITTLE_PONY_OPEN_COMMISSION_APPLEJACK_CUSTOM.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557011054/Handmade_minky_custom_plush_My_Little.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557011841/MY_LITTLE_PONY_OPEN_COMMISSION_CARROT.html
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/557010262/My_Little_Pony_Stickr_Custom_Vinyl.html

Some look better than others, they also have a lot of others, some look like trials to me. As you can see they cost very little to make ... but who's willing to order 3000 plushes anyway? :D

I do hope some will be released! I'd love some official good looking FIM plushes!

Also: sorry to only post the links, I'll see if my internet speed is good enough to upload all the pics on my photobucket :s

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: We might be getting better plushes soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
Those look like pictures from handmade ebay auctions... Since some of the links say custom or commission I'm pretty sure they're not official unfortunately :(  I was just telling my husband how much I wanted them to start putting out plushies that are actually cute.

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »
The fact that all these are shown from the same factory makes me think that they might be working on it tough.

The difference of styles made me think they might be stolen from ebay auctions or maybe they are trying different techinques? I want to have hope on this >.<

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:34:42 AM »
I wouldn't get your hopes up. These are definitely stolen images from ebay auctions.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:08:09 AM »
I wouldn't get your hopes up. These are definitely stolen images from ebay auctions.

yes they are.
just search dA, a lot of those are there.
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=pony+plushie
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »
They are certainly stolen ebay images and it would be an odd mixture of characters to go for. I suspect if HB were merchandising anything along these lines they would initially launch the original 6. However, thats not to say some enterprising person hasnt decided to push their luck and make plushies on a larger than "one at a time" scale - however unless licensed by HB they wont last for too long probably.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »
Dodgy! It makes me wonder if the seller can fulfil, or even intends to fulfil, any orders. The whole things smells of rat to me.

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »
These are definitely stolen images! The 1st plush is the smallest version of the Australian/nz exclusive sunny daze beanie released way back in 2003. The second image is of the talking/ story telling twilight sparkle that was released about a year ago. And the 3rd image is of a custom made fim plush.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Keiri

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
I recognize all of those FiM plushies from eBay auctions. They're stolen images.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »
It says "custom," BUT also says minimum order of 3000 pieces. 0.o And you can see the hang tags on some. Seems legit to me.

majikarte

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 07:09:45 AM »
All those stolen photos... I wonder what you'd actually get if you tried to order them? But then, you'd have to order 3000. xD

Offline moonflower

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »
It says "custom," BUT also says minimum order of 3000 pieces. 0.o And you can see the hang tags on some. Seems legit to me.

Some of the stolen images are OOAK custom ponies, how can that be legit? ^^

Even if they are making ponies to order like this, I am 100% certain that Hasbro has nothing to do with them and that they would not be too pleased.

All those stolen photos... I wonder what you'd actually get if you tried to order them? But then, you'd have to order 3000. xD

Lol - I would love my own custom, talking, moving pony, but I don't want 3000 of them! xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 02:41:47 AM »

Even if they are making ponies to order like this, I am 100% certain that Hasbro has nothing to do with them and that they would not be too pleased.

Lol - I would love my own custom, talking, moving pony, but I don't want 3000 of them! xD

Its not legit but thats the way it works!

I deal with Chinese factories a lot in my work when we are doing special builds - talking to one means everyone ends up with your email address which usually means you get tons of nonsense emails [although I ll admit occasionally you get some interesting ones] but what I find most amusing is when I get through offers with the "amazing" products they supply and I look at the pictures and see my own patented and OOAK formats! Lol...the ones I have manufactured in the UK and Germany and they are proclaiming this is the product they offer.  Thats the way the system works unfortunately - its to hook you in and then they ll create the product bespoke for you - its not that they have or are creating that exact image...its just that thats what they can do [in theory]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline moonflower

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:39 AM »

Its not legit but thats the way it works!

I deal with Chinese factories a lot in my work when we are doing special builds - talking to one means everyone ends up with your email address which usually means you get tons of nonsense emails [although I ll admit occasionally you get some interesting ones] but what I find most amusing is when I get through offers with the "amazing" products they supply and I look at the pictures and see my own patented and OOAK formats! Lol...the ones I have manufactured in the UK and Germany and they are proclaiming this is the product they offer.  Thats the way the system works unfortunately - its to hook you in and then they ll create the product bespoke for you - its not that they have or are creating that exact image...its just that thats what they can do [in theory]

Lol! I am guessing in China it is legit; it happens all the time and they get away with it. Because their rules are different nobody can do anything about it as they are not doing anything wrong.

Just think of the a amount of money you could make if you had a few grand spare... You could order 3000 Rainbow Dash Plushies to sell... But then Hasbro would come down on your head like a tonne of bricks, lol! xD
And quite rightly so of course!

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 05:31:33 PM »
None of the links work for me :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal