collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wedding ponies on Kmart site.  (Read 21930 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: Wedding ponies on Kmart site.
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »
Wow, mine was refunded this morning!  Yikes, I really hope people don't get *screwed* by this!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »
Maybe we should write to Hasbro again (I wrote last time, but I am open to writing again.).  It's not right that Kmart "shows off" stuff it doesn't actually have.  As a Hasbro distributor, couldn't they get in trouble for this?

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »
Well, Kmart sucks.
Payment confirmed, notification of item being sold out even though it says available and even shows it being at certain local stores, payment refunded.

Went to stores & online info is totally inaccurate. You have to try & buy them to find out if they're in stock. Of Lyra, Trixie & Sunny Rays only Sunny Rays order went thru...not for me but for my boyfriend...even though we live in the same place. So I'll keep ya posted on what we get in the mail come 14-20th (est delivery date)

The most interesting find was Dewdrop Dazzle x 3. The M6 luggage & M6 with DVDs were the bulk of quantity.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:41 AM »
Got an email today: my order has been shipped.  The message was signed by the VP of e-commerce :huh:?

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »
I have heard that kmart is notoriously bad for sending people the wrong ponies. I took a gamble, though, and I ordered these. I can't WAIT to see what they send me, seriously. It's either going to be the right thing or it's going to be four pinkie pies. :)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »
I'm so anxious too see how it turns out for those of you who ordered and have gotten a shipping confirmation.

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »
Just saw this on another pony site and figured it would be worth posting.

I just got off the phone with customer service after going through this. I ordered the item, my item confirmation showed what I ordered, (MY LITTLE PONY Friendship is Magic PONY WEDDING), and then an hour later I received my pickup notice. I didn't see it until I came home very pissed off, but the item on my pick up said "MY LITTLE PONY FAVORITE FRIENDS". Different series, but both have the same stock number. So the online store sees the toys in stock, even though it's the wrong toys. I had them dig around. and they said they just get a big assortment box, all with the same SKU, and just grab random toys to fill the order. The invoice they received at the store didn't even list the toy names, just My Little Pony Toy.

Basically what is happening is, the online store is filling the orders for the new toys using old toy stock that is already on hand in stores, and NOT the new series. Its a Bait and Switch. The new toys most likely arn't even available yet, and may not be until old stock sells out. The CS rep said it was listed as out of stock for delivery, and only available for in store pickup.

If anyone does get the right ponies, please let us know. If not, I hope you don't have issues getting a refund because of the same SKU. They could just say "It's got the right stock number, so it's the product you ordered" or something. :(
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:26 PM »
Heh heh... if they try to do that to me, they're going to get a fun customer service call. :P

hikari_amaya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
DO NOT ORDER!!! Just got back from the store, ok honestly I'm upset and even the staff at my local store was like are you serious!? UGH!! I bought Lyra and Trixie, we noticed they have the SAME UPC as Rarity and Plumsweet. So they took down my number to see if they will get the pony. I'm emailing the site and ask WTF?!

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2012, 02:54:55 PM »
Yep, this is the second time Kmart as done that with G4 Wedding ponies.  Sorry to hear they stressed you out.  :(

hikari_amaya

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
Maybe we should write to Hasbro again (I wrote last time, but I am open to writing again.).  It's not right that Kmart "shows off" stuff it doesn't actually have.  As a Hasbro distributor, couldn't they get in trouble for this?
I completely agree with this. Even one of the staff was like OMG this happened before D; I was like yup... They agreed that i should alert my pony friends so that they dont order.

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
I completely agree with this. Even one of the staff was like OMG this happened before D; I was like yup... They agreed that i should alert my pony friends so that they dont order.

Yeah, look what Hasbro said last time: (i posted this around page 3 of this thread )

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,290294.msg116689.html#msg116689

"We don't know" :(

hikari_amaya

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »
Just saw this on another pony site and figured it would be worth posting.

I just got off the phone with customer service after going through this. I ordered the item, my item confirmation showed what I ordered, (MY LITTLE PONY Friendship is Magic PONY WEDDING), and then an hour later I received my pickup notice. I didn't see it until I came home very pissed off, but the item on my pick up said "MY LITTLE PONY FAVORITE FRIENDS". Different series, but both have the same stock number. So the online store sees the toys in stock, even though it's the wrong toys. I had them dig around. and they said they just get a big assortment box, all with the same SKU, and just grab random toys to fill the order. The invoice they received at the store didn't even list the toy names, just My Little Pony Toy.

Basically what is happening is, the online store is filling the orders for the new toys using old toy stock that is already on hand in stores, and NOT the new series. Its a Bait and Switch. The new toys most likely arn't even available yet, and may not be until old stock sells out. The CS rep said it was listed as out of stock for delivery, and only available for in store pickup.

If anyone does get the right ponies, please let us know. If not, I hope you don't have issues getting a refund because of the same SKU. They could just say "It's got the right stock number, so it's the product you ordered" or something. :(

This is exactly on what I just went through. Thankfully my Kmart is pretty chill. But theyre ticked too because I dont freak out like most of their customers they were thankful for that. I did need Plumsweet for my collection but I would rather have Lyra and Trixie... :(

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »
So, KMart does NOT HAVE THE PONIES.

I saw the Equestria Daily post last night around 11 PM. The KMart closest to me said they had them in stock, so i placed an order for three Lyra's and three Trixie's. The confirmation page had the names and pictures of the ponies.  8 AM, I got the text that my order was ready for in-store pickup. 

Please, keep in mind that "closest" KMart for me is literally 50 miles one way. Before going to the service desk to pick up my order, I went to the toy section and found Cupcake/Lulu Luck/Flitterheart ponies; there was nothing wedding related there at all.  I went to the service desk and they didn't have my order up there.  They called someone in the back to bring it up and I knew instantly that it was the wrong one.  They had Rainbow Dash, Honeybuzz, Twinkleshine, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Dewdrop Dazzle. Of course, I told them these were not what I ordered and showed them my e-mail confirmation. 

The manager was called up.  Turns out, she was the one who actually packaged my order. She had attached the SKU page that showed all of the possible UPC codes that could fill my order to the actual order page.  The order page showed my ponies (Trixie and Lyra Wedding Assortment), but had tons of other numbers below them.  She said that my order was filled correctly because any item on those nine pages filled it.  I told her that those were not the correct items and that she should have known that because the names are on the boxes, even if the SKU numbers are all the same.  I also asked why I was not notified that they did not have my exact ponies and stressed that I drove 50 miles to get there for those specific ponies.  She was clearly exasperated, but tried her best to help me.

I was very polite with them the whole time and told them I understood they had a flawed system and that it wasn't their fault.  I showed them the EQ Daily photos of the ponies and explained that they are very desirable items and that this situation will probably come up again. They took my name and number, wrote descriptions of the desired ponies, and said they would call me when they came in. The manager even said she was going to West Virginia this weekend and she would check KMart there to see if she could get them for me.

While I didn't get the ponies I wanted and wasted an hour and a half of my time and a ton of gas, I still feel like I received very good customer service.  I was fully refunded and they are trying to get the right ones for me.  All of the employees were very polite, even as I had to explain the difference between ponies and that it really does matter to collectors (and children!) what name is on the box.  Because of the way the manager handled this, I'm totally up for going back to that KMart in the future.

Best of luck to those of you who ordered online!  Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

Offline mshesha

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • G1 convert
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 05:58:30 PM »
So, KMart does NOT HAVE THE PONIES.

I saw the Equestria Daily post last night around 11 PM. The KMart closest to me said they had them in stock, so i placed an order for three Lyra's and three Trixie's. The confirmation page had the names and pictures of the ponies.  8 AM, I got the text that my order was ready for in-store pickup. 

Please, keep in mind that "closest" KMart for me is literally 50 miles one way. Before going to the service desk to pick up my order, I went to the toy section and found Cupcake/Lulu Luck/Flitterheart ponies; there was nothing wedding related there at all.  I went to the service desk and they didn't have my order up there.  They called someone in the back to bring it up and I knew instantly that it was the wrong one.  They had Rainbow Dash, Honeybuzz, Twinkleshine, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Dewdrop Dazzle. Of course, I told them these were not what I ordered and showed them my e-mail confirmation. 

The manager was called up.  Turns out, she was the one who actually packaged my order. She had attached the SKU page that showed all of the possible UPC codes that could fill my order to the actual order page.  The order page showed my ponies (Trixie and Lyra Wedding Assortment), but had tons of other numbers below them.  She said that my order was filled correctly because any item on those nine pages filled it.  I told her that those were not the correct items and that she should have known that because the names are on the boxes, even if the SKU numbers are all the same.  I also asked why I was not notified that they did not have my exact ponies and stressed that I drove 50 miles to get there for those specific ponies.  She was clearly exasperated, but tried her best to help me.

I was very polite with them the whole time and told them I understood they had a flawed system and that it wasn't their fault.  I showed them the EQ Daily photos of the ponies and explained that they are very desirable items and that this situation will probably come up again. They took my name and number, wrote descriptions of the desired ponies, and said they would call me when they came in. The manager even said she was going to West Virginia this weekend and she would check KMart there to see if she could get them for me.

While I didn't get the ponies I wanted and wasted an hour and a half of my time and a ton of gas, I still feel like I received very good customer service.  I was fully refunded and they are trying to get the right ones for me.  All of the employees were very polite, even as I had to explain the difference between ponies and that it really does matter to collectors (and children!) what name is on the box.  Because of the way the manager handled this, I'm totally up for going back to that KMart in the future.

Best of luck to those of you who ordered online!  Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
Hope...going down :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal